Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ***It´s FRIDAY ART SHOW***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robin B, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Rocky Jr, I really like the crispness of your lines. Gives me something to shoot for. Very nice.

2. WOOHOO! I'll post the other side of the great art barter in a little while:D

3. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

1-shot: if you would sell that, i would buy it. that is effing cool

4. Steve 38

Steve 38

I haven't posted on Friday Art Show for a while, so here goes. This is one I finished just recently, for myself, in between customer jobs. This is how I'm hoping my '38 Deluxe will look when its finished.

Attached Files:

5. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

TBonz, I love your striping style, especially the black T shirt... classic lines! The rest of you guys are great too!

6. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

all great stuff!! Cory. i was diggin that nightmare truck in teh original post realy lovin what you've done to it. makes me want to start another project i'll never finish :rolleyes:.

YnotaYblock. LOVE that thing. i've had the original sketch as my background since you first posted it. i'm AMAZED at what you did to it since then. wish i knew how that photshop stuff worked. might have to learn...if i get time.

7. 38pickup

38pickup

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would show off a render of a 40 merc I have been working on. Its not done, but here it is in the first stage...

[​IMG]

8. A couple from this week:
    The finished panel.
    A 1915 Overland
    A 1908 Buick I did a couple weeks ago.

Attached Files:

9. GaryC.

GaryC.

Kookie, Kookie lend me your... car!
    Lots of you will remember 77 Sunset Strip.
    I think that it was the first TV show that actually
    featured a hot rod. What a hot rod it was!
    Norm Grabowski built it and it was every guys
    idea of cool.

Attached Files:

10. ploon

ploon

my new laptop
    [​IMG]

some bling for the kitchen
    [​IMG]

11. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

How about a side shot of the tank?

12. mortecai

mortecai

Wow I love the rocker panel treatment on the yeller coupe.

13. guiseart

guiseart

O/T subject matter, I know... but I do hot rod stuff so little, I'd never get to show off.

He was born in the fifties, does that count?
    Cell phone pictures, sorry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Continue with your regularly scheduled fine programming, everything looks great so far... I love the art show!

14. Messing with photoshop, trying to find a believable metalflake look, the simple shape looked like a piece of Zodiac, so I put some stiches in it and cut out one of my stickers from a real pic and stuck it on top.

Attached Files:

15. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

killer stuff from everyone!
    - Joe

17. stan292

stan292

Hey gang -

Just a quick note to say thanks to those of you who have contacted me and offered to submit artwork for the HAMB Drags Silent Auction. Looks like we may have to reserve a special section just for artwork this year.

If you haven't done so yet, there's still time to contribute. Some VERY cool stuff has shown up - or been pledged and is on the way - but we can use somemore.

If you can't make it to Joplin/Mokan, all it takes is to choose something you have on hand, package it up securely (don't worry about mounting or framing), and toss it in the mail. This is a great chance to show off your talent and help out the HAMB too.

If possible, it would really help to have your stuff by the 20th, or so, as I have lots of swag to get ready for display.

Once again, my address is:

Stan Weber
    P.O. Box 81
    Firth, NE 68358

Remember, all donors will get a souvenier pin and their names will go into the exclusive drawing (auction donors and helpers only) for an original "Big Sounds of the Drags" record album.

P.S. If you do send something, its really a nice touch to hand sign your art and maybe add a note saying "HAMB Drags 2007", etc. That helps make your art even more desireable.

Thanks in advance for your generosity to the HAMB. If you have any questions, just PM me.

Attached Files:

18. here's rocky's wagon

[​IMG]

for bustedlifter (pre-stripe)

[​IMG]

greg, that stone is incredible.. the family should be proud.

19. dankyd

dankyd

Not sure about this one yet. I am trying to make stuff even looser than previous work. I will probably go back into it a little, but thought I would post anyway.

[​IMG]

20. chopper daddy

chopper daddy

Here's what I've been working on:

First is a sketch of what I might do to the old Falcon this winter

[​IMG]

This is one of a set of stools we bought from Target for the home office. This one needed a new lever, and then I decided it needed flames too.

[​IMG]

Last is a color study I did while on vacation recently. Kinda flame-like.

[​IMG]

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Big Daddy Kat Von Franco.......
    done for Mark Moriarty.....

[​IMG]

22. MrExcite

MrExcite

Had some older stuff on display at a fair, not the greatest shots, but, hey, I'm in the art show !!!

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

23. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Thank you.

24. image1

image1
    from Ada, Oh

here a couple pics of a truck that should be finished up tonight...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry, just crappy cell pics right now...

25. pinstripingbykc

pinstripingbykc
    from Lombard,IL

sorry but i dont have anything for this week, friday came too quickly, but everthing is looking great!!! good job guys.

26. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Robin, every week it seeems you post something wicked! Jigger, that Plymouth is killer, as is the '53! ynottayblock, you rule!!! That bubbletop is awesome.
    Buller, great work!! Gigantor, it's lookin' good! TBonez, that eyeball with the wilted wings is cool... in fact, I can't stop diggin' your work! natas, man... another beautiful shot! customcory, NICE!! Great job refining that idea! 1-shot, as always, killer work... himjively, as always, great work, and nice tribute... Sorry to hear of your loss.
    RockyJr, that's amazing work! So much good stuff again this week... man... Steve 38, FANTASTIC! 38pickup, great start! Safariknut, love it! GaryC., man.... you know how much I love your work, and you just keep raising the bar! Ploon, nice laptop!
    Greg, your talent and skill are just unreal.... Wow, this post has gotten long... just had to express how cool the show is again this week... GREAT work everyone!

27. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

28. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

thanks man, coming from you that means alot, ive been admiring your work for awhile.

Great work by EVERYONE again this week, and guiseart I dont care if you think thats O/T, i'm always blown away by what you do, so keep posting.

29. Man! I love the Friday Art Show. Everyone here RULES!

30. Burny

Burny

Here's an old page of sketches of my truck project I found and some FMCMF CC art...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.