Register now to get rid of these ads!

Todays project: Wheelie cart for my 34' Cab...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mpls|cafe|racer, Aug 5, 2007.

1. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

I was getting sick of not being able to move my cab around easily, so I built a cart for it.

I gotta start on some shelving soon too, so this will make it MUCH easier to get it in and out of the garage while that's happening.

[​IMG]

What does anyone else use, if anything, to achieve this goal?

2. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Old solid core door with 6 heavy duty castors works great for my 50 Stude cab

3. mortecai

mortecai

Give a gearhead a 2x4 some 16d nails and a bunch of casters and they can mobilize the world.

4. patgizz

patgizz
    from cleveland

my garage floor makes rolling anything almost impossible or i'd take your idea and make my own.

5. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

The lower half of a shopping cart can make an amazing engine dolly and can take the strain off your back for other such heavy items.

6. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

This is definitely true. And, if you live in the hood, someone will leave one within a block of your house every couple months. I've actually put a ford 289 IN the baskety of a plastic shopping cart while I stripped the top end. I own an engine stand now though...

7. haring

haring

Timely ...

I just moved my '32 truck cab from a storage garage to my "real" garage.

It is squarely in the way. I have 4 castors salvaged from a broken appliance dolly, and I was planning on making something similar.

8. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Remade it out of steel. Had some scrap available at work and decided to make something more useful for longer times.

Pics in a bit.

9. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

10. Wow! Now that's the cats ass. You'll have that for many years of service.

11. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

I definitely enjoy the concept of years of good service from a tool that took about 20 minutes to build on my lunch break at work. haha

12. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

For those of you in the snowbelt states, snowmobile castor dollies also worked great for me....

Put the ones for the ski's under each firewall foot on the cab and the single one for the track in the middle of the cab's back panel. The best part about this is that it only takes 1 person to take them on/off.