Register now to get rid of these ads!

What happened to the Tulsa Plymouth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ole Pork, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Just about the finest smell in the world.. cept maybe for dead pussy.

2. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I tried to purchase the car. My intention was to pick up Boyd and DUane and have them meet Foose at Jimmi Shine's place and rebuild the car.
    It would make a great show,Duane could run to O'riellys ( See I found a job he could do ) Foose could draw a custom 4 toned paint job, and Jimmi could stand around and say " what have I got myself into"
    Boyd could plan a day away from the shop at the nudie bar and when they arrive they would find out Boyds X -wife was the only dancer,and Jimmi Shine could say " what have I got myself into".
    Later Foose could do a prank phone call to the dead owners 93 year old aunt telling her they were policemen ,and Jimmi Shine could say "what have I got myself into"
    When the car was finished the 93 year old aunt would be brought to a racetrack and forced to put up the pink slip in a three out of five race with Ashley Force. And Jimmi Shine could say " what have I got myself into"

Coming to a cable channel near you!!!

Yep I think it will be a hit with the 7 to 11 year old grade school dropout market.

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

And then they'll make Jesse James the mayor of Tulsa and he'll have 4 days to gather a team together to make it into a parade float with a rolling death match cage staring Corey Feldman and Axle Rose or they won't get the Husky tools presented by Tony Stewart who will then have to fight Jeff Gordan to be in 'the Race to the Finish.'

The follow up show will have Michael Vick as a guest star on "The Dog Whisperer."

EDTv comes to life...

4. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

5. Big Dad

Big Dad

That shit is funny right there

6. turdytoo

turdytoo

Maybe Por15 will buy it for a demo on the Home Shopping Channel.

7. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

park it on some grassland...with a few potted trees around and some HAMBer will "discover it" take a cell phone pic ,post it up here and ask..it is saveble? ,how much should I offer the 99 year old widow owner?, will it look oK on wide whites with red rims,? how do i install a flat head in there? .Does any one have pics of finished one...? in it Kool?.......then it may get saved...praise the lord .

8. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

shhhh...hear that ?
    it's quietly rusting as we speak

9. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Assuming what is written is correct about the museum guy offering $200,000 for it, what would it be worth if it was still in showroom condition? Probably about the same.

If it was mine, it would be an easy decision on what to do with it. Take the money and invest it in cars till it was all gone.

10. sawzall

sawzall

can you confirm that the dodge is infact at east tulsa dodge now?

I'll be in tulsa tuesday.

11. tstclr

tstclr

12. Bgoodman

Bgoodman

13. Bugman

Bugman

14. Unless I read it wrong (and I re-read it about 5 times) this months "Automobile" magazine stated that Boyd Coddington had been contracted by the city of Tulsa to restore it for it's new owner. I just read it this morning in fact.

15. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

and just when i thought it couldn't look shittier.

16. Rodmania

Rodmania
    from Norway

let's hope it's a bad joke...

17. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Theres a `57? Plymouth that has been sitting in a front yard in Lemont,IL since what looks like 1957 and I think it looks nicer.....

18. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

ohhh noooooo i can see it now=( everything shaved off the dash, 350 350, billet razor looking wheels with 1 inch tires, some sort of high gloss hideous color and some tan interior! UGGHHH NOOOOO someone please kidnap the car and keep it away.

19. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

This seems pointless. The value and intruique about the car is the story and how it came out of the vault. Remove that and it's just another restored '57 Plymouth.

20. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

I got to see that car in Tulsa while working there for 29 days. I would just leave it like it is...darn that Boyd for breaking the vent windows to get the windows to roll down. He is a Clown...:p

21. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

Yeah there were a ton of 57'S :D

22. squirrel

squirrel

and those of us who went to Tulsa saw enough restored 57 plymouths to last a lifetime :)

btw, interesting coverage in HRM this month....

23. noboD

noboD

The latest Old Cars Weekly says the car has NOT been awarded to the new owner yet. He's the one that supposedly has agreed to let this Co. "preserve" the '57. I'm afraid if they remove the rust there won't be anything left to hold up the paint.

24. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

id like to see it just cleaned, rust and all.

25. moefuzz

moefuzz

BOYD; "Well we'll just skin both sides with bondo and paint it up cherry. Should be worth 3 or 4 million, after all this is the City of Tulsa that's paying for my expert work"....
    "Oh and make sure you don't forget to charge em good for the window I broke trying to get into it"...

:(

26. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Personally, seems an insult to those that placed it to leave it as-is

They really went to some extreme lengths to preserve that car, even if those methods failed. Leaving it as-is honors the failure. Restoring it to the car they envisioned rolling out of the vault in 50 years honors their efforts.

but letting a hack like Boyd/american hotrod near it ensures it'll be a total POS in 25 years, even with museum treatment. Hopefully it decides to crush that bald jackass Duane against the steering wheel, Christine style.

27. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

And they will have only 3 weeks to get it finished why Dwayne pisses off at least 3 new guys who quit and take parts with them or hide stuff. Then they will try to bring Roy back to life with some voodoo spell only to have him bitch slap Boyd and Dwayne and go back to being dead.

28. Yelton57

Yelton57
    BANNED

I want to get ahold of that car and swapp it onto a running but crust 57 plymouth chassis and drive it the way it looks right now, it would be a could addition to my arsenal of rusty 57 turds.