Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '60 F100 Project Pics (progress!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DirtyTace, Aug 23, 2007.

1. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Here's a little update on my P'up project. This may not be the most traditional ride out there but I bought it to practice on and eventually sell to fund my Model A roadster. I learned a ton so far and I'm having a blast. Isn't that what it's all about?

I installed a Mustang tank, C-notched the frame in the rear, replumbed the brake lines, replaced sections of the floor and remounted the body. I couldn't live with the single jar master cylinder so I replaced it with a '68 mustang unit. I'm sticking with drums for now and am awaiting shipment of some mono springs for the front. The rear has already been flipped. I mounted a bench seat from a mid-80's ford and I guess I'll stick with the stock steering for now but the gimongus steering wheel has got to go! (any suggestions?)Things are moving along smoothly considering I've had it for less than a year.

The last pick is what I started with.

Future plans are a deep blue paint, medium blue and white interior, stock steelies with 10" trim rings and bullets and maybe thin white walls. I also threw in a shot of my refreshed Y-block. Dig it and feel free to offer pointers.

Attached Files:

2. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Looks great! Keep posting on the progress. My next project is going to be a late 50's or early 60's Ford truck to use as a parts hauler. I'm diggin' the engine. The valve covers are schweet!

3. usedall9

usedall9

What master cylinder is that?
    Looks great buy the way, good job.

4. usedall9

usedall9

I just read the post completely, sorry for the dumbass queation!

5. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

No problem. It was a pretty easy install. The original master used four bolts and the '68 Mustang unit only used two. I fabbed up an adapter plate out of 1/8" steel, weld two 3/8's nuts on the back for the mustang master and bolted it all up. Pretty simple. This dual pot master is apparently the answer for any 4 wheel drum set-up.

6. usedall9

usedall9

Did you install a proportioning valve?

7. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Not needed with a 4 wheel drum set up. The master has an internal residual valve or so I'm told.

8. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

lookin good....just got my `58 yesterday...

9. tikinailhead

tikinailhead

lookin very good. i've got a 59 f100 that i hope to be on the road soon.

10. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Thanks, guys. I'm suprised at how many '57 - '60's there are out there.

I'd have to say the '60 front end is my least favorite - I'd love to get a '57 front clip - I love the hood and single headlight treatment on those. As of now, I'm kinda at a loss of what to do with it. I'm shaving the bumper off and working over some new grill options.

11. eviljake

eviljake
    from Austin, TX

Looking real good man.

12. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I really like the "SQUARE" F100s I've had at one time the other all '57 thru '60.
    Here's a couple shots of some what I've owned.
    LOOKING GOOD!

Attached Files:

13. a totota 4x4 power steering box and some disc brakes will make the cruizing that much better. cool project!

14. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

55 Dude, I agree but I may leave that up to the next owner. They are pretty easy and inexpensive mods but I am sticking to a tight budget. If I fall into a deal I might do it. The brakes have been rebuilt and I'm working on the steering right now.

15. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

16. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

Looks good so far. I am running drums on mine, and have no problems. They will fade a little when I drive it too hard, but that is expected. You should be fine with everything new or rebuilt. Good luck and have fun with it.

17. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

JCruz - I was digging your truck, hopefully you sold it to another Hamber so we can see it finished.

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. It encourages me to keep plugging away.

18. upzndownz

upzndownz

i'm doing a 60 myself in the process of bigblockin it 429/c6

what year stang tank is that?

Attached Files:

19. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

It's a '70, 22 gal Tank. It fits inside the frame rails with some mild trimming of the bottom frame-rail. Of course you'll have to make the crossmember removable if you ever want to take the tank out. I can give you more details and pics if you want.

20. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Here's my '60 Effie, sadly it's now a 4 by 6 block, in a scrap yard. Didn't have the time or money to get her back in shape. But it lived a hard life. I'm puttin' the 6cyl in a model a though! good luck with your truck ,looks bitchin' ! same color as mine too

[​IMG]

21. Looks good - I still think that engine looks great! Continue to keep us posted.

22. xtralow 60

xtralow 60
    from houston

here is a few more pics.

Attached Files:

23. eviljake

eviljake
    from Austin, TX

Here is the current state mine is in. I would love to hear some opinions on my new direction with the bed and front bumper.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

I personally would've gone with a flat sided for bed insted of a chevy bed, but hell it's different. What's the bumper from?

25. eviljake

eviljake
    from Austin, TX

'58 chevy truck

26. T-Roy

T-Roy

This pic was posted here in another thread, but I dig this style of effie. Love the 58 grill the best...

[​IMG]

-Troy

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  27. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Dirty, Loving the truck. Here is my 57 that I just did. I figure it too will someday finance my model A. Later, Bill
    [​IMG]

28. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

im digging the 60, nice work
    heres my 58
    its almost done

Attached Files:

29. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Lodaddyo - I've been following your build - excellent color choice. Did you get the glass back in? If so, how'd that go?

Novatattoo - We need more pics of yours. I love the stance. Did you go with lowered springs, axle, or both? Give us some more details.

I'm hoping to get the engine in soon. I'm waiting for my mono springs but they were on backorder so I might just drop the engine in to get it out of the way. I can't wait to see that Pontiac Blue against the black firewall. Should be sweet.

30. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

thanks man'
    no glass yet, ordered my windshield.waited almost 3 weeks
    got a call on friday,, they broke the damn thing taking it off the truck!
    i was pissed, now i have to wait another 3 weeks