Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 Roadster for a grand?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by houseofhotrods, Aug 15, 2007.

1. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

Nice find...
    Starting off cheap is what you need to do.
    As we all want to drive these cars...not flip them...right?

2. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

awesome guys!.........

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

no wonder you look like smeegle from lord of the rings... get some sunlight on ya pastey ass! :p

PS... dont cut your wrists man... i wouldnt have no one to pick on friday night :D

look me up for sure friday, or better yet thursday night if you're commin up early. i got something for you my friend

4. user232345

user232345

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

AHRF should document and interview the family, IMO. How many african American hot rodders were there in the late '40s? Not that many that I am aware of at least. I think it kicks ass, and it's story and that of the owner/builder needs to be told.

6. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

Raced a pre-war duece at El Mirage that he built back in "the" day. .

yeah probably needs enlightenend by all of us posers. . . :confused:

7. I am thrilled that someone actually paid a good price for one of these cars. I have always thought the price of '32 fords was absolutely ridiculous (I know, supply and deman-whatever). Good luck with the car, it appears to have gone to a very deserving owner.

8. Haha ..I was thinking the same thing. I feel sick after all this. Whatta score ..Just awesome.

9. 1929rats

1929rats

This is probally the most insane, unreal, un-FUCKING REAL, best story Ive heard all year.....I cannot $%^&* believe it!

WTF!

all the good shits in CA....

I still cant believe it, but read the posts and ebay feed back.

....just amazing. I think Im gonna get sick...

10. After reading this thread, it was nice to see something good happen to someone who really deserved it. I don't feel the least bit jealous of him now knowing that the car couldn't have gone to a better home. Good luck Beppi, Glynis and Steven on your new role in the history of this neat old car. And I thought there weren't anymore good deals on Ebay. A truly amazing story and an act of god!!

11. Dyce

Dyce

You said it all there Jerry. I was sick about missing something like that but when you here the story and know more about the new owners wow!! God was at work...
    Jeff

12. Absolutely - someone must know who this guy was.

13. V7

V7

I couldn't be happier for the buyer.The temptation for all of us (myself included)is to say "why don't I ever find a deal like that ?"Take a few minutes and think about all of the deals that you have found over the years .Maybe not 32 roadsters for a $1000,but killer deals none the less.The prices on a lot of vintage tin has escalated beyond the means of a lot of deserving do it yourself hot rodders .Its refreshing to see a deal like this where it wasn't just all about money.Congratulations to the buyer !!!

14. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I wonder how many people are going to give the seller hell for the rest of his life for letting a deuce go that cheap. If it was my friend who sold it, I'd tell him every single day... "dude, you're a fuckin idiot" then I'd start laughing.
    Good to see it went to some deserving folks.

15. Firecracker

Firecracker

if he really got it for that price he is one lucky sum bitch

16. 1fast32pistone

1fast32pistone

The man (Ray) that sold us the car is 83 yrs old.

17. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Obviously he doesn't have ANY friends that care about '32 Roadsters or it would have NEVER made it to e-bay.

18. Lighten up boys!! This was meant to be. If any of you ever get to 83 years of age you'll recognize there is something else coming at you very soon and the '32 roadster or the money won't mean a hell of lot to you anymore!

Stogy likes this.
  19. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

You can't take it with you and at 83, you better not plan on a 30 year mortgage on a mansion from all of your old stash.

Congrats to BP and the whole Pistone clan. Looks like you might think about selling that 3W to work on this one!

Stogy likes this.
  20. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Looks like it might has an Auburn windscreen & dash

21. 1fast32pistone

1fast32pistone

WE DONT THINK SO.WE'VE HAD THE 3W FOR QUITE AWHILE & THE DREAM CONTINUES !

22. LUSK

LUSK

I would love to see some photos of this car from back in the day! Are there any?

Stogy likes this.
  23. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it is a TF (though it is running pressed steel wheels which is rare as everyone converts them to wires)

great find all together.

24. This dude who scored he 32 MUISt live right - Unbelievable luck. Talk about being in the right place at the right time !!

That has to be one of the nastiest scores I ever seen on the HAMB !!

Get it runiing, safe and leave it as it is inc the windscreen, last driven/parked in 1949, youd be NUTS to change it.

Rat

Stogy likes this.
  25. I just cut my nuts off . . . then stepped on them . . . :D

26. Chopped26

Chopped26

27. Cruiser

Cruiser

houseofhotrods,

Some people just live under a lucky star and other make their luck. :confused: Which is this one, its hard to say.

CRUISER:cool:

28. Impala65

Impala65
    from Brazil

A friend here in Brasil have this same look. At few years he buy a 32 roadster original in another city and are restoring here in our city, Brasília. He is doing a Hot Rod !

29. big robbowski

big robbowski

I am glad that it turned out okay, I have been watching this thread and I thought that it was a scam for sure! Congrats!

30. I first met BP on e*** having sold him parts for his 3 window and subsequently buying from him. I am on his email list, along with alot of others, for pictures from various car shows and garages. I am glad he scored the roadster and is going to put it back on the road. Keep those letters and postcards coming!! HB32 aka [email protected]

Stogy likes this.