Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nacho's Bare Metal 35' In the new Rodders Journal...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mpls|cafe|racer, Aug 18, 2007.

1. JoeG

JoeG

Just like most fine art, the better pieces are discussed and debated more often than not. I can appreciate the time and thought that went into an artisans creation. This truck is interesting and controversial to many of us and for that reason alone I think TRJ made a good choice.

2. 53chevy

53chevy

Wow! pretty strong words on a Hot Rod that had some thought into it. This is not a "build a Hot Rod a one week" type. It has an "Aesthetic" feel. I could see it running at a Drag strip in Socal during the mid 50's. Why can't people just take a car and maybe, just maybe, get ideas for theirs. I'm assuming folks here have some insight of what was built in the 50's or 60's. Yeah every Hot Rod was a 32 something model back then. It's amazing what you see in say Car Craft, Hot Rod, Rod and Custom, Annuals, etc back then, yeah it's History, without it, no Hot Rods or Customs to guide us.

Ken

3. sinner13

sinner13
    from Buffalo NY

It's like art, not everybody is going to like what you created.

Personally, I think it's cool as shit, congrats Nacho, beautiful machine you built.

4. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

Just goes to prove a point.

That truck is now certifiable as art.

Nice work Mr. Nacho.

5. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Just like art, not everybody is gonna care about their artistic opinion or criticism either.

It actually takes more energy and is very draining to vent out your frustration/anger and criticize someone else's work in a negative way ...than to "lift that person up" and praise them for all the hard work put into his or her project or dream.

I can just imagine someone coming up to me and telling me that whatever i built, designed or created- sucked, was stupid, ugly and a P.O.C. :(

That would probably make me feel upset inside:( ...but the proper thing would be just to "let it go" and not stress out that someone else doesn't approve.

what happens is when people do this to us, our natural reaction is to get back at that person (revenge), negative remarks towards us leave deep scars which, overtime, causes bitterness and hatred within our hearts. Any wound kept inside left un-healed overtime is just waiting for the right moment to release this negative energy onto someone else!

hence, lashing out and bashing other peoples art, for no reason, except for giving "a negative opinion" ... in which holds no positive value what so-ever.

6. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Then it's settled... it's an art car. haha...

I'm going to have to to pickup that issue of TRJ to see more pix. The more I look at it the more I like it.

- Joe

7. johnnykck

johnnykck

Phil, you said it best, some folks been drinkin' to much haterade!!

8. 390kid

390kid

its a fabricators show case, and this guys got some serious skill. just by pushing the envelope it inspires me to try harder as if every builder was gonna see what i built up on a rack or maybe one day back to bare metal. i know there are a lot guys out there that wont let you see their work in bare metal. big props

9. mushmouth

mushmouth
    from Minnesota

If all this hub bub was over a car that I just got done building I would be so pumped. My whole attitude about the car I'm building is I want people to absolutly love it or tottaly hate it. Hope nacho is reading this and laughing.

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

!hehhehe,,sorry for laughing,,but their is so much said with that statement:D

,,kinda the same as "HIP HOP hasn't been the same since Puff Daddy fell off of that motorcycle" :D

and CAB,,,you are so right,,,i admit,,,i am guilty of that ,,,,,,SMILING takes less muscles than frowning,,,,,

besides,,i like those "RUDY/BOBBER trucks!"..so much i decided to play around with these two!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Sam,

What ever happened to that '35/'36 truck? It was an engine, trans, & windshield from done as far as I'm concerned.

JH

12. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Good to see someone finally finding a use for all the old 2 ton Farm truck and fire truck cabs that are out there...
    Save the pickups, Rudy/Bobber/? a grain truck!

13. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

I always liked the "street rodder" articles
    with the baremetal pics spread then the finished car spread the next page.
    I still think "Rodders Journal" sunk a little showcasing an incomplete ride.
    TP
    Rumor has it that Nacho's got a new shop to keep that thing from rusting.
    Hopefully he can sling enough Tiki-stuff to get it done!

14. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

agreed.

15. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

ps......good job on the truck so far nacho. It is definitely worthy of a cover.

16. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

I like it. I wouldn't do it exactly the same way but if I saw Nacho in that truck in the parking lot of PepBoys or wherever, I would tell him 'Hey man, that's badass'. If I saw james hetfield in the parking lot with his buick i would ask him if there was a 350/350 in it. ya dig?

17. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

Harrison,i think it is still in Flordia ,, i would love to have finished and kept it,but at the time i had gotten it to that point,,i had lost my job ,bills were pilling up and i needed the cash..:(

18. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Like I said before, I disagree. It's not built out of junk. It's built out of expensive parts really....

I think what you MEAN to say is that it's built in the spirit of traditional hot rods... which is D.I.Y. spirit.... but that doesn't make it a "traditional style hot rod".

If that were the case then ANY pre 60's home made car would be a traditional hot rod. :rolleyes:

19. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

nacho is a great guy. he's got top notch fab/build skills and he's got a good eye. he's an artist that can build what he sees in his head. nacho understands tradition, and puts his own personality and heart into it-- which is a root of tradition.

the ones that call this a "rat rod"-- thanks for making me laugh at your joke.

-scott noteboom

20. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

I agree with kiwi kev. This is a 2007 hot rod. This vehicle inspires me to strive for this kind of attention to detail on my next hot rod project.
    As for traditional..... dig out your little pages guys, study the features,and articles.
    They were never this low, they were almost always painted. Only a small percentage had this kind of attention to detail. Most old hot rods were daily drivers and were used as such.
    This is what a BIG DADDY ROTH car would have been like if BD was building in the 40's instead of the 60's.
    My $.02. (The traditional rods that I remember from my youth were built by boyd. I wish I could forget. todays are much cooler.)

21. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

This truck is art. If you are talking shit about it, let us know what you think after you make it in the RJ.

22. LUSK

LUSK

A stripped down motorcycle is calleded a bobber Why? the same reason this truck is called a bobber. cuz I say so! BITCHEN!

23. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

In the immortal words of Brian Posehn[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]:

"You're gaytarded."

24. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

To me being a traditional hotrod would be anything that keeps it real. Using what was available to the extent of everyting you can... Styling, form, and function. Thats what keeps it real.

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I like the truck a lot, but the fact thast TRR flipped the neg is inexcusable, if it were some shit mag like ** Sk*** **** I'd understand, but this is the bible and it's the damn cover too.

Y'all tighten up that ship, it ain't the first time you fucked up.

26. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

You don't get my point... I'm referring to "traditional hot rod" as a BUILD STYLE... not an idealogy.

27. mushmouth

mushmouth
    from Minnesota

Motorcycles and cars are like apples and oranges. They don't compare. A stipped down car built for speed was never called a "bobber". Ever.

28. roddinron

roddinron

I think that in this case the reason they refer to trucks as "bobbers" is because they're shortened, or "bobbed". As I recall, that was the main reason bikes were called bobbers "back in the day" as well, the fenders were cut way down, shortened, or bobbed.
    But, I think there needs to be a different term applied to them, if nothing more than just saying a "bobbed truck" instead of a bobber. After all, bikers didn't invent the term bobbed, they did alter it to bobber however, and it's part of our terminology now, to apply it to another type of vehicle at this point would only confuse things.
    When we chop a coupe, we don't call it a chopper, we call it a chopped coupe, sooooo, a truck that has been shortened or bobbed is a bobbed truck.

I DO HEREBY PROCLAIM THAT FROM THIS DAY FORWARD, THOSE TRUCKS PREVIOUSLY REFERRED TO AS BOBBERS, SHALL NOW BE NAMED, CALLED, AND REFERRED TO AS BOBBED TRUCKS!;)

Now can we please put this argument to rest, it's getting a little stale.

29. racemad55

racemad55

The ackerman principal should be explained in an upcomming issue, this is a good example of what not to do!

30. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

hahaha

I caught that today and wondered if anyone else would notice.

Seeing as it's not a driver *yet* I would assume that he just hasn't gotten around to doing anything about it maybe?

As for the term "bobbed trucks" I think that it well.... sucks.

Wouldn't it make more sense to call it what it really is. A "modified pickup"? I mean, isn't that what it is? Lift the cab off it and you've got a pretty cool start for a modified, minus a body.

That's what I'm basing my 34' on anyhow.... a modified, but running a pickup cab instead of a roadster body.

And this truck is shortened.... bobbers aren't shortened, they just have shit removed. BIG difference.