Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ////////// Early Friday Art Show \\\\\\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John "MASK" Maschke, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok, so im new to this board, but truth is, im outta town tomorrow and the rest of the weekend, and i duno if someone officially starts the friday art shows or not, but i wanted to post some art before i go away fro the weekend...

so..umm..hope this is ok?

heres my MONSTER TIKI!!!!

[​IMG]

AND HERES MY FIRST RAT FINK PAINTING.......ITS GOING ON MY DESK AT WORK RIGHT BEDIS MY GIRLFRIEND AND DOG....IM A BUSINESS ANALYST FOR THE BANK..HHAHAHA

[​IMG]

2. I know it's early but I've gotta get to work...so..............

REV IT UP AND GO...

I call it "Le's Dance!"

[​IMG]

Here's one I promised a promising young artist I'd post but hadn't gotten to it 'til now... Jordon is a class mate of, and best mate of, Matthew (my son; you've seen his work, too.)

[​IMG]

3. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

so nice to see this. always love the friday art show. if nothing else i try to at least check it out every week. not sure i have anything else to add that i did'nt post real late last week. got a cool sacred heart tattoo idea i'm workin on for myself. not done yet though. workin on da color. i F'n love the friday art show!!!!

4. cool stuff jigger! here is a promo card I'm working on:

[​IMG]

it's still in progress.

5. KCsledz

KCsledz

Sweet nate! Sorry I did not comment on it through the PM. But great stuff!

Here is mine. Available at the drags. They are all about 19" x 25". All hand cut linoleum and hand pulled prints on my new showcard press.

Gasser Wagon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

7. wonhunglo

wonhunglo
    from HD

8. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Jigger, man... you and I must ride the same wavelength some days... Diggin' your work again this week (your stuff has movement, character, and what I'm reeferring to as the "DAAAAAMN.... Effect".) Tell Jordan I dig his work, too!
    nate, that's awesome!
    KCSledz, as always, your stuff rocks.
    DIRTYDAG, amazing work!
    ...as I said earlier, same basic page as Jigger this week, only I saw a bowtie, versus his blue oval.... whipped up a version of a car that's been haunting my dreams since grammar school:
    [​IMG]

...and the other end:
    [​IMG]

9. customcory

customcory

Is it Friday again?, Jigger, its nice to see them youngins pickin up something other than a video game, wonderful. I got one more thing if I can get it done in time, but for now here is one for MoparBruce and his project he is planning out. I couldn't resist a challenge. Its a 37 Dodge sedan, with a Desoto hemi, Model A wheels. Bend the grille out of tubing and add your favorite shift knob at the bottom. Change it every week if you want too! I imagined it on its madien voyage doing a burnout for somebody's YouTube viewing pleasure. Yes , its flat black.:D More later.

Dsc00661.jpg

Dsc00664.jpg

Dsc00660.jpg

10. stomper

stomper
    from SLC

It's not quite Friday yet "officially anyway" and already this thread is starting off to be another breathtaking art display.

I wish I had an illustration for this week but all I got is a photo from the salt.

Great work everyone! Can't wait to see what else shows up.

[​IMG]

11. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

65 Chevy C-10 Glovebox Door..

[​IMG]

- detail

[​IMG]

- Joe

12. Thanks Nate and Brian. Nice stuffs by all, I'd say. Killer coupe CustomCory.

Here's one more I did in the last hour (didn't I say I had to work?) so 2 sketches in one morning's enough for now. my theme this week is in honor of the H.A.M.B. Drags. Run 'em hard guys and gals!!!

"Caught Ya Lookin" seems an appropriate name for this piece.

Hope the text isn't lost on ya. War's no joke and I so appreciate the scrifice of those who serve. God Bless 'em!!!

[​IMG]

14. eye bone

eye bone

Cool! We got most of the bases covered already! Sketches, Screens, Logo's, Illustration, Hot Rod Monster Art, Pinstripe's… Good stuff as usual guys.

So now we need some Airbrush… Here's my latest jacket for a customer. I know it's not a hot rod or kustom, I'd rather spend my energy painting pictures of slammed, multi carbed, flathead powered, rusty, model-A coupes any day of the week. But the guy's who drive those cars never hire me to paint jackets for em… so!!!?? I was a founding member of the "Road Zombies" And came up with their name, their Logo, and their Plaque design, so you know were my heart really lives.

Once you put up that shingle, you can't always turn stuff down. The guy's a nice guy, and had the cash. Plus he did a good job restoring this truck. So… And one thing about shinny paint… reflections! And one thing about airbrush… they were made to render reflections all day long. That's his buddy’s 38 Chevy coupe reflected in the paint.

Hey Tingler! You’ve been kinda’ silent recently. I dig your stuff, Where you at?

Attached Files:

15. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Well I didn't have any new stuff to contribute so in the last 15 min or so
    I did this little drawing. Sorry for no recent contributions lately I've been out of state
    for the last 3 weeks. I'll get something going for next week though now that I'm back.

BR

Attached Files:

16. KCsledz

KCsledz

Dirtydag - sweet stuff
    FlyingP - always loving the stuff. Got a sweet spot for the tri-5's.

17. Robin B

Robin B
    from Finland

Started working on some new panel-art. Not finished but you get the picture. 1 shot on copper flaked bottom.

[​IMG]

18. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

robin, thats killer work right there

19. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Robin.... that kicks ass!!!
    I definitely get the picture! Fantastic!
    Cory, very cool concept!
    ...and Jigger, I'll add to the weirdness: I had originally thrown Moon eyes on the lower frront fender, and lettered the upper fender to say "Tuned by Dirty Dave". Freakin' weird.
    Thanks for the kind words, KC!

20. meteor

meteor

Everyone, great work!!!

Here's a '39 olds, incomplete but I wanted to post something this week.

[​IMG]

21. TINGLER

TINGLER

Robin B.

....holy shit.

:eek:

(all I got to say)

Not much from me lately. Here are a few small ones I just sold.
    I like doing these little paintings and selling them for a fair price......I get a kick out of thinking that all these paintings are going places I'll likely never be.

The first one is called DOPER TIKI. Seems like all my tikis have been getting hooked on dope lately. They're all becoming idols of self destruction. They all smoke or drink or take drugs in some way.....and I'm afraid they are only going to get worse. ;)

[​IMG]

"Rotten Sea Monkey"

Another little fun painting.

[​IMG]

22. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

That's just YOUR subconscious trying to TELL you something.........;)

Great start all!!!!

23. zombie

zombie

great show this week fellers. jigger, i really dig the vette. pollack, way cool 56. cory, i like the "tweaker detail". robin, tingler great stuff. heres a slightly modified 61 desoto.

zombie

[​IMG]

24. Zombie! Dang bro!!!

And RobinB, sorry for not mentioning it but that painting... out of control, buddy! Nice, nice work.

25. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

If ya missed it last week, here's that pinewood derby car i built last week for the race ...wasn't a winner though:(

[​IMG]

also the new Independent "30th anniversary" t-shirt finally finished of a pen drawing i did awhile back that i posted on another thread:)

[​IMG]

Great start everyone, inspired as usual!
    Stay blessed.
    CAB

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Flyingpolock your stuff is so buttery smooth. Is your stuff done all in illustrator? I am really digging your work. As for the rest of you HAMBERS....as usual everything is top notch.

27. stan292

stan292

Hey everybody -

Just a shout-out to say a big thanks to all of you guys who sent artwork for the upcoming silent auction at the HAMB Drags. Your response was overwhelming. What amazing talent (and generosity!) we have here!

I've got all the stuff mounted on sturdy cardboard and will have each piece individually displayed. Also, I attached business cards if you sent them, and will have the extras readily available.

Watch for photos of this year's auction site when I get back from MoKan.

P.S. Your names have already been tossed into the "Big Sounds" drawing, and I'll get your "Donor" pins in the mail next week.

28. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Robin,

(in my best Joe Dirt voice)

Daaaaang.

29. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Kidney belt for riding

Attached Files:

• belt.jpg
      belt.jpg