Register now to get rid of these ads!

few pics from eastern states nationals CT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brown n down, Aug 20, 2007.

1. brown n down

brown n down

2. brown n down

brown n down

3. brown n down

brown n down

4. brown n down

brown n down

i just wish that chevy pickup wasn't orange

5. Good job with the pics. I was there on Saturday with my car. I think it was a great show.

I am however a little bothered by the lack of attendance from the local rod community. I would think guys would really come out and support a cool event like this that we are lucky enough to have right in our back yard.

6. john56h

john56h

Nice pics.....thanks

7. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

good photos, thanks. I'm loving that '57 ford!

8. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I was there all weekend. Even won an award for my car... However I wouldn't go back next year. $40 registration fee for a whole lot of nothing. The was only 440 cars total. When the show was at the Big E they had 2,500 cars. The whole set-up of the show was poorly done and for christ sakes the DJ played the same songs over and over again. Not to mention the huge amount of plastic cars. That is the reason people arent coming out to this show.

Matt

9. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I agree- where the heck was everyone? This show could have easily sported 3000+ cars with the space at the fairgrounds.

Oh- and the comment from Matt about being 2500 cars at the Big -E...Sorry! -never had that many cars - the most we have had was about 1700. And the Big E gave the RC such hassles it isnt ever worth doing any kind of car show there in Springfield again. When soemone give preference to a damn dog show over car people who spend $, something isnt right!

Local guys: If you didnt go- what kept you away?Cost? Location? Didnt know it was going on?

A car show is what you make it- not every show can be a rip roaring drunk, rockabilly swinging ,tattoo clad, Betty filled weekend. Its appreciation for every type of ride out there that keeps the hobby going .

Yeah there was plastic, but there were also some really nice steel rides out there as you can see by the pics that were taken. (Really nice ones by the way!) I had a great time because it wasnt so hectic. I could relax and enjoy talking with people and seeing the cars- which is why we have car shows- for the cars first right? I saw the quality of the cars way up too- hardly any beaters or crapboxes. everyone there seemed to take pride in what they owned.

Something for everyone. Ive been to a bunch of car shows over the years and some have changed drastically from where they began because the people attending brought friends and so on and so on- building it into a totally different show.

The Right Coast works really hard at putting shows on but needs to hear from people about what YOU want. Dont hesitate to contact them to give your feedback. Thats how shows get better.
    Email them at: [email protected]

The Summer Knights do a show at the same location and get 700+ cars for a one day with no music or vendors- so whats up CT/MA? Just too much going on?

10. love that chopped nomad not a fan of the tailgate art though.

11. THECHICK

THECHICK

Creepy won the radical ride fun trophy at the show... I loved that thing.. Tailgate art is cool if thats what he likes...

Still do wish more people came out for the show- it was really a good time.
    Loved the new roof color on the mIlltown truck.

12. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

You said it. If that thing was powder blue or seafoam green it wound be amazing.

13. Jimv

Jimv

If ya saw it in person you'd change your mind, its really perfect
    JimV

14. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

I know that Orange truck,its really nice.

15. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

"Local guys: If you didnt go- what kept you away?Cost? Location? Didnt know it was going on?

A car show is what you make it- not every show can be a rip roaring drunk, rockabilly swinging ,tattoo clad, Betty filled weekend. Its appreciation for every type of ride out there that keeps the hobby going ."

Cost is one factor, to spend $40 to get into a show with no intention of looking for a trophy is high. Even if it is in my back yard. Why would I spend the dough to park my car there for others to look at and have it cost me that much???
    The other factor (possibly more important to me) is that after going to so many shows for so long, another show with more cars that don't interest me than cars that do interest me doesn't sound too appealing.
    What make the 'Rockabilly' shows more entertaining to me is that there is a larger percentage of cars that I am interested in at those shows. I can certainly appreciate a clean well thought out car no matter what 'era/style' the build is, but that doesn't make me want to spend a weekend looking at them. Sort of like music or art, if it isn't your style, it isn't your style.

16. THECHICK

THECHICK

Ewww... if it was 1985 and I was Don Johnson maybe:p.... Not crazy on THAT tone of orange but it really looked great on the truck. Its a nice job.

17. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I like the Orange pick-up. Probably because it's NOT Powder Blue,Red, or Seafoam green....

18. Misfit

Misfit
    from Upstate NY

Thats too bad there was a poor turnout. I liked the Big E better and after going last year to the new venue, I decided I probably wouldn't go this year. I like the right coast and try to support them, but I have to look out for me too.

19. Jimv

Jimv

$40 is way too much for 1 day!!
    JimV

20. CruZer

CruZer

Even though it was bigger last year,I had a good time as usual at the show. Our club has the biggest turn out of members because it is only 100 miles away from home and we party all weekend.
    The lack of vendors, lousy music and lack of entertainment was a downer, but I'll go back next year,just to drink Margarita's with my friends and check out the cool Connecticut cars that I never see anywhere else.Plus I had my car striped and won $25. Right Coast does need to address the $20 one day entry fee. If they did it on Saturday,I think they'd get a bigger crowd.

Oh, and I heard there was a show is Groton,Ct on Sunday that was pretty big.
    The Big E show was bigger ,but it wasn't better. The people that run the fairgrounds there are snobs and difficult to deal with.

21. Jimv

Jimv

These are all things worth checking into.Its the location & price that determin a show!
    It seems as thought this show has had a couple of differant places?? correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this the 2nd or 3rd local?
    From your statement you could have hung around someones yard & had just as good of a time.
    we really nned some good shows in the Ct- NE. area.Wish this one would pick up.
    JimV
    jimV

22. CruZer

CruZer

"From your statement you could have hung around someones yard & had just as good of a time."

You don't to see all the great cars that showed up hanging around someone's back yard !!! :)