Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nacho's Bare Metal 35' In the new Rodders Journal...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mpls|cafe|racer, Aug 18, 2007.

1. roddinron

roddinron

it was just a suggestion :eek:---------

2. But a bobbed fender is shortened. :D

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Neat to look at and a showcase of nice skills... why label it folks? Everything doesn't fit nice and clean into perfect little categories.

4. TERPU

TERPU

AMEN!

Tim

5. DrJ

DrJ

That's the first thing I noticed while waiting in line at Border's to buy the rag.
    Then I paged through from the front and laughed a bit the way they edited the stories so that this Roth monster shirt style cartoon raked "truck" followed the Newt artwork story with a bunch of similarly exagerated jokerods.

What I want to know is if a '36 Chevy really did come with a dash board (per the pic caption) that looked just like (is?) the same one in my '40 GMC?

Bobtailed truck? ok
    Chopper Truck. Mo-betta accurate

A Bobber is a motorcycle, not a bedless truck.
    A Merc is a Mercury, not a Mercedes.
    A Deuce is a '32 Ford, not a No-va.
    A Bobber truck, if it followed what a Bobber cycle is, would be a something like a full bedded but hoodless and fenderless highboy truck, with no frame or suspension mods at all, because that would make it a "Chopper Truck"

The Dore Skylark is BITCHIN!
    Love the console with the "grill bar" down the middle.

6. racemad55

racemad55

Isn't Mark Morton the one who calls that style of build "cartoon" cars? Not my choice for the cover!

7. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Agreed that thing don't always.... still doesn't mean that catagories aren't valid, or necessary.

Slayer is NOT the same catagory of music as Brittney Spears. Sure, they're both music(Well, it's arguable that B.S. isn't. haha), but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't have speed metal and pop music categories.

Same thing here.

There's a very good reason that there is a build style that's know as a Traditional hot rod. Because there's a whole slew of cars and trucks that were built in that style for decades, and they rule.

This pickup may have been built in the "spirit" of those vehicles (DIY, work done at home, made of traditional parts.) but that doesn't mean that it's a traditional styled hot rod.

I was mearly pointing out that I think that there is gonna be a revolution of these kinds of rods that are built as a rolling showcase of fabrication and workmanship skills before showcasing fancy paint and cool tires. :cool:

8. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

bad-ass, the craftsmanship is top notch.

Look at the amount of work, not to mention all the rare parts.

Who cares if everyone doesnt like it either. You dont have to drive it.

To put that much of work and dedication into a project isn't something just ANYONE can do.

I guess I gotta work on my car nazi skills more.

9. hatch

hatch
    from house

FACT....the definition of this truck...or label of this truck is, and always will be..."Rodders Journal Cover Shot".....nothing else needs to be said, or discussed.

10. JamesG

JamesG

Well said. Neither do people either.

11. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

FACT: That post was obnoxious. :rolleyes:

If you don't feel the need for discussion feel free to NOT post in this thread.

12. I was able to see the truck up close and love it!! It's a true work of art and badass ride. Nacho.....Thanks for bringing it to the 2011 LARS. I have a message for the haters.
    [​IMG]

13. Muttley

Muttley

My opinion hasnt changed, its still pretty [​IMG] looking.

14. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Funny you would revise a thread that is exactly four years old just to show a pic of the owner throwing the bird. You can see by my avatar that I actually like fenderless trucks, but I agree this one probably shouldn't have been in TRJ. It doesnt even make an effort to resemble a truck, but goes for the wow factor. WIth that being said the craftmanship is top notch. I hope with the skills I am developing on my fenderless build thay my next ride will be equally as nice as his, although I will be aiming for much more "era specific' on my next one.

15. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

its hot rods like this that keep things interesting and fun, you my friend
    are a true craftsman.

16. Just fyi.....that's not the owner. Its just a guy who likes the truck

17. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Oh, well if that's the case, that would make a classy Christmas card to send your friends.:cool:

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Don't feel bad, Muttley hates my stuff too. He said my '35 look like a cross between Elmo and a turd he squeezed out after some bad mexican food. :D

19. Smokey2

Smokey2

Opinion:
    One Zebra to Another, "Is we White?, Wid Black stripes ??, Or Black Wid' White Stripes ?
    Anwser: We is what we is !
    No matter what you call IT ! It's different, and I Like It !

20. NOTCH

NOTCH

let me shine in and tell ya guys what I feel on people's opinions on my truck... you like, Cool. If you dont like it, pound sand.
    and the SoCal open house was a blast, good times
    Cheers. Notch

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

It's prolly been said on here at least 200,000 times..."Build it your way."

Obviously Notch has done that...and then again, there's always those that have to point out it isn't the way they'd build it.

R-