Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where would you sell this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Aug 17, 2007.

1. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Ok Guys this piece took me a while to do and is very heavy. I would like to know that it is out in the world for others to enjoy. But my problem is that I am not sure even where to try and put this thing up for sale. If anyone can help me with some thing I really appreciate it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 50Fraud

50Fraud

That's a very cool thing. I particularly like the hair.

How are you intending that it be mounted/hung/displayed?

3. Mockie

Mockie

sorry, hate to say, but you forgot the nipples.
    Try Craigslist for starters, it's Free.

4. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Yeah this is intended to be hung on a wall

5. hahahahhaa, damn nice work, but no nipples, how the hell you expect to milk that biatch with no nipples?

w/o nipples how much is she?
    with nipples?

6. mr. dick

mr. dick
    from New York

That would look bitchin on the hood of a semi...big semi

Mr. Dick

7. F&J

F&J

Get hooked up with someone who sells to the shops in nyc. A guy here does similar stuff with stone and his stuff ends up in a gallery there. Whack money, too. Next place would be ebay. There is so much money out there in that other world.

8. mustangsix

mustangsix

Check out local art galleries and speak with the owners. Very often the pieces on display are there on consignment.

I really dig it.

9. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Put it on here, there is art on here for sale all the time.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

A lot depends on were you are, and were you could display that item. It needs to be seen live to bring good money IMO. As you know art value is all based on the name of the artist, and has no set rules to establish market value.

11. Call OCC. They'll make a gas tank out of it.

JH

12. How much do you want for it , would look good in the house,,,,,

13. badriand

badriand
    from tx

Here in TX we got a ton of metal fab shops that sell stuff like that, cool work by the way.

14. Ebay will get you the most exposure for the money. Creaigslist, being free is a given. Take time to get some great pictures, posed on a nice background and lighted properly. Might surprise you.
    While you wait for the sale, make a deal to hang it in a gallery or antique shop instead of letting it sit in your workshop.
    Exposure.

15. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Dont you have any scrap yards around there? Just joking. Nice work.

16. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

I'll ask the wife if she wants it , she will buy anything , Just kidding , I think it's cool

17. ya what kind of $$$ are you looking to get for it
    i would make it a mailbox myself
    tk

18. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Ok I am goingtto pursue some of the ideas(Except for adding nipples). The scrap yards around here just don't pay shit for steel so they are out. But I think that I will try and get it some exposer. The hood ornament for a bog rig idea might have worked but then I would have to make the other side of her. So that is out as for being a mail box well I just don't know how that would work. I was told about ebay but I am kind of unsure where I would list it. But I know that there are alot of metal fab guys on here that might have some idea. Thanks for your ideas.

19. DrJ

DrJ

Reminds me more of a sailing ships figure head than anything automotive, so I'd send slides or pics of it to nautical art galleries, maybe in Newport News area?

And give the lady some nipples... Even the female crash test dummies have nipples. ( My Wife did the sculpting of the patterns for the crash test dummie's chest.. no, not a body cast, you horndogs. I did the limbs and pelvis.)

20. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

21. DashEight

DashEight
    from Seattle WA

This might be a long shot but sometimes private and public civic centers/buildings have offers for artists to bid on lobby and large building Art decorations. You could put in an offer to build/sell a few pieces. I wouldn't know how to find them though. Or you could open up your own small side business. Offer doctors, dentist or other medical/law offices a few exhibits that you come and change out every few months to keep your art and their wait rooms fresh. If you have enough exhibits in rotation at a few different places it would be good exposure and might make you some spare coin for the service and art rental. I know Borders Booksellers always have Local Art Exhibits up and they frequently are all available for sale. Good luck with your craft. I think the sculpture is pretty cool.

22. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks kinda like Lady Liberty, way cool.

23. rodknocker

rodknocker

I'd go downtown, it looks like it belongs on top of a building

24. LUSK

LUSK

Nice work Bro! Put some nipples on it and loose the FOOSE hat!

25. decayed40

decayed40

hey joe there is a guy on rt.28 toward the kingston area that has tons of big dollar metal art outside and inside his shop he make like rocket ships out of 50's fins and the tail lamps light etc.etc. he has a great shop and i know he does consignments lots of city people i bet he would do it for ya ,stop buy the shop ill tell you more if interested:cool: