Register now to get rid of these ads!

Weekend swap meet scores...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratmotor, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Went to a swap meet at Oro here in Ontario and scored this way cool air breather for the paltry sum of $12.50! Might need a bit of adapting to fit my Holley but will look sweet. I think I have seen this part in old hotrod magazines somewhere. No logos on it that my old eyes can see.Other scores were brand new BBC headers for $50.00,vintage Sun tach $5.00 and ladder bars setup $35.00 although I may not use them. My buddy who was vending bought a set of Fenton slots 15 x 4 for $25.00 and another pair for $190.00 Buddy with me scooped a vintage Offy intake for his Dodge for $20.00 All you have to do is look....

Attached Files:

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

drove 1.5 hours from Fremont to Santa Rosa here in sunny California. this swap has been going on for quite a while. it is small but has lots of good junk,

picked up an NOS unity spotlight for "1965 ford and mercury". in the ford box with instructions and everything. $35.00.

got 4 50's pontiac dog dish hubcaps for $20.00. they are going to clean up real nice.

got one unknown bumper/grille guard for 5 bucks, and another that looks like it would be killer on a 47 - 54 chevy pickup for $25.00.

there must have been 50 cool cars of all makes and models in the preferred parking lot. good little swap... highly recommended for anyone within a couple hours or so, even though there were prolly no more than 30 vendors.

cool air cleaner... I'd guess cal custom...

3. Frank

Frank

My best recent score was a couple of weeks or so ago at a nearby swap meet. This guy had some items marked "FREE". One of my favorite F words. Anyway, I spotted this steering wheel with a chrome center and slotted spokes. The whole diameter was covered in old duct tape. It had a "free" tag so I grabbed it. I just had to see what was under that duct tape. After spending nearly an hour of peeling off all the gummy duct tape then layers of black tape, I ended up with a pretty decent red metalflake wheel. The color has darkened so it looks more like a copper metal flake, but cool just the same.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

a picture is worth 1000 words. can anybody ID these hubcaps or guards? the hubcaps go on the old style wheels with the riveted in clips....

[​IMG]

5. kustomclassics

kustomclassics

The top guard appears to be a mopar product, the second one is a factory 47-55 Chevy and GMC accessory truck guard very good buy at $25.

6. My dads 55 Pontiac had similar hub caps. Matter of fact they are hanging in my basement!

7. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Those hubcaps look like the ones on my 56 Wagon.

8. 1oldrat

1oldrat

air scoop looks like one to get air to the engine on a shovelhead

9. MVM

MVM

Amazing finds... Makes me wish we had more swaps over here. Maybe next year Ill start one !! haha

10. Found a similar air breather on Ebay. Its the same with this info cast inside.Had to find some glasses to see it! CALIF. CUSTOM ACCESS. MFG. CO.; NO. 40-44". Definitely a good score for the price!

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

sounds like there good deals go be found up there. If it wasnt 2000 miles away I'd be all over it.

12. Retro61

Retro61

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Not a swap meet score, but i picked up a '48 Chevy pickup w/title today for $100.00! Missing the hood and rear fenders, but the rest is in really good condition!
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yeah... the top guard was screaming "MOPAR" at me too. the license plate is worth the 5 bucks I paid.

saw somebody walking around with a factory ford big block 3 deuce setup...along with the air cleaner. don't know what they paid for it.

saw a cool pair of HOLMES finned aluminum early olds valve covers for 2 hundred... fair price if you have an early olds I suppose...

good swap.............

14. 51 pickem up

51 pickem up
    from mosheim,tn

hubcaps 55 chevy

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

"hubcaps 55 chevy"

... how come they day PONTIAC on them.. twice! cleaned on up with a brillo pad.. came out pretty nice.