Register now to get rid of these ads!

SO-CAL L.A. Store Location opens TODAY!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimA, Sep 4, 2007.

1. 50Fraud

50Fraud

It's looking real, Jim, and waay better than it looked on Saturday. Congratulations and good luck!
    Tony

2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Wishing you the best of luck Jim, Thats a huge undertaking but i'm sure you will be successful, Shop look's great and look forward to popping in next time i'm over.

3. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Congrat's and Good Luck Jim!

Can't wait to see it in person.

B:)B

4. Best of luck.

5. Hey Jim: Best of luck on the opening -- know you've been working on it for quite awhile. I've appreciated doing business with you and plan to do a bunch more!

Hey gang - if you're looking for So-Cal stuff, Jim does a great job and treats HAMBers right --> give him a call. :D

Dale "Bored & Stroked" Hays

6. Bookz

Bookz

Great to see it up and running Jim. Hope it all works for you. Now that things are settling down can you get me a postage cost for those models?

7. Glad to see you got the doors open, How was the first day?

8. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

First day was pretty good- had a couple through the doors a few minutes after opening- and people in every hour after that. Everyone was pretty stoked on the store, and liked the fact that it's easy to get to right off the Freeway.

9. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Dude, you've GOT to take a wall and do a bunch of Bikini Beach "Big Drag's" club/Roth style creatures all over it and let people sign it and draw stuff all over it. Now THAT would be swell.....

10. cherrytart20

cherrytart20
    from Carson, CA

I can see my shift knobs in the glass case! Hope you are doing good with the business so far. You gonna have a grand opening shin-dig of any kind?

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

There used to be one in Houston. I don't know what happened to it. It sure would be cool to have one here now.

12. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Yeah, I sold a couple of them!

Doing OK- going to have a BIG "Hot Rod Halloween" Grand Opening Party Nov. 3rd. Kevin Lee was already teasing me today that I'm 'Late as usual" having a Halloween Party 3 days after the 31st, but this is a Saturday and SEMA is on Halloween when every one is out of town anyway. I will have bands (open to suggestions!), food and hot rod movies projected on the side of the building. All the SO-CAL guys like Pete Chapouris& Alex Xydias will be there- and hopefully Jimmy will make it with his hot rod and new employee (he said he could make it).

Also open on the weekends and will have Donuts ready if people let me know they will be swinging by.

Here's a pic from my first Saturday morning with the shop open. Thanks Jim

Attached Files:

13. I love your signage :D

Best of luck with the new venture.

14. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

I was Jim's first walk in customer on opening day. It was only a shirt, but I got to meet him and some of his family. Very nice people. By the way I found out about his shop on this website.
    Good Luck,
    Brian

15. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Thanks Brian!!! I framed the money as traditionally you are supposed to do- and special bonus was both bills have my lucky numbers in them! Come back with the Merc sometime- that's my Dad's '51 in the line-up. Thanks again, Jim

16. Lookin good Jim. Long time coming and it looks by the pictures that you've been a real busy guy.

Congrats and Good Luck.

Needed a new place to visit next time we do the Left Coast.

Dennis

17. Congratulations Jim!!!Also thank you for the new catalog,now that i'm finally getting some work after 1 1/2 years without,i can get back to buying some parts for the project.:D

18. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Cool frijoles Jim.

Can't wait to see the place in person.

19. Von Franco

Von Franco

With much sucksess to you my ol friend..............Great job man.................