Register now to get rid of these ads!

360 Wheelie!!!!!

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by sentinelT, Aug 27, 2007.

1. sentinelT

sentinelT

This may have been asked elsewhere, but tell me someone got that on video and can post it!!!!!

I was so involved in my Frito Pie I missed it!

Please, someone hook up everyone who had their backs turned!!!!!

2. mmm, Fritopie and too much beer.........................

3. SHRUM

SHRUM

That frito pie was damn good. 360 was good too!

4. Rusty

Rusty

5. phat rat

phat rat

Well! Post it! I didn't see it either

6. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

I would like to see it. I was back at the trailer getting a bottle of water and missed the whole thing.
    Thanks,
    CRAB

7. sentinelT

sentinelT

Posted on the main board--Zorba's ghost....

Not as impressive as everyone else said it was, still freakin cool though...

8. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Things happen very fast in very fast cars. WATCH my video frame by frame and tell me there wasnt ALOT happening in that 2 or three secconds. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204608

9. sentinelT

sentinelT

Didn't mean to knock ya...

10. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I probably would have shit my pants!!
    It was way cooler from that vantage point than the pit side of the track!!:eek:

11. Hey.....did you get a new avatar????:confused: :p :D VERY apropriate ;)

btw, you're my new hero. :)

12. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I visited with Carl on the phone this morning. He saw it from the tower and I watched it from the staging lane entrance. I thought I saw the car do a 360. From the video I saw, taken from the bleachers, I wonder if it did make a complete 360. It all happened real fast. Carl said it was almost the wildest thing he has seen and he has seen a lot.

John

13. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

i bet he'll get a real pair of slicks for the next time. those radir slicks are just for looks. impressive though, and real lucky he didn't hit anything.

14. weim55

weim55

This year was our 1st HAMB Drags. Once we got through the gate and got a feel for the scene I said to my son.... "they otta have a Biggest Balls for the Event trophy 'cause we're gonna see some serious horsepower vs traction wars.

That blown small block digger sounded killer. The throttle response was instant and obviously running REALLY good in the horsepower department. Ridin' the rocket for sure. Explosive power on the throttle.

Too cool..............

I saw the whole thing from the stands close up. It all happened so fast in the tire smoke I couldn't tell with my old eyes what the hell happened. My son caught the 360 with his eyes.

Unreal.....................

I'm speculating here. but this was the guys 3rd run of the day that I saw. It seemed like they were still sorting things out and getting a little cleaner and bolder with each run. That 360 run was clutch out throttle hard. That's the most action in about 150 feet that I have ever seen at dragstrip. My hats off to the pilot..............You done good!

And I just gotta say it again......... hands down that blown small block was THE best, cleanest sounding horsepower at the event. Thumbs up the wrench and tuner. Hope to see ya again next year...

Steve weim55 Colorado

15. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

I didnt take it that way. Just making my point. I know what you mean though. A few years ago while we were racing at Ozark International in Springfield, I saw a funny car crash. Damn it was crazy lookin. And we were all talkin about it. Then when the vedeo came out , I thought" that looked alot worse tahn that in person".

Brian

16. I was sitting at the bottom of one of the bleachers on the "spec side". The little bleachers aren't far from the track, 10 maybe 20 feet from the rail, so I was probably pretty close to where the camerman was. Unfortunately, there was a lady coming back to sit down and she was somewhat blocking my view. I heard the engine singing, and was trying to look past this lady. The first thing I saw was the front wheels about 3 feet in the air- that really got my attention! I caught most of the 360- it was amazing. If I had to go by memory, I would've said it was at full throttle during the whole 360. I'm glad it didn't hit anything. Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that the video does not do it justice!

On the 360 run, was the throttle linkage a part of the problem? I'd like to hear what happened, if you know, because I'd like to better understand.

Thanks,
    Kurt

17. 427L88

427L88

Nice ride Brian, Mark J. told me about it on Sunday and now I just watched it on here... I wish I would have gone now.. Mark

18. It WAS more exciting in real time. Hell, I shit my pants and I was only changing the batteries in my camera at the time. :D

Must've been a wild ride.

19. All I know is, I'm glad I wasn't drivin'. good job of keeping it in the middle of the track. Wild ride.

20. RacerRick

RacerRick

I got it on tape also. I was in the burnout area and all you can see is tire smoke, then the front wheels above it! He had those suckers high!

After I get done sorting through all the footage, I will post it.

21. arkracing

arkracing

I have a spec side video of it as well - I'm having trouble getting it sorted out etc. I actually have about 45min of racing footage of all different runs. I would like to get them posted or get it to someone who knows what the heck they are doing to get it posted.

If you can help me out please PM me.

I was able to "capture" it to windows media whatever....but can't figure out how to make individual clips and get them posted to youtube or whatever.

Wait - I think I got it:
    ok well I can't get it to imbed but here is the link:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ST6N2yFN35E

22. taht is the best vid yet!

23. arkracing

arkracing

Thanks - I tried.

Funny thing was, I was sitting there like "ehh I'm not going to video it this time - nothings going to happen" then I said to myself "you better get this cause it's going to be sweet"

24. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Hell Yeah that wheelie into a doughnut was awesome!!!

I saw it from Plowboy's truck and we were both like "Oh Shit!!!"

Soon as I talked to the pilot of the dragster first thing he said was " You still want one of these!?!"

HELL YEAH! I WANT ONE!! HAHA!!!

25. Right on mike! I am honored you got to be the last person I talked to as we left Joplin. Good to see you again!

26. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Little Mike is a bad ass mofo!!!