Register now to get rid of these ads!

South Jersey newbie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by crazybob, Aug 7, 2007.

1. crazybob

crazybob

Hello! They call me Crazy Bob. I'm a retired postal worker, & theatre projectionist. I enjoy The H.A.M.B. very much. It inspires me to keep trying to fix-up my old '52 Chevy. Here is what it looked like about 5 years ago, with me in it. It was Professor Ouch's old ratrod.
    [​IMG]
    I'm more into the grafitti, gasser, "I'm just a broke teenager", late '60s look, & feel.

The flat paint has fadded. I've replaced the 14" chrome wheels with 15" '56 chevy steelies all the way around. I painted them silver to look like chrome reverse wanna-bee's. It has a small block V8, turbo, 350, & a Camaro front clip.....Thanks for now,crazybob.

2. welcome from hatboro pa

3. You wouldn't happin' to hang around with that outlaw club called the "Deadbeaters" would ya? :rolleyes:
    Just kid n'.... Welcome aboard

4. crazybob

crazybob

Thank you both! .......I think that I breifly met one of the Deadbeaters at the Delsea Drive-in last Saturday?

5. godspeed32

godspeed32
    from socal

where down south ???im in forked river

6. crazybob

crazybob

I'm down here in Millville, almost next to the new Thunderbolt Raceway.

Is the "Cowboy Hall Of Fame" still up there on Route 9? We used to go there once in a while.

7. Welcome, from central Kansas. Simply a cool looking car that you have. I was in New Jersery once....

8. crazybob

crazybob

Thank you for your kindness. I'm new here and a little nervous.

We were out in your neck of the woods, last fall, looking at an old drive-in theatre to buy or lease. I really fell in love with the whole area.

The '52 chevy picture is about 5 years old. It needs paint, but it still shoots flames! We took it on a 700 mile round trip, last summer.

The '55 Nomad in my avitar is of me at Atco circa 1982 or 83. It had a 396 BB, turbo 350, 3:70 open rear. I could get it to do 13.9's @100 mph. I bought the "bullnose" hood onament at the CCI convention in Dearborn, 1981. I also had the Nomad at the first "Lead East" in 1983.

9. godspeed32

godspeed32
    from socal

ol cowboy is a family restraunt now , no more drunk cowboys gettin flung out windows anymore , i hear those were the good ol days ,