Register now to get rid of these ads!

NSRA Kalamazoo, worth getting a swap spot?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kirk Hanning, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I know that the Kalamazoo NSRA meet is in the next couple weeks and am thinking about getting a swap spot. I've got the gentleman's phone # of who to call through the NSRA site.
    Before calling I wanted to get your input on wether it is worth the time and effort and if people actually come there to buy stuff. I know it sounds like a stupid question, but all of the local swaps there are more "window" shoppers and people who talk about what they are going to do.

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

I have always done very well at that swap meet, I haven't done it in the last 2 years, But I think I am going to bring a 33 Buick and some parts this year, unless plans chance.

3. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Depends on what you bring to sell. We go, and some do VERY well there, others take home everything they brought, because they had parts that appeal to a very small market and/or the prices were out of line.

I guess you could look at what moves on this board and others, and if you have similar parts, and similar prices you'll do well.

We will be there, see you guys then!

4. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Thanks for the previous comment. I did fail to mention as far as what I was going to bring. When I go to sell something I price it like I WANT to sell it. It actually ticks me off when people say "I've seen it go for $$$ on E-bay".

To me E-bay is a very UNrealistic view on the pricing of our hobby! I don't think it'll ruin our hobby, but it sure doesn't help.
    Just price out Harley Davidson stuff BEFORE and AFTER OCC aired.

5. phat rat

phat rat

Since 92 I've swapped there at least 10 times. If you have hot rod stuff and price it fair IT WILL SELL. I've always had good luck there. I will also be there this year selling. I had so much one year I had 5 spaces and when I left there I had a real wad of cash.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I always like shopping at the Kzoo swap meet

7. Y'all come by my space...I'll be having some free '32 Ford parts, first come, first serve.

Charlie

8. manacoem

manacoem

I have been going to Nats north since before K-ZOO when it was in Detroit.. I've got to tell you it gets bigger and better every year!!!
    I have never had any trouble buying or selling there.. Some of the best deals I have ever come across was at the Nats North.. Of course it is just like everywhere else.. Some guys think their stuff is worth much much more than it actually is., and the guy right next door to him is practically giving his away. Just ask a FAIR price and you won't have any trouble selling it!! This area is a hotbed of streetrodders... everywhere you go there is old cars and parts. If you don't have fun it's because you aren't trying.... Later Jerry (manacoem):D

9. jdubbya

jdubbya

Well Kirk, I promise you this... if you get a swap space, I will make sure to stop by and drink some of your beer.

10. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Joe-

Does that mean I outta have a keg on call!?!?