Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 chevy master upgrade question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billjoyal, Sep 9, 2007.

1. billjoyal

billjoyal

im buying the ECI disc brake conversion kit. Whats the best master to go with. Not looking for vac. assist or nothing, just a good manual brake master setup that'll pretty much bolt into place to replace the old junky stock one. lol

2. Order what ECI reccomends. I have thier manual setup in my 54.It is still Drum/drum

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

68 73 mustang for disc drum. chassis engineering makes a bracket that bolts to the frame in the same spot as the original.

4. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I used 10 gauge steel and fabbed up a bracket that bolts around the stocker, ala thefillingstation.com part and bolted in a 1" corvette master. you can use any 1"master for disc/drum or use the vette for 4w disc. a long rod runs through the gutted stock piece to retain pedal mounts and I scrapped a sawzall case to make an access door.

5. I stayed with drum/drum but upgraded to 51 and later brakes up front. I used a 67-76 Vette M/C it is made for a disc/disc set up and put 10lb RPV's in the lines it seem ok to me. Look at my Photobucket page for some pics of the bracket I made.

Todd

6. chevy gasser51

chevy gasser51

just what 49RATFINK said

7. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Walton Fab in california makes a dual master/booster that goes on the firewall and comes with all the brackets ready to bolt in.
    -Anthony

8. cretin

cretin

RB's has a bolt in kit for under the floor but is a power brake setup. I'm about to install mine under the dash, because I cant use the RB's since the car is bagged. I got my kit from kugel komponents, mine is a power brake kit but they sell manual as well.