Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any bands wanna be on the hamb drags video soundtrack?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

I don't plan on using all music, gotta have some real racing sounds....but if you don't mind being famous ....and If you don't mind donating your bands music.......post it here.

Thanks

Root
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

BTW, if it helps, I will buy the cd of your band first.

3. Wasko

Wasko

4. synthsis

synthsis

I'm not in a band but you can't go wrong with The Dynotones.

5. kid berzerker

kid berzerker

6. Just because I'm sort of an musically opinionated sort, I think you should use very little music and feature engine music, interviews and the sound of clanking wrenches. I'll still want a copy, even if I have to use the Mute button a lot. But a racing video needs punk rock like a fish needs a bicycle.

7. kid berzerker

kid berzerker

uuhhh....even though i just suggested my band, i think i have to agree with chili phil. Although the punk rock scene has been involved with the "traditional" hot rod scene for quite some time...i don't think a lot of people would get the "marriage" of the two....which pisses me off because it seems to be "A-ok" to include all these goofy "psychobilly" bands.......

8. I'm glad you understand what I meant, Kid Berserker. And I don't really mean to single Punk out. I love music in my boulevard cruiser, but at the races, I like all the ambient sounds of the track. And the smells too. It's too bad we can't have the smell of Nitro and high test gasoline on the video. If music MUST be featured, it should be instrumentals so as not to be distracting.

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm hoping to just overlay some of it as background music, not the main theme.

10. Well. Then make sure you toss in some fast, hot pickin' by Flatt & Scruggs. Especially when the HAMBsters run.

11. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I too can't stand it when I watch a video and they blast some band I've never heard of over the engine sounds. And yes, I am old enough to remember punk rock in the 70s(I just don't care for most of it).
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

12. High School Caesar Sucks!!!

13. Roothawg

Roothawg

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

15. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

16. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

we do suck, but if you want to use some of our stuff we would would love it.
    bubba

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

Shoot yeah I would Bubba.......

18. wfopossum

wfopossum

How about some F'n A-hole tunes, we have songs about cars,whiskey,beer,sex,etc. check it out.

19. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

The GIlligans are good, very good.

20. Instrumentals also work because I want to show the video to my grandkids. I hate the idea of having to censor a racing video.

21. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope