Register now to get rid of these ads!

PLEASE HELP ME identify this frame?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LUSK, Sep 11, 2007.

1. LUSK

LUSK

Need help finding out what this is before I bring it home.I only want to bring it home if it's a model A frame.Should it have horns?

Attached Files:

2. crapshoot

crapshoot

kinda looks like a model t but it looks like it's got a pretty good taper to it so i have no clue hahaha

3. Model A Ford; The Wizzard

4. LUSK

LUSK

SHould it have horns? They do not look to have been cut off ever?

5. It does Not look like a Ford Model A to me. I just do not see anything that looks like an A.

Sorry I can't tell you what it might be.

6. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Looks like an A frame with the front horns and crossmember removed, and a pair of engine mounts added.

7. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

29 A looks like,,We had a model A truck frame that looked like that,,the mounts are stock

not ours but ..
    [​IMG]

8. Definetaly a model A frame. but pretty useless. THe front has been cut off behind the crossmember and the rails are bent in badly in the front. They usually straighten out alot torward the front. THese two brackets on the back are what are left of old Bumper brackets. The metal is also badly pitted and thin, but the rear cross member does look good.

9. LUSK

LUSK

Shit ! now I am more confused than when I started??

10. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

It's definately Model A, my 29 frame is almost identical. Just because it is missing the front crossmember and frame horns doesn't render it useless either, it would be a great suicide axle setup candidate. And if it's a little bent big deal, they straighten easily, mine was out of whack in the front until I cut it to step it and I straightened it by hand then (literally). Good find, go get it and if nothing else you have a model for building one out of tubing or whatever.

11. LUSK

LUSK

I want to put my 26 t roadster on it. I also have a 55 rear end.I just want it to be safe cuz my sons going to be riding in it.I want to have it a little lower than stock. Is this a good start? Anyone have a photo of amodel a suicide axle set up?

12. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

no need to be confused, I have had a lot of em over the years, it's definitely model A ( as per this quote ). get it if it's cheap

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah its a good start and yes it IS a 'A' frame. You may be able to find better but why pay more? If your welding skills are up to it, that is as good as any to start with.
    You Yanks are just too spoiled with good steel to think of avoiding that!