Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does a HAMBer Own a Chopped Olds called "Old Flame"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by damnfingers, Aug 17, 2007.

1. damnfingers

damnfingers

I was coming home from work this afternoon on Hwy 49 in Gulfport, MS and saw a beautifully chopped Oldsmobile with Texas license plates. The car was black and on the back had a tasteful drawing of flames and the name "Olds Flame". As I pulled along side the car I gave the driver a 'thumbs up' and he waved...believe he had a reddish white beard but can't be sure. The front of the car was covered in red/yellow flames - it was beautiful.

If anyone knows the car and has photos of it I'd appreciate getting another view of it.

TIA

2. damnfingers

damnfingers

BTT one time for the night shift, please...

3. Oldmobiles were made from 1898 to 2004, I think. Maybe you should narrow it down for the folks, huh?

4. damnfingers

damnfingers

Early 50's I'd guess...but I'd also think that chopped with flames and "Olds Flame" on the trunk lid would have narrowed it down a bit...or was did that come on all of 'em from 1898 to 2004 also?

5. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

that Was Me! I WAS HEADED TO THE RAT ROD ROCKABILLY RUMBLE....I Was Waving Because I Was Running Out Of Gas~!

It Was 45 Minutes Before Some One Stopped To Help Me~!!! ThaNks Again FOR NUTHIN!!!

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

....,,and I Dont Have Any Pics To Post Right Now Cuz I'm Sitting In A Hotel Room Cuz No One Stopped To Help Me!!!!!

7. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

It would narrow it down, and does, but people are pricks for no reason.

8. damnfingers

damnfingers

Sam F...if that was you you had to be blind...you were right between two gas stations when I saw you...but damn, if I'd only known!

9. Could it have been a '57? Maybe it's Bonge's car. I think he lives in Austin these days.

Why are New Joisey guys so damned uptight? ReeeeeLax, man.

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

YEAH,,,THAT WAS'NT A THUMBS UP THOUGH......IT WAS THE UNIVERSAL HITCH HICKING SIGN I WAS GIVIN YOU!!!@@@@@@

11. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Totally "brah"... :rolleyes:

12. damnfingers

damnfingers

I gave you the thumbs up...you waved....at least get your story straight....geesh.

13. Sam, the universal hitch hiking sign is to lift your skirt or pants leg. No wonder you don't catch any rides.

14. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

NOW YOU TELL ME!:D

15. It's the traditional way to flag down the truckers, Sam.

I wonder why uNiOnViLlEhAuNt thinks the guy in the Olds is a prick. Did I miss something?

16. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i always thought it was the BMW guys that were the pricks?????

..you know the whole ' whats the difference thing....':D

17. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Because these Cali guys think they wrote the book and are God's gift to the hotrod and custom "scene."

18. chuck fahr

chuck fahr
    from s.w. wis.

Chilli Phill, take a pill. Narrow it down? How manny Olds do you see with a paint job like that? Oh yea maybe it was that 1898.DA

19. What? You think we didn't? You think we aren't? What? What?

20. irpeachykeenn

irpeachykeenn

no ur right cali people didnt write the book they did it hands on and got the jersey guys to write about it:D dont get so shook just pokin some fun

21. irpeachykeenn

irpeachykeenn

if anyone does have pictures of it i want to see i love olds its somethin u dont see everyday
    .....and it was the cali girls that were gods gift to the hotrod and custom scene

22. Lost in all the anti California blab was my suggestion that it might have been Steve Bonge's '57 Olds. It's chopped, black with flames and very beautiful. He drives that thing all over the damned country, so that's why I think it might've been his. I don't think he posts on the HAMB. I don't remember seeing anything writen on the back, but that doesn't mean it's not. So, what say you, Damnedfingers? Was it a '57, done taildragger style?

Ain't it just like them goddamn Cali boys to drag a fun, pissing match back on topic?

23. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

No, not lost in blab, you talk shit. I don't see so whats confusing.

24. irpeachykeenn

irpeachykeenn

anyways......kinda still on subject i want to see custom olds does anybody have pics maybe even of the one were all "SOPPOSED" to be talkin about i never really seen any highly customized 53-56 olds chooped especially is there a reason for it?

p.s. ssshhhhhhh its all gonna be ok

25. I'm not confused, asshat. I know I talk shit. You're an irresistable target. You have a little bitty, tender ego. It's a flaw of mine and I know I should seek professional help. Will you be my sponsor at Shit Talkers Annonymous? If you're not a member, you should be.

26. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Would love to see pictures if you can get them

27. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Wow. You're corny.

28. damnfingers

damnfingers

Chili, no, it was older, probably around 1950. The rear end was shaved, and had frenched Cadillac (?) tail lights. The front grill was also modified - maybe a 50's Buick grille. We were in stop and go traffic and I had to try to look and drive without causing an accident so it's hard to give a real good description.

29. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Was it a fastback? Kind of cheesey flames? Not too good of a black paint job? There was one on the consignment lot here in Conroe a couple of weeks back like I described. Pretty neat ole car. TP

30. buick 58

buick 58

im confused i thought the guy already posted and said it was him. oh yea 2 pages later and still no pics DAMN