Register now to get rid of these ads!

? about suicide frontends

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shitbox2, Sep 1, 2007.

1. shitbox2

shitbox2

i was looking through speedway catolog and was wondering wich front end i should use the spring over frontend assembley or the spring behind assembly plus they come in 6 inch and 4 inch drops when i start building my frame i want 8 inches of ground clearence at all times is this gonna change the front end drastically .

any opinions should i run a stock a frontend ? any pics of porjects like this thanks alot eric

2. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Spring behind with a 6" drop puts you a LOT lower then you are looking for. It all depends on several factors. Wheel/tire height. Type/height of your crossmember. Is it suicide or double suicide? Axle drop. Spring over/behind. Spring arch. All these factors chime in.

3. butch27

butch27

I had to put a 1 inch spacer UNDER my spring perch because my car was so low.

4. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Butch makes a good point though, even though he hated doing it. If you put your crossmembers spring perch OVER the axle, you can always run spacers if you have to to raise the height.

5. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

if you want an 8" ride height at all times, i'd order the dana 44 front axle kit.

6. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Ouch.:D

7. evilone0528

evilone0528

I think there is a good thread floating around called "early ford chassi design" or somethin like that.It was started by a friend of mine,his screen name is Brian Angus,do a search for his name.All the info a guy could want.

EVIL

8. Neophyte

Neophyte

9. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

You could get a 6" drop spring behind and just run some 33" swampers on all 4 corners. Aside from the clearence jokes If your looking for that much clearence I would prolly run a 4" drop spring over with None Reversed eyes on the spring there not to low. You can always add a leaf if needed or a spacer like the others are saying. Theres always those axles out there that have like a 2" drop it all depends on what look your goin for also. Hell a stock model a axle would get you that clearence deffiently.

*s.r.i What is a double suicide??? Im freakin stumped by how this is possible please explain man that sounds like something I would like to use on my next build!!!!!