Register now to get rid of these ads!

Suicide doors on a tri-five sedan?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by talisman, Aug 19, 2007.

1. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

Haven't seen this done. Anyone have any pictures, specificlly looking for info on a 57. Been around for 50 years, SOMEone has to have done this to one of them. I'd love to see some detail shots if anyone has any.

2. i personally dont think it looks all that great, but then again i have seen a few 55's with suicides, lowered, primed all that jazz that were pretty bitchin' i'll see what i have in my pictures and get back to ya

3. Friend of mine did it on his '57 show car.
    Unfortunately,his site is down.

4. If it's a 4 door, you could put suicide doors on the rear and Lamborghini style doors on the front.

5. DrJ

DrJ

Or weld the two doors together and to the roof and cut the doors into the roof and make them gullwing doors like a Mercedes 300SL

Or hinge part of them at the bottom and have it open down like the step-door on a private Jet...

6. MattB

MattB

PLEASE don't do that Eric...

7. Appleseed

Appleseed

Or smash yourself in the face with the front or rear door untill they all look like the're opening backwards. Or untill untill you just don't care anymore.

Lil' Billy likes this.
  8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I put suicide doors in the same catagory as "lambogini doors", backwards opening trunk lids, pickup beds that lift and spin, cars that hop 6 feet off the ground but don't even have a motor, fish tanks in the glove box, engraved gold plating, disco balls hanging from the headliner and other custom atrocities.

got a 57? build a gasser!

9. I'd waste my time, money, energy and the earth's resources doing something more constructive like putting Mercedes style Gull-Wing opening doors on it..

10. Chuck R

Chuck R

11. KCsledz

KCsledz

Sure. It's the next big craze!

12. Ahhhh,Don't do that!
    Just save that money and get yerself a set of them there :D Billet doors......Polish those up real nice and win trophies.....:rolleyes:

Doing this would be kinda like puttin a mustache on GeorgeWashington on your dollar bills...
    You can do it but it really dont make it worth any more.....

13. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

I didn't start cutting yet, I was just looking for some visuals. Whats "wrong" with suiciding just the rear doors on a Sedan? Plenty of other vintage cars have it from the factory.

14. Well,now I should apologize for thinking you meant the frt doors on a 2 dr sedan....:D
    But it did not say as much....So....

But-I have a point of concern you may want to consider -IF- you go ahead and do the ;) "suiciding"....

I think that the main concern would be that there is NO reinforcement in that rear post above the wheel opeing to speak of....it would need to be beefed up to hold the doors weight for sure....
    Also the narrow placement of the hinges due to reduced post height might weaken the installation some...just a couple of things to consider....your call.

15. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

Ah, I getcha. I wasn't even thinking about 2 door sedans. Ya, that would be hideous.

It's just something I'm casually kicking around. It ain't easy making a 4 door cool, but it's what I've got to work with and I like the car, so...

16. Talisman, I think there's a small return in cool for the investment in time and effort. It's a 4 door. Drop it a little and paint up cool and look for a 2 door car.
    Just my 2 centavos

17. Appleseed

Appleseed

I wasn,t trying to be a dick. (Well, not that big of a dick.) I'd just shave the handles. Can't be as much work as a suicide door. With no handles, they won't know how many doors it has at first glance anyway.

18. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

Everyone always tells me to look for a two door...

19. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

Why try and hide something that is plainly obvious? Wouldn't it be cooler to try and celebrate what the car actually IS, and make it unique in the process? Kinda thought that's what it was all about.

20. Wellllllllllll, if you're celebrating it's 4 doorness, that's a different thing. Carry on, my wayward son...

21. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

:D