Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ***Friday art show 9-7-2007***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coupe-De-CAB, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

that is an awesome paimting

2. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

That tiki in the wood is killer!

3. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I never thought I wood say this to another man but... Nice box!

4. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Damn you Coop666...Damn you to hell!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. ok, so heres some stuff from the calgary tattoo and arts festival i was at last weekend....pinstriped a few things there......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

some older panels i did!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. id be happy with that family car anyday.....

hows it going Rollie...great lookin stuf...as expected...

7. i learned a long time ago..i could care less what people say about my art..haha...ill always keep painting.....i like posting stuff i have done recently....weather i get comments or not....its just great to see all the other artwork....

i admit i dont usually post comments about others cause...i duno if they will even see my comments about there art....these web boards are kinda combersum to follow along with.....

8. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Man, you're not the only one. I have posted 'car-related' stuff in the past, and only occasionally get a nod from anyone. I don't take it to heart to much; happens on other strictly art boards as well. On the other hand, tell people you're curating a show and they become your best friends!

9. TINGLER

TINGLER

Hey cool.

I was just checking the art show and saw this.

Neato. I definitely dig the tiki's in the wood....and I notice you have the wash tub hanging on the old outhouse I've got on the hill. haha.

Hillbilly tiki gasser.

J.

10. brainfrz

brainfrz

To all the artists, THANKS! The art show makes the HAMB for me. Cant draw a lick, but love to look at those that can. Or any medium thats put up here for us to study.

Gotta say Welcome to another SJ, CA local - ubermustang - can you enlarge that pic so we can see the details?

Jon

11. lmte11

lmte11

These boxes are awesome looking. They are classy.

12. carartNICK; I understand how you feel, but please remember that there are ton of Hambers like myself that wouldn't think of missing the Friday art show.
    We just don't post our appreciation, first; because we don't want to tie up the thread,and second; I think we don't consider ourselves "inside" the art community.
    Please know, and I think a lot of us would agree, that ALL the work that you guys & gals do and post to this thread each and every week is valued greatly.
    I cant think of a better way to finish the week!

13. theres so much stuff posted each week that it's hard to comment on everything, everything is great stuff, cause we got a kool site and if yer a hamber yer already kool. just everybody keep postin, yer stuff is noticed
    on fridays.
    rollie - nothin wrong with a impala supersport, they will be tomorrows lead sled - even nicer pinstriped
    sinclair - primo show, i wanna try to do one in my area

14. Hillbilly tiki gasser.

J.[/QUOTE]

BIG TIME!

Glad you approve. And in the words of the late great Henry Gibson, (who's not dead but his career is; c'mon CHARMED?)
    "You aint seen-a nut'in yet."
    (...oh, wait,... he didn't sy that.)

15. KCsledz

KCsledz

No need for the hard feelings! I have commented on your work and even traded ya for some art. Your doing a good job! Keep showing what you got.

16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

That thing is so ugly, they should of just left it in the fire.

17. Damn, Coop...
    as a devout Christian (WWJD) it would be wrong for me to hang that in the homestead, but damn that is sweet. Damn! Did I say damn?

18. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Attached Files:

19. stomper

stomper
    from SLC

Coop,

I like the texture you created with the brush strokes. I was trying to figure out what you did on the first picture. Then I scrolled down to see the detail.
    Nice!

20. Would like to congratulate ALL the artists,pinstripers,illustrators,photographers,and whomever who contribute to the Art Show every week.I guess what I like most about it is the diversity of work.My main work is pinstriping and signs.I used to dabble a bit with airbrush but never achieved the level of competency that shows up here.Ditto with cartooning and automotive illustration.
    I enjoy ALL forms of art(including non-automotive related)and as with a lot of people here look forward to perusing this weekly treat.I can feel a lot of heart and soul going into the work being done here;no matter the skill level.I have watched regular contributors here grow in their skills as time progressed and recalled my earlier years when I was going through the process.I still am.As a famous(or infamous)person once said,"If you didn't learn SOMETHING today,you're probably not breathing!"
    I really don't see any,"cliques" or,"clanning" on the board;I do see groups who share mutual interests whether they be rods,customs,motorcycles,skateboards,or model cars.The one feature that virtually ALL of us share is the Art Show.
    Sorry for the long rant,but I thought this needed to be addressed(as several people already have).I will now go back to packing my wife's trusty Tracker for the trip to Frankenmuth.Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Ray,"Ol' Farto" Smith

21. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Janne,
    I'm really digging this... very cool!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
    the size of the stencil is 11 X 14.

As for the hamb artist who feel "left out" ...All the work here is great, no matter if anyone tells you so or not. I would hope people are posting their art to show and share with other artists and fellow hambers, not just for the praises of how talented you are.

All the talent on this board is amazing and it's all "in season" to where your skill level is at.

Have fun with your art, no matter if it pleases anyone else but yourself. A true artist doesn't care what others think, because he does it for the love of creating it ...not for the love of his own praise or the acceptance to fit in.

I'm sure all the fabricators and builders feel the same way, they build because they have a passion to do so.

Just stay creative and stay positive!

22. GaryC.

GaryC.

23. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

couldnt have said it better myself. There are weeks where there are just too many great pieces to comment on, and I have had work that seems to slip through the cracks but it doesnt mean i wont post, it just makes me want to make my work better. I understand that alot of us like to hear comments on their work, because where better to get feedback than from other artists who share your passion for the subject matter. But for all of those who feel left out, you shouldnt, every week im blown away by what everyone here has to offer whether it is expressed or not and im sure there are many of hambers who appriciate and admire all the work even when it isnt expressed in words.

24. customcory

customcory

I'm eatin everything up in the show this week , compliments to everyone that has the drive to get up in the morning and keep producing stuff . I know my life would have been more prosperous doing something else, it would be easier to just walk away...none of us are like that, we got to get this stuff out of our heads or we will implode! I don't have a website or anything , so HAMB is it for me. Heres a big thank you for HAMB , so we have a place to go every week and throw our stuff out there.:D
    Anyway, carartNick..went to your website, I like your stuff, you got it going on! Jigger.. somebody has to do that tiki thing you just come up with, imagine a 61-62 Ford big wagon with the wood! GaryC..bringin the top down and the original style window holes, never thought of that, also thanks for the compliments, same to you and everyone else.:D
    Here are a couple of T-shirts I did . I did street rod one in '87, and the other one in '93. It was our shop shirt for a while there...don't cut yourself on the billet :eek:

Dsc00746.jpg

Dsc00748.jpg

Dsc00744.jpg

Dsc00745.jpg

Dsc00751.jpg

Dsc00740.jpg

25. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Coop--- Just to let you know i'm a big fan of BOOBS :D

and Congrats on getting back to work!!! hahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  26. 53burb

53burb

Coop. Now that is my kind of drag racing theme!!!!! KNUX!

27. Sweet, wish I could have had some work on my kevlar helmet, Vietnam style!

28. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Just a quick comment in praise of other artists.

I post because I enjoy sharing my stuff with other like minded people. This board is what gave me the urge to learn to pinstripe. A lot of folks on here encouraged and critiqued (sp?) me and made me a better striper and all around artist. I don't make my living at it but have had a lot of folks purchase my work, a high form of praise in itself.

When praise does come from others on the board it is cherished, especialy when it is a piece that I think came out well.

I was born in a pinball generation, not a video game generation. I like to be able to shake it and make it work. That takes nothing away from the talented artists that work in the virtual world. It's just another rmedium. I had an art teacher once tell me there is no such thing as cheating in art.

It's an honor to be in the game, and play on the field with such talented players.

Thanks for letting me be a part every week. In music, sports and now in art, when you play with folks better than you it gets you to play above your head, makes you better. I like that.

GV

29. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Coop666: I'd call that one "done" right now - The simplicity of those lines is just spectacular. I don't know if adding anything more would improve what is already there (I'm sure it will be killer when it is done, but damn, those lines are cool!).

30. Yeah. All I could think was, Damn! That's one disproportionately large head!
    but the painting's right on. (tho I can't show my kids the art post now.)
    (Did I say DAMN?)

...also, well said CAB! (Steve's cool.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.