Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dave Hill/American Rodder,damn pissy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blacktop Graffiti, Apr 25, 2004.

1. voneyeball

voneyeball
    Alliance Vendor

oh, and you misspelled "pussy"...

2. plan9

plan9

american rodder is for dorks with pastel shorts and tube socks..

3. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

"Now that offends me. Some magizine writers opinion about what he thinks the world of rodding should look like, doesn't.

The HAMB is about traditional cars weather they are painted or not. But unsafe IS NOT cool" That was a joke. Not a very funny joke but what the hell.

Oddly I did spell 'pissy' right but 'pussy' works just as well if not better!

4. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I'm in the "I don't give a shit what anybody, including Dave Hill, thinks about me or my cars" camp, but I will say I read his stuff in in Custom Rodder (I think) when he had the Stylelines column & got the distinct impression he was a pompous ass with a holier-than-thou attitude. He has his opinions & while they're just that, opinions, you're entitled to your own - no matter how wrong you might be!! [​IMG]

Does it really matter what he thinks?

[​IMG]

5. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Damn, I can't believe I even read this thread.

Hi Marty.

6. chopt50

chopt50
    BANNED

[ QUOTE ]
    Damn, I can't believe I even read this thread.

Hi Marty.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too
    [​IMG]

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

[ QUOTE ]
    american rodder is for dorks with pastel shorts and tube socks..

[/ QUOTE ]
    I thought tube socks were cool again.........although I haven't seen the "numbered" tube socks yet....I am looking for 76 in blue. [​IMG]

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I've never heard of Dave Hill, and he's probably never heard of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right...

Dave and the HAMB have a long history together. Who was it that printed up the "Kill Dave Hill" stickers?

The guy writes those kinds of articles to stir it up every now and then. He just can't seem to do it by legit means.... I mean, he is working for American Rodder now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought is was something about bowels or intestine removal....

9. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

All I can tell you is that when Dave Hill was the OG Photoshop guru back in the day he designed some ugly ass shit. I guess they were safe though because about the worst thing they could do to you is give you a paper cut.
    But credit where credit's due, it wasn't Dave Hill that conjured up that POS pictured above from VLV.
    I honestly thought I had a bad dream but now I realize that that car really exists.

That car is the main reason that psychobilly should never have been invented.

What the fuck was the dude thinking?

Is he serious?

Is there some sort of irony to this?

It's the fucking Red Elvises translated into a car.
    The serious music lover looks right through their bullshit schtick but the mainstream idiot claps his hand on cue.
    The uninformed observer will also look at that Maltesed Crossed to Death abortion with admiration, the serious hot rod afficianado will go "What the fuck?"

If that's a Caifornia built car then you fucks have got to apologize to Florida for putting us down, this you will not be able to undo for decades.

And this bitch will get magazine coverage.

10. Ok Randy, If that was a joke I forgive you [​IMG]

11. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

On one hand why should any of us care what anybody else thinks.

On the other hand, the only people who don't seem to care what other people think are those hairy-backed fat guys who insist on wearing a Speedo to the beach... and that's bad for everyone!

12. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

[ QUOTE ]
    On one hand why should any of us care what anybody else thinks.

On the other hand, the only people who don't seem to care what other people think are those hairy-backed fat guys who insist on wearing a Speedo to the beach... and that's bad for everyone!

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that guy! He was coming out of a Walmart (with a new garden hose) sporting a mesh half shirt, gold chains and gym shorts. sweet.

13. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you talkin to me?

14. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

Well I guess its ok that you two are readin this shit.......
    As long as you get those rides done for
    ROCK-A-WAY!.
    Hey Marty
    Hey Ben
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "OPOSSUM BENDERS"
    Central Mo Chapter

15. Which American Rodder does Mr. Hill's story appear?

The one with the Edelbrock roadster on it?
    Sam.

16. brewsir

brewsir

Years ago when Mr. Hill wrote for custom rodder...he went away from here with his tail between his legs.....that was about the same time he was cruisin Paso Robles in his custom .........VW. Also about the same time he was really bitching about primered vehicles....and how they need to be finished...Doesn't he still drive a primered sedan delivery with an extra pair of windows???

17. Sean

Sean

Yes, Brewsir. Last time I saw him in Paso he had his primered sedan in tow. Along with the Honda door handles and late model Ford 3 spoke wheels.....He left it parked on Spring street, guess he didn't want to pony-up the dough to actually be part of the show.

18. Last time I saw him "profilin" it was in a green Chevy Geo Metro Convertible with the top down! But I bet that's a car Dr.J LIKES!

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I can't believe I've just read this whole thread. And all along I've been proud of the fact that "I HAVE A LIFE". It's bad when you can fool yourself. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Frank

20. Jake H.

Jake H.

I remember reading an old Custom Rodder where Dave Hill nonchalantly dropped the fact that he drove a Geo convertible daily. Now who wants to worry about what he thinks is not cool?

21. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    Last time I saw him "profilin" it was in a green Chevy Geo Metro Convertible with the top down! But I bet that's a car Dr.J LIKES!

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer the blue. That's why I painted my truck 91 Geo Metro "Competition Blue" see at least they had a SENSE of HUMOR when they named the color! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And then there was the movie HERO named after the car too...Geo, in Matrix....

In a hundred years we won't even care about this rot. [​IMG]

At least it's not a PT Loser pretend-o-rod!

22. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Yea but with only 3 cylinders you can barely pretend to be in a car! [​IMG]

(note I own neither a Geo or a PT, and don't get me started on the SSR...)

23. Perhaps someone should explain,to him,that "Shiney" and "Safe" are not synonyms.

24. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

does anybody really give a flying f*!$ what Dave really thinks ???

-SAM

25. nekroman

nekroman

Let's stop crying because billy told you that you look silly in those pants.