Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bo Huff Show in San Berdoo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SoCalCarCulture, Aug 27, 2007.

1. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but if it has sorry for the duplicate.

It's supposed to be an anti-Route 66 deal, details are on my Events page.

[​IMG]

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Why do show flyers never show what city they're in??

3. John Denich

John Denich

SO Bo Huff is against Route 66? and he lives in Utah, why does he not just stay in Utah why an Anti Route 66 show?

John

4. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I don't get it, what does "Anti Route 66" mean? It's a road, what is there to be against?

5. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

where does it say anything about anti route 66?

6. Crankhole

Crankhole

In the first post.

7. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

All I can see is 1st Annual Rt.66 Rockabilly Car Show, I don't see anything saying "ANTI" anything. Maybe you should check with Bo or his contacts and find out what it's all about?

8. Maybe you guys should go look at the rest of the flyer on my site.

The map & info is there!

The word is that it is an anti-Route 66 Cruise(a big local cruise in San Bernardino each year) - if you're not local to SoCal you probably won't get it!

9. OLLIN

OLLIN

the "route 66 rendesvous" show in san bernardino is ok, but its kinda cheesy. theres alot of muscle cars and '57 chevy billet rods. My friend Izzy mentioned wanting to throw a show that same day months ago, but he never follwed through. he was explaining to me how it would be a perfect day to have a show because there are lots of cool cars in town, but nothing to do. I might check it out..

10. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Who cares WHERE Bo Paint Huffer is ??

I think that all the Chrome Skull & Spider Web lovers already know where there Hero will be for the 'OL STOOL RODZ site.

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Tried to look on your site (SoCalCarCulture)for more info and warning came up that the file is damaged and can not be repaired.
    Possibly someone that knows Bo can contact him and post info on this show.

12. Shane T.

Shane T.

It must be the "ANTI" site because all I get is a black page.

13. you guys on dial-up?

14. Saubo Nasty

Saubo Nasty

Billetproof or bust!
    (same weekend)

15. Shane T.

Shane T.

Nope, 2 minutes of blackout.

16. What browser and what version of Acrobat Reader?

17. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Worked fine for me.:rolleyes:
    You need a PDF reader. It's a free download.
    Craig

18. Shane T.

Shane T.

You know us Southern boys(and by southern I don't mean southern california)don't have the latest version of anything. I'll get my updat and check it out later.
    Shane T.

19. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

Yeah the Route 66 show is lame, nothing but gold chainers and same old Chevelles, Muscle Cars are kool in their own right but they dont need a car show, you can see them anywhere! An anti would be killer if its has Early styled rods, and good music, no poodle skirts and cry baby dolls. Bo Huff has skills, just not always taste!:)

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'm not a rockabilly, so I'll be at BILLETPROOF!!!!

21. Chad s

Chad s

Thats too funny!

22. axle

axle
    from Drag City

The guy that is putting this show on came to my monthly show in July driving a 70's Caddy and wearing pink & turqoise shirts & shorts right outta the 80's. He asked me a bunch of questions like "What is Rockabilly music" ? and "I want to put on a Rat Rod show......know anyone who could help me" ?. he said he's hired the "best of the best" for his show.
    I told him that one of my car club members thought of the word "Rat Rod" and i could tell he didn't believe me.
    I asked if he was in to vintage cars and vintage music and he said "no".
    I understand Bo Huff will be guest of honor.

23. Muttley

Muttley

I'm sure all three people that show up will have a great time. There is only one show that weekend that matters and It's called Billetproof.

24. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

I'll be at this show..But I will also be hitting up the Route 66 concert area due to some good bands playing...The problem with Route 66 is they are doing this to capitalize...Not only are all the businesses making a lot more cash,but so is the city,in insane amounts..Registration is around $60 for just a cruizing pass,no parking on the route,and $80 per car if you want a reserved parking spot on the cruise route (Limited To 1,900 Entries this year),not to mention vendore pay exhorbant amounts to set up a booth...Estimated attendance is over 500,000 over a three day period...Looks like capitalizing on something that used to be free

No primer spots allowed,car must be solid one color primer,or painted..Also,no lowriders allowed(they decide what constitutes a lowrider)

Here's the reg sheet with info..
    http://www.route-66.org/VehicleReg_Info_Sheet.pdf

I've seen many cars get damaged at this,due to high pedestrian traffic and this being in the ghetto of San Bernardino...Rather be at the Bo Huff show..

25. While I might not agree with the style of some of his builds, Bo Huff's a pretty nice feller. Some of the hate for him seems rude and pointless to me. If I don't get me Olds to where I want to drive all the way to Anti-ock, I might go to the Bo Huff deal. My car ain't streetrodderish enough for Root 66 Rendevoo.

26. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

There is no Hate for Bo Huffer :rolleyes: ..... Just dont buy into the whole Skull & Spider web Goth~a~Billy crap that goes along with him & his Teen age Crew that follows him around..... Or the fact that so many people act as if he Invented Hot Rodding.

Actually the cars ive seen that he has done are kinda Silly :p

27. eric

eric

i say BilletProof. san bernardinos close enough to where i've already seen most of those cars at one car show or another. now Billetproof is far enough to where i can see some new tin, and who doesn't enjoy a nice roadtrip!???:D

28. No, Bo HUff isnt against Route 66.

Route 66 is a big show in San Berdoo that the city puts on. Back in the day, the "Over the hill Gang" started the show to raise money for charity. It really exploded and the city saw the revenue it could generate. So, long story short, they took it.

The kicker is, the show is a huge BOYD flashy type car show. Gold Chainers, PT Crusers, New and old Corvettes, Prowlers and the such. The worst thing is cars that enter the show cannot be multi-colored or rusty. Basically, your not invited if your car looks like your working on it. I have boycotted the show for many years.

Thus the name: Anit-Route 66 show. My buddy's friend is putting this on and has some cool give aways and trophies. I also heard that they might be giving away a 50 chevy truck that was chopped and customized (done) in the 50's away at the event. Its a project now, but its a solid truck. (I almost bought it myself.)

It should be a huge event since most coming are participating to show thier outrage to the Route 66 show. The "theme" of the show is to get the "Traditional" and Customs in one place. The Outcast few.

Who wants to pay $80 to cruise your car to see it overhead because the line doesnt move. Its dumb.

29. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Route 66 is a road not a show, Its what my brothers and I cruise on our way to New mexico, and i dont know why rockabilly and traditional hotrods are always thrown together.. i'm just gonna drive my ride down to the beach and have a good time. yup.