Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Cool Bicycle score the other day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat ASS Whitewalls, Sep 2, 2007.

1. I've been running all over town trying to find wheel cylinders for a 55 Chevy truck, with a late rearend, nobody remembers what it came out of, or the year. So as a last resort I try Napa, I've never been able to buy anything from them, when I tell them what I want, they look at me like I'm retarded. But this time I got lucky, and found the wheel cylinders. On the way home I take a back road, and leaning against a mailbox is this bike with a sign for $10.00. I slow down, but don't stop, it didn't look all that cool. So I go about another 1/2 mile and think for $10.00 I should look at it. Well it turns out to be a Hercules Roadster, from about 1949 or 1950. It's all original right down to the tires. It's a 3spd, with mechanical hand brakes. Everything works. Turns out to be worth close to $300.00! WOW! Check out the link below, click on 1950 Raleigh 3-Speed Roadster
    http://www.mbzponton.org/kc2oqg/bikes.htm#1950_Raleigh
    Here's some pictures of it. Check out to oilers on the hub, it has them on the rear hub too, and on the crank.

Attached Files:

2. rustfarmer

rustfarmer
    from Hawaii

Nice Score! Thats when a find is the best - when you aren't really looking for it.

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

good looking bike. it pays to take the back roads