Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone around Spokane WA Know a Dan King?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toast, Aug 9, 2007.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

The world won't be using gasoline anymore when you finally get the headers!

2. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I was kinda wantin em a month or so ago, when I remembered where they go.

3. LUSK

LUSK

Some times thing come out differnt on the other side of an email .Maybe he does not have good email skills? Let's close this thread and move on.

4. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

He had good email skills when he wanted me to pay! You move on!

5. John Denich

John Denich

yup!!!!

And once the 90 days are up!!! Ebay will not do a thing for you!!! and then your fucked out of the money....the worst part is the guy with the headers came on here and acted like a dick, and you still dont have your parts!!!

John

6. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Amen brother! Time it is a waistin!

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Nope! no mention of that at all. I have seen other stuff on ebay listed that way as well. At least then you know what to expect and if you don't want to wait you don't bid.

8. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I agree, a little customer service goes a long way. Not much in the way of customer service here though!

9. JimSibley

JimSibley

Were your headers a custom order, or were they just the ones he had listed? I know he gets a lot of work from people seeing his headers and asking for some changes? By the way, what are you building? Got any pics? Im just curious.

10. Any luck getting your headers? Seems like an awful long time waiting...and this business of building them after you buy? Bullshit.

quote "hi,
    dan king here, i have always taken care of my obligations and right now I have other sets of headers to get out as well. You might think that you are the only one who ordered them off of me but you arent. I am doing them in order and doing my best to get them out. I have told all of my customers that they will be out as soon as possible and everyone has been cool about it. well except for you. you will get your headers so calm down. call me 619-278-1578.
    thanks, Dan" quote

What a dick.

His attitude on here was pretty pathetic as well - guaranteed if you as the buyer were dragging your feet paying he would be pissed or just not want to deal with you yet he thinks he can act that way?

I think a refund is in order so you can spend your money with someone who will actually supply you with a product.

What's his ebay name - I'll be sure not to deal with him...

Steve

11. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Industry standard (and if I'm not mistaken...which I may be) federal trade law states that you are not aloud to charge someone for something unless it goes out the sellers door....

Plus seeing as this guy is on fle-bay it may be a "business" that really isnt a declared business and the IRS need to be tipped off about the illegal income that this bloke aint paying taxes on....(verify my info first tho eh?)

I aint a dick....usually..unless someone really asks for it...and this guy seems to have a large F U sign out for his buyers....maybe its time the tables were turned...

12. Sounds like Dan King found a way to USE other peoples money for a month before he "manages to get to your order". Its a rare line of work, not everyone can be a total ass and get away with it, talented or not. We should follow Dan's advice and "calm down" after all its only been 17 days - V8 pipes - at one pipe every 2 days they should be done any day now.

s.

13. TMoney

TMoney

Dan is a good guy. Maybe he shouldn't list stuff unless it's made but if you guys honestly believe no one else builds as things are sold you are stupid.
    It happens probably more often than not with things like this that aren't just bought from a supplier for resale. Can we close this damn thread already?
    My two cents may not be worth a damn but, there it is.

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

As of today I don't think 28oakland has gotten his headers still!!! and he was promised, even after this thread was started, and then promised again... Still doesn't have em!

15. Why is it I don't know this guy??? I thought I knew everyone in this town.

16. TMoney

TMoney

It's the place where josh had the "Hillyard Hootenany."

17. TMoney

TMoney

What would you honestly want with that?

Oh, I see. You want to talk nice to him over the internet? Gotta love those internet tough guys!!!

18. Oooooooh that guy. He seemed like a nice guy to me, but I know that don't mean dick.

19. TMoney

TMoney

He's cool. Gotta lot of shit goin on in his life right now.

20. Chopped26

Chopped26

I would also like to see a link to the headers . Are they zoomies ??

21. JimSibley

JimSibley

His ebay is dansfabrication, I have known Dan for like 8 years. i really like the guy. He is kinda young, and he does have a lot going on. When I owned Dirt brothers bmx he was a part time worker for me. One time he took a load of stuff to a contest and sold it. After that i didnt see him for like a month, but when he showed back up he gave me every cent for the stuff he sold for me. My point being, he may not have the best business ethics but i am pretty sure he wouldnt intentionally screw anyone. I called Dan and asked him if he would like me to come over and help catch him up with the orders, and he told me he was pretty much all done. This was like 10 days ago, so Im kinda stumped on what is goin on. Lets hope he finished them a week ago and they will show up in the customers hands in the morning.

22. O/T but maybe you guys could use it.

Tricks your eyes play on your mind at 4:00 AM, #704:

Title of this thread appears to be: "Anyone around Spokane WA know a Damn Thing??"

23. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Here is a link to the auction. Doesn't say anything about having to build them. And I emailed him during the auction and he answered my question right away and didn't mention a 2 MONTH waiting period then either. Also his feedback is still 100% and guys that bought his other headers say they got them right away. So I guess its just ME he want to Screw! Yea, he is a nice guy! We should close this thread and leave him alone. BULL!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=320131730676&rd=1

24. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

He received my payment on July 9th. I paid with Postal MO. He is not even giving Lame excuses anymore, just doesn't return or answer calls or emails, and he hasn't been on here much either!

25. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

He's been on here since Jan and only posted 3 times and one of them was on this thread. Not too much contribution to the HAMB so far?:confused:

26. old beet

old beet

If ya can't say somthin nice...........I won't say nothin.........OLDBEET

27. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Well, Dan called me today and assured me that they were done, boxed, and being shipped today! said he would email me a tracking NO#. Hopefully this will be my last post on this thread! Thanks again to all that have helped!!!

28. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Please make one more post... When they're received.

29. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I will let everyone know when they arrive! Thanks again
    28oakland

30. 5window

5window

Thanks to the Internet,we're a long way from the days when a man shook your hand on a deal and then kept his word. Pretty sad state of affairs. I hope your headers arrive and are absolutely flawless. Keep us posted.