Register now to get rid of these ads!

63 riviera wheel problem...spacers? help?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oddrodgarage, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Ordered wheels for my 63 rivi and they finally came in and alas the wheels that I was told would fit don't have enough clearance for the dust cap on the bearing...if we machine the wheels there isn't enough material left for the wheels to be strong enough for the rivi which is a heavy ride...has anybody solved a similar problem...appreciate any help/suggestions as the wheels would like killer on there and I am dying to get this mother on the street...thanks

2. Johnnyboys65

Johnnyboys65
    from Antioch,Ca

I did the same thing to my wheels on my 1963 rivi, but I was running chrome reverse baby moons with shanon cones, what I did is I had my wheels centers machined out and never had a problem with them and I drove it as my dailey driver..............

3. luckystiff

luckystiff

run a spacer. i forget what size we used on the wildcat. 1/4 maybe. it's not very thick....ken....

4. not enough material for my wheel centers to be machined and still be safe...

5. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

'63 were 5 on 5 correct?

And you are talking the grease cap that covers the end of the spindle, correct?

I just went out and looked at my '65 Rivi and can't see where there would ever be a wheel problem like you describe.

I'm running the 17" american Salt Flats and the hub hole is 3 1/8" as you can see by the pics there is room to spare on either side of the hub.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps.

6. ray

ray
    from colorado

how about you post pictures of the wheels in question, ostensibly so we can evaluate the fitment problem...but really to tell you how ugly 22" spinners will look!:D