Register now to get rid of these ads!

20th Annual Gunnison Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Jul 28, 2007.

1. August 24-25-26 is the 20th Annual Gunnison Car Show in Gunnison Colorado.

FRIDAY EVENING: The 24th there is a cruise in and street dance, the first Four blocks of North Main St. are closed off.

SATURDAY: The 25th is the show proper in Jorgensen Park from 8AM to 3PM. Usually about 350 cars.

SUNDAY MORNING: A breakfast cruise to Crested Butte, a mining town 25 North of Gunnison. Again, a couple of blocks of Elk Ave, will be closed off for cruise participants to park.

You can check it out by going to: www.gunnisoncarclub.com

On the more HAMB side of life, the Lonely Knights have great party Saturday evening following the car show. This is where the traditionalist gather with good food, live music, ect.

You can check that out by going to: www.lonelyknightskustoms.com

Go to the gallery and click on the Gunnison Car Show Albums. So, if you go to the show, find the Lonely Knights and introduce yourself, just might get invited to the shindig.

2. Forgot to mention, if anybody is coming, PM me and I'll get ya the details on Saturday night. Or, try to answer any addional questions.
    Johnnie.

3. Bump for the night-time lurkers !!!!!

4. bonesy

bonesy

Does this show tend to be more traditional rods and customs, or is it a big muscle car type show? Thanks.

5. Bonesy,

As Gunnison is a small town, it's an open open show to included everybody. The majority of the cars that attend runs generally up through the '50's. Jorgensen Park is a great venue with lot's of room and everybody's on the grass. Traditional cars definately make a strong showing.

Muscle cars ar kinda hit & miss, a couple of years ago a bunch of 'em showed up that we weren't expecting, and last year there were very few.

Jamie Johnson from Hot Rod Haven, his Dad and that crew from Albuquerque come every other year or so.

Also, go to that Lonely Knights link I put in the initial post and find the Gunnison show in the Gallery. The photo album will pretty much tell the story.

Hope this helps, Johnnie.

6. BUMP, sorry guys, go to keep this alive for a few days so everyone can find it.

Johnnie.

7. Sounds like fun, but we'll be at the HAMB Drags!

8. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

I went 2 years ago, might make it again this year.

9. ray

ray
    from colorado

i'll be seeing ya up there johnnie! first time for me, lookin forward to your party.:D

10. Well, be glad you missed last year, cuz the weather kick our butts all day, but cleared up for the Lonely Knights Party. God obviously favors the traditional.

And Ray, looking forward to seeing you up here in the high country.

Johnnie.

PS: Everybody PM Bonesy and tell him to bring that Purple '47 with the Vicky roof, so we can all look at it up close, that thing is wicked !

11. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Always a good show. The drive up over Monarch Pass is always cool. We'll see ya there

12. Chris,

Can't wait to see you and "Tweek" up here stylin' in that new '40 Coupe. Although I know you and your homies miss the chebby.

Tell tweek we've got her all fixed up.

Johnnie.

13. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

I do kinda miss the chebby. The homies are sad! Its all good though, that 40 Coupe is finally running sweet!

I have prepared "Tweek" for whatever happens. She's a good sport.

14. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Hey by the way, is Lonesome Dick going to be playing anywhere on friday night?

15. bonesy

bonesy

I was attempting to make it - but my traveling buddies have a conflict. We're planning on next year.

16. YOU'RE KILLIN' ME ! ! I wanna to see that sled.

Johnnie.

17. autoartistry

autoartistry

I'll be at the Salida car show the weekend before.Love to stick around another week but can only afford to take off so much time.

18. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

If your coming from Kansas, I'd wait and come out for the Gunnison show. Its much better. If not, I might see ya in Salida!

19. autoartistry

autoartistry

My parents live in Salida and that is the only time I have off to vist.Since I am visiting while the Salida show is going on I thought I would bring the hotrod.If your there I have a 1946 Chevy pickup.It is black/silver and fenderless.
    Mike

Attached Files:

20. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

I saw that truck at the street rod nats in Pueblo, correct? I had the black 40 Coupe right across from ya. Small world! See ya there!

21. autoartistry

autoartistry

I was parked by the fountain under the trees all three days.Wiped elm tree sap off the truck all day long.Be looking for you in Salida.

22. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

By the way, I live in Canon City and my whole family is from Salida. When are you coming thru town?

23. autoartistry

autoartistry

I will be going to Salida on Thursday,probably won't get on the road till after lunch.
    Mike

24. BoneHeadcustomZ

BoneHeadcustomZ

Can't make it this year. Maybe next time. I have been to a few of them and showed back in 1988 there, a really great show.

25. We've come a long, loooonnngg way since '88 ! Come back and see us.

The numbers of traditional Rods and Sleds in attendance is growing each and every year. I'm doing all I can to promote that. Come help a brutha out !

Johnnie.

26. Chris,

Sorry about the delay to answering this question:

YES, "LONESOME DICK" will be playing in Montrose Friday night. For those of you over that direction, it will be a great show, so go show some support. Those guys are comin' a long ways to play for us.

Johnnie.