Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Wife.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A32Flathead, Aug 10, 2007.

1. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Good thoughts ya'lls way...my girlfriend had it done 2 years ago, at 44, all is good, not a flexible as she once was...smile...but still good...

2. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

My thoughts and prayers are with you, but I am also so happy for you both. My wife had total hip repacement at 26 and 33, and it sure changed her life for the better.

3. rustrustler

rustrustler

I can tell you from personal experience that I hurt less the day after surgery than I did the day before. It's worth it, but be sure she does her exercises and go to therapy or it will all be for nothing. Also they give you pain pills for a reason take them before you hurt and don't play catch-up. thoughts and prayers are with you, Mike.

4. Shock72

Shock72

my best to her, thats not something I would wish on anyone. My girl is a nurse, watched a knee replacement surgery once and works at a rehab hospital. So I know what your wife has to go through. Sorry to hear that, good thing is shes young and can heal fast. good luck to both of you

5. specialk

specialk

The only wish from all the people I know who have had that surgery? That they had not postponed it for so long. And, my wife too may be a candidate someday soon.

Good luck and well wishes!

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

as buckwheat would say: "It be otay"....

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Best wishes for her.

8. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

My uncle is has had both knees done and is back playing golf and raising hell.

Good luck!

- Joe

9. TheBeast

TheBeast

Thoughts and Prayers sent to you and your wife!

10. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

Give her a month and she'll be kicking you in the butt again!
    Prayers are with you both.

11. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Thoughts out to both of you.
    Take care of her.
    Craig

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Prayers already sent for you and your wife. I've had my left knee operated on 3 times and the right one 5 times. There is nothing else they can do for me except replace them both. Keep us informed about the operation and her recovery, I'm interested in how she does.

Frank

13. chaddilac

chaddilac

My granddad had a total knee replacement.... it works better than the original did!!

Prayer sent.

14. rixrex

rixrex

Our prayers and best wishes to you and your wife..a speedy recovery..My Uncle Dick had both his knees done and it put him back out on the golf course at 89 yrs. old!..actually the doctors advised against it, they said he was too old...

15. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Prayers and best wishes to your wife for a quick recovery. Your Love for this woman shows, the best to you also.

16. scootersnpie

scootersnpie

My thoughts and prayers extended, as I have had my left replaced at age 50 due to a stupid golf car driver at a car swap here in California. I came within 3 weeks of losing the leg above the knee and was blessed that the Chief of Ortho at USC and 2 wonderful designs out of the U.K. kept me upright at least for the time being. Talk to your Doctors right away about pain Managment to help her through the therapy as it is a long process. My best wishes and if you folks need anything it's not like you are a million miles away....just ask!

17. Well....a little update....

I got home from work at 2.30am, went to bed at 3am, got up at 5am, and saw Ginger through till the time the HEAVY drugs kicked in....

11.10am, the Surgeon came out to report that her knee was "One of the worst he has seen in almost 20 years" and that the new one is warrantied for 25,000 miles.

I'm home, and going to bed for a few hours as I have to go to work again in a few hours.

Thanks to you ALL for the kind thoughts & prayers & offers of assistance. Its early days yet, so I may be calling in some help!!

Thanks....

18. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

19. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

get well soon Ginger!:D :D :D
    call me if you need anything delivered.

20. brainfrz

brainfrz

Let me know also if you need any help. Good Luck Ginger and Dave! Which Hospital she at, Good Sam?

Jon

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

Ugh!

Good luck.

22. Moonglow

Moonglow

Best of luck to your wife and you, as well as our prayers. She sounds like a real gem. Mine is too, so I know how you must be worrying about her. The fact that she's young will be in her favor as she heals.

In any event, we're all with you and your better half!

23. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

Give Ginger my get well wishes...

24. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Best wishes to Ginger. Been through it - the light at the end of the tunnell in NOT a train!! Hang in there both of you.

J.

25. May need your assistance Monday....To assist on Gingers arrival home, as she won't be too good negotiating the stairs methinks, I'll talk to you over the weekend George.

Thanks to everyone who has said a prayer, sent a message or PM.

Have a great weekend everyone.

26. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

time to start looking for a downstairs unit,maybe? :confused:
    talk to you monday,if not sooner.

27. 53chevy

53chevy

All the best! Hoping for a speedy recovery and a get well prayer. Keep her spirits up too.

Ken

28. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Just saw the post. Prayers from here too!!

29. racer756

racer756

Take good care of her, and yourself. well wishes from Stockton.

30. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

GINGER....[​IMG]

RAFA.