Register now to get rid of these ads!

More Lead East Pixs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 100% Matt, Sep 3, 2007.

1. 100% Matt

100% Matt

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Awesome pics man, thanks!

3. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Aaaaahhhhh, Lead East..........

[​IMG]

4. MVM

MVM

Good contribution !!

5. scarylarry

scarylarry

Way to go Skate Fink. Now EVERYBODY is going to know how hot the girls are at Lead East!!

6. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

so thats what they ment by "grandmas in poodle skirts"

7. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Nice!! Thanks.

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

One day you might be a grandma in a poodle skirt, you watch what you're saying.

9. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
    Great pics, thanks for posting.
    Dave
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '46 Plymouth business Coupe
    '39 Plymouth business Coupe
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I honestly don't think I've ever seen such a miserable looking cheering squad in my life.

"Go Team.....whatever."

11. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

They were probably the best looking girls there...and after looking at maybe a handful of good cars...and paying out the nose....you almost feel like you have to think dirty thoughts about SOMETHING.

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The saddest thing I see when attending a car event is the lack of folks in the 20s-30s age group with their wives and children. These are the guys and girls who should carry on after the Lead East Cheerleaders and the rest of us old duffs fade away, OR WILL THEY?

I, for one, appreciate the beauty of a mature woman, but don't mind one bit when there are a nice crowd of young ones mixed in with 'em.

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I too like mature women, but ones cloaked in a shroud of misery can never really come across as beautiful, even if they're 19.

I went to Lead East once, many years ago and I never went again. I enjoyed the impromptu doo-wop sessions in the corridors and such.

14. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Allow me to break down my Lead East expeditures.
    -Registration for 3 days...$87
    -2 30 packs of beer...$35
    -Hotel room (split a bunch of ways with friends, 3 nights)...$60
    -Gas (I killed over 1/4 tank just cruisin @ the show)...$30
    -Food (pitch in $15 for communal BBQ with club, + 3 trips to Wendy's...$30

Grand total...$242

Granted, more than most shows, however... I partied continuously for 3 days straight. I saw some of the best looking customs on the east coast. I saw the Razorbacks and several fantastic doo wop groups. I attended the drunken dance party with the Golden Gup spinning some of the best early R&B records ever. I got to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones as well.

Last time I went drinking at a club in NYC, I spent over $100 and was still sober enough to drive home, and that night only lasted from 7 pm to 3 am. The Road Agent's show is awesome, but that costs damn near as much as Lead East. The only difference really is the cost of registration, you still need a hotel room for a couple nights, beer, gas, etc. Also, you can't negate the cost of expensive food by BBQing like you can at Lead East. Not to mention that the show only lasts half as long, and has 1/3 of the cars. Lead East attracts some cars I don't want to see (Camaros, muscle cars) and so does the Road Agent's show (POS rat rods). Now don't think I'm knocking the Road Agent's show, I haven't missed it for the past 5 years and I have a blast at it every year, but I just don't understand how some of you guys get so hung up on the old people at Lead East. So what if they're old? They can't help it, should they just lay down and die? Hell, I hope to be there one day. Some of the old timers at Lead East are among the most knowledgable rodders and kustomizers I've met. Lots of 'chainers too, but so what? They often have beautifully finished kustoms, keep good builders in business, and I'd rather look at a 'chainers gorgeous kustom than some punk's hack job with maltese cross grill. And they're DRIVING their cars! What other show (besides paso) do you go to where you see people cruising all day and all night? Not the Road Agent's, not the Hot Rod Hoedown... Not a whole lot of good looking girls at Lead East for sure, but that goes for pretty much all the shows we go to. Personally, I find those old ass cheerleaders in the '58 Impala only mildly less attractive than the 300 lb tattooed freaks that most of the other shows attract. If I wanted to see tits, I'd go to the strip club or to a NOPI event (the one thing those import guys got right). I go to Lead East to see kustoms, and Lead East is in a class by itself

15. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Testify, Brother Joe!

16. Mopar34

Mopar34

100% Matt, thanks for posting the pix. Saw some really decent kustoms and some pretty old looking women. Guess you got to take the good with the bad.:eek:

Pasadenahotrod, actually we get a lot of young families with kids from 3 to 15 at some of our big local shows (shows of 500 to 1000 vehicles). Granted many are just waiting for the day that they can own their very own "ricer", but there are still others who like the rod and kustoms. Even my own kid would rather put $35k in a Lexus than in a 32 Roadster. Not that she wouldn't mine owning the 32, but that would not be her first choice. Even though we owners of rods and kustoms are not quite in the group that time has forgotten, it seems that many people have shot past the 50's and early 60's cars and moved on to the late 60's to early 70's muscle cars, while others (the younger ones) have moved to the 80's newer cars.

Only time will tell if the trend reverses.

17. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Wow. What a profound "against the grain" idea. :rolleyes:

Its been said a million times before. If you don't like it, don't go. Every thread about/near/containing the words Lead East become some bashfest. Nobody cares...

That said, nice pics man. Bunch of Street Aces cars in there! Chris' 41 was cool to see cruising, seemed at home there. :) I was totally surprised with Odoyles shoebox, that thing looks great. The sidetrim looked awesome and its really coming together. Im just happy my junk made it up there and back, I was about to burn it to the ground Saturday night haha.

18. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

well....yeah!

No worries, some people like the show, others don't. I've actually haven't been to a road agents show yet.

19. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Great pics Thanks..

20. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

i went sunday, i still dont see why people bitch about the price. i dont know of any free show that attracts as many cool cars. oh and there are hot young girls thier, you just have to look harder.

21. 41fastback

41fastback

Thanks 57JoeFoMopar for sticking up for us old people. I'm one of the old people that attends Lead East every year. It's always a great time. I enjoy talking kustoms with young guys and Lead East brings in a fair amount. People that bad mouth are the ones home with their heads up their ass. Hope to see you there next year.

22. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

WOW Joe, I couldnt have said it better myself...Like I said before, for the "Lead East Boycott Association", WE DONT NEED YOU OR YOUR RAT RODS AT LEAD EAST...1500+ of the nicest Rods and Kustoms on the East Coast...Those who dont go and bash Terry Cook are the ones that are jealous of him, jealous you didnt have the idea 25 years ago.

23. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Did this guy use a refridgerator door for a grill shell? Geez!!:D

[​IMG]

24. THEKID49

THEKID49

I talked to your brother for a little while. He took a bunch of pics of my Hudson. I see they all turned out good. Like 57Joe said, it is expensive but a good time meeting new folks and seeing old friends, and drinking way too much.

25. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

I love lead east, this year I even brought 2 cars for the hell of it, my biggest complaint was the registration was kind of disorganized but o well... o ya also just a lil disappointed that there was no muffler wrapping like i thought there was going to be, but prolly better off prolly would of blew my motor

I like talking to older guys and they still build some nice stuff

I met this guy that built this merc 2 weeks b4 lead east, said he just finished it after 8 years of work and he had to be in his 70's? ,and i mean he built it he did the chop, the grill shell everything, there was some modern stuff like a/c goofy mirrors but he even said he knows they shouldnt be on the car but he cant see out of the smaller mirrors and overall a real badass car,and not one ripple in the body a real beautiful merc

[​IMG]<br/>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  26. teddyp

teddyp

amen thanks for posting joe

27. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

couple more pics

[​IMG]<br/>[​IMG]

[​IMG]<br/>[​IMG]

[​IMG]<br/>[​IMG]

[​IMG]<br/>