Register now to get rid of these ads!

Viva Las Vegas/shifters Car Show ~ Rest In Peace

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its gonna carry on...VIVA LAS VEGAS is THE event that the Shifters organized the car show AT...NOT the car show itself.....

There is STILL going to be a car show at VIVA LAS VEGAS just not run by The Shifters.

Alex & the guys did a great job, thanks for that, and good luck in the future.

2. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

:confused:

3. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Only thing I can say is no matter how any of you feel about the issue it was the late 80's early 90's rockabilly scene that pretty much birthed the modern traditional car movement that has evolved into the so called "rat rod" ol skool rod thing.

I really have never gotten any attitude from Shifters, Choppers, or any of the other clubs that have roots from that time.

I have seen crap from the later guys and the greaser punks but some of them are down right cool also.

I fear how the Viva and Paso things changed that even the Round Up runs the risk of falling prey to the same stupid nonsense.

You don't have to be a rockabilly/surf/drag guy to be into tradition...alot of the guys are.

Attacking that scene is a dead horse.

Rat Rodders and guys in 70's cars with flat black paint cause more problems and I for one hope the scene as a trend-oid thing dies and only those who really love the stuff remain.

You say it has nothing to do with traditional cars and you are right, it has to do with the rat wrecks and how popular all this has become. It is an influx of guys who want to show off for the wrong reasons. Viva was about the music and the cars for many, for others it was a chance to act the fool and tear stuff up. Paso was about the cars. Many folks did not get this nor did they care.

And as a fellow Texan I don't get the attack on the West Coast guys at all in the general way you are doing it.

Texas has a long hot rod tradition but these West Coast guys are still the heart and soul of it all.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

5. skratch

skratch

6. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Axle,

Sorry to hear about the situation. Good luck, man.

7. pigwilliams

pigwilliams

Vegas is Vegas, keep us informed of new parking lot....
    Always had a great time! Never saw a band....It's just about the car's
    And the girls.

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Wow, Just got back from the Primer Nationals and a banzai run to San Francisco.
    My brother Marky won "Best of Show" with his Purple People Eater. After the show was over he fired his car up and drove it off the grounds. What a spectacle! I loved it!

I just read all of your supportive posts (and PM's) and along with talking to literally hundreds of great people at the Primer Nats it really showed us what a tight net Hot Rod fraternity we really have here. Everybody stickin together and helpin one another out is such an awesome feeling.

We made an announcement on stage Saturday that the Shifters car show will go on and we guarantee that it will ! Rest assured it will be in or around the Las Vegas area. We now have 3 places to choose from.
    Primer Nationals & West Coast Kustoms are with us in full support and will stand beside us - shoulder to shoulder.

Although mainly a car show, we do plan on having a handful of rockin 50's & 60's style bands & great DJ's.

We're going to Vegas towards the end of the week and will announce the location when we return.

Again, Thanks for the kind words and so many people offering to help.

9. mackster

mackster

Although mainly a car show, we do plan on having a handful of rockin 50's & 60's style bands & great DJ's.

Axle, get Pachuco Jose Y los Diamantes 40's style jumping blues! He's a party in can and he never dissapoints! He brings his full set and two beautyful dancing girls! Just a thought. . . . :D

10. lolife

lolife

Bottom line, I still don't get why you have to spend $85 to a bunch of Carnies. What do you get for $85? A free drink? A blow job? what??

California Hot Rod Reunion is only $55, and you get to breathe nitro...

11. oso64

oso64

O.K. That was f'in funny!!!I needed that.as for the hot rod reunion comment, hell yeah, thats what i'm talkin about!!!Lets race baby!! -Jimmy-

12. One door closes, another one opens up, Axel. Good luck!

13. Mike

Mike

Good deal Alex, you know the Rattlers will be there.

14. Koops

Koops

Cars that shoulda never got through.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

15. Koops

Koops

16. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks Koops, We're on the same page...for the exception of the Ice cream truck. I've always let him in because he actually sells good ice cream and gives treats away to the kids. Plus, he brought the Cheech & Chongs "NICE DREAMS" ice cream truck out this year. The rest of that stuff...yep, I'm with ya !

17. OLLIN

OLLIN

NICE! thats my band...
    let us know.

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

And what have you done for the Hot Rod world in the past 15 years?
    Ow wait you were 10 when the shifters were building cars...So how could you talk shit? NOT ALL OF US HAVE THE WEST COAST ATTITUDE!!!

I see you have a 53 Chevy thats all taken apart...maybe you should stop
    the hate for the West Coast and get to work on your shit box.

I Love Texas i'm there every year and have allot of friends there and several fellow club members and I never talk shit about texas..the Whole
    "We don't care what they Do in Cali" attitude cracks me up because you
    should care...I've seen some scary ass rides in TX...

Even tho I have not attended Viva in several years cause the "Scene"
    I have to defend the West Coast and the Shifters!!!.

Good luck Axle we got your back...

P.S. I love Texas.

19. skratch

skratch

20. metalshapes

metalshapes

The Drama & Shit Talking needs to stop or this Thread is going away.

21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

hhahahahahahaaaa Nice...

22. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

that promoter is a jackass and has done this to everyone who has helped him get to where he is with this show.. what a greedy fucker.

Where ever you have the show. all the Mofos will be there to support y'all

& calling Skratch gay is like calling Slayer Christian rock...

23. S.F.

S.F.

WHAT THE HELL! now im going to throw the computer through the window and run head first into a running chainsaw.

24. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Guys, lets all calm down. I don't want this turned in to a shouting match then get removed.

Thanks Ryan !

25. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I think what needed to be said was said one post into this thread. :cool:

26. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

man i hope that show goes somewhere nice and not just goes away. I never went but loved the pictures people brought back here to the HAMB. Hopefully the OSR rust rods will be fewer but I cant complain there was allways so much nice stuff.

27. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

i don't hate the west coast....just the attitude that most have.
    i do care what they've done in Cali...because respectfully, i realize that's where "this all started".
    i dunno, maybe i've just had too many bad experiances with what i consider "west coast attitude"....that same attitude is here as well...kinda why i stay outta the "scene" stuff.
    but thats just me.

28. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

29. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

and, you're right, i shouldn't base it all on everyone. that's my bad.

30. skratch

skratch

sorry this thing spun off into a fashion show..i just couldn't stop myself..

can we talk about what bad ass show, we're going to have insted ?
    indoor show early sixties style ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.