Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yeller Rose Rods 32 5W coupe body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ralph Moore, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

While in Texas the end of this month, I was thinking of checking out these guys for a 32 5W body. www.yellerroserods.com . Has anyone been to their shop or bought one of their bodies? They are just south of Fort Worth. As much as I would love to have a steel 32, the prices are way out of reach, so I'm looking at glass.

2. Rusty

Rusty

I see there stuff at the local swap meets, Seems like qaulity for glass bodies. They are good poeple too.

Rusty

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

What ever happened to the fiberglass 5-window and roadster bodies that were being imported from Mexico in the 80s-90s(?)? They were featured in several magazines and imported through Texas and Arizona I believe. The maker was a guy involved in some big buck business who was into cars as a hobby. One of the major magazine writers of the time became involved in this project.

4. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

I'll only be in Houston for a week, but I thought I'd drive up to Ft. Worth and see if they would give me a tour. I just might put a down payment on a body.

5. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Come to think of it I do remember when I was in Houston visiting in the early 80's there was a shop right off interstate 45 that had bodies for sale. They were around 2K and I thought that was expensive then.

6. Get ready to spend a whole lot more...

7. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

If I only knew then what I know now!

8. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

After visiting their site, it sure looks good, don't see a price anywhere there though.

9. hdv32

hdv32

10. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

I just heard back from Yeller Rose Rods, their bodies are RussNoMore. He is a dealer for their bodies. They are getting $6554.00 for a 5w with manual windows(which is what I want).

11. I think those molds went to Flatlander's in Virginia and then to New Age in Conneticut.

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Early Irons Swap Meet was held at Northline Shopping Center at the juncture of Loop 610 and Hwy 290 in northwest Houston.
    The club had nothing to do with the 32 5W Sledgehammer party.
    My oh my, how memories distort over the years.

That body, die-straight yes, was total junk, it was channelled over a 32 frame on the ground, later, in the ground, next to a sheet metal building on Hwy 90 just east of Houston for at least 30-plus years. Hundreds, if not 1000s, of car guys tried to buy it over the years but were sent down the road.
    I bought it for $40. It was a chopped 5W Coupe body with doors, no decklid, no firewall, no floor, no wood, no garnish mouldings. When we picked it up, the bottom 3-4" of the body all around stayed on/in the ground. I stripped the few good small parts off of it to sell, offered the body for sale for $100 at the swap meet. Got nothing but laughs and a good ribbing about what a piece of junk it was.
    Sold the front crossmember from the frame for $100, the rear for $30. There was no K-member.
    Took the sledge from the truck, pasted a piece of notebook paper on it, $5 a lick. Made about $150 from that, then broke what was left up into panels, a little pile of wadded up rust about 3 ft cube, and gave it to a friend. He probably still has it.

The Memorial City Swap Meet was put on by several clubs in unison, one was a 53-56 F100 Club.

13. We know a builder in the Waco Texas area. If your interested we could forward you the inforamtion. We got a 31' Ford steel body from him and were well pleased with his work. Reasonable too.

14. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Sure, I'm always looking for more contacts.

15. Hi Ralph...sorry not to get back to you sooner. Chuck is in
    Plainview. Which is 75 miles south of Amarillo. Sorry I got my builders in the wrong end of Texas. Chuck does not currently have anything he can put his hands on in a 32' all steel body. He just completed a 1930 Dodge that is wild. You can check that on Ebay #170146424452. If you would still want to contact him you can give him a call at 860-296-9315....Good Luck in your search!
    Sandy