Register now to get rid of these ads!

Caddy Guys... My hearse took a dump....429 Help!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jonnycola, Jun 29, 2004.

1. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

ive got a 429 im working on and was searching for some guys that knew their stuff. try www.cadillacpower.com,this forum has a ton of info and sources for the old caddy big blocks.you need to enter your specific site for info.

2. eltiberius

eltiberius

You say it was raining? Before you throw that motor away, check for water in your gas.
    I bought a 59 coupe de ville for $350 from a woman that thought she had blown up the motor. The seals in the trunk leaked, the gasket around the sending unit was compromised, (that's where the water from the trunk pooled up), the result was water in the tank. Cheapest fix for a dead car I've ever had...Your symptoms sound like those of the 59.

3. For those even later to the party, the OP put a Chevy motor in the car 2 years ago, some FNG idiot revived a thread from 2004. Probably just typed in Caddy 429 into google and got a link to the thread, or something equally as dumb. I'd suggest he post an intro or go to the classified, but if they can't even look at the 2004 dates on every post, I don't know that it's worth the bother.

4. richard lechner

richard lechner
    from Ct

What bellhousing do I use to get my 429 caddy (67) to fit to a tremic 5 spd?

5. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

The critical bit of info for me is not too much gunk in it, if you had any gunk in it, thats not good, I would say you oil starved your cam and melted down a lobe, if so you need to do a total rebuild, I would pull the valve covers and plugs and rotate the crank, see if all your rockers are moving up and down. I did this to an old Poncho, sounds exactly the same. Sorry.

6. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Start a new thread with your question. Tagging onto a thread started in 2004 with a barely related question isn't going to get you very far.

7. Andy Juelich

Andy Juelich

Say if you guys were wondering what ever happened to this car thought i'd let you all know I bought this car from Johnny last summer and i'm just about to finishing it up, hopefully in the next few months. If you want to check it out just look at my album.

I find it amusing that this thread just wont die....

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  8. It's a hearse thread, it's never meant to die! I was laughing hard, looking at the dates on this! And, I just added to the insanity. Gotta love it.