Register now to get rid of these ads!

attention COLORADO HAMBers! come support the salt cured hamb tour tomorrow!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ray, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ray

ray
    from colorado

hey everybody, as you may know, hotrodladycrusr, chevygirlrox, oldbobsign, and ralfs56 are currently on their way to bonneville. they will be stopping here in colorado springs tomorrow(sunday) evening. i'd like for some of the other locals to show up and say hi to them, maybe have a small meet and greet, maybe meet some of the lurkers around here?

they should be rolling into town around 6:00, i expect denise should call and give a progress report during the day. probably will just relax a bit, have a few cold beverages(i'll stock the fridge for whoever comes! beers on me!) and then catch some supper.

if you're interested, and you SHOULD be, heck, they're driving their hot rods cross country:D, drop me a PM and i'll get you my contact info, etc.

hope to see some of ya tomorrow...

ray

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Ahhh Ray, I would...but ColoRODo Springs is too far for me to drive...:rolleyes:

R-

3. ray

ray
    from colorado

that's pretty funny, considering all the trailer talk going on in certain local circles!:D

you get the stude home okay?

anyway a bump to the top, was hoping to see some of the local guys tonite at the cruse night, but it's raining...

4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal
    from CO

Lame... I just got deployed and am reading this from a friends laptop.
    Hope you all have fun. Maybe next time.

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yeah, made it home without a hitch...I'm thinking now it was a load of bad gas in Russell...checked both the filters today and they're clean now...rewired from the alternator back today as well...think I got that small problem solved now too...

Anyway, looks like you made it home OK too...and hope you didn't have any problems...and never saw anyone on the way home Sunday...don't know if the Lonely Knights guys were ahead of us or behind us...

See ya somewhere...the chop on your Chevy is bitchin'...if I didn't tell you that before...matter of fact, I like the whole look of the car...

Rain here today as well...

R-

6. ray

ray
    from colorado

thanks for the compliment on the chop, roger. while we're throwing around the compliments, i'll send one your way on the hall of fame.

we got home okay, though we went the long way, south to OKC, then followed route 66 to amarillo then up to home. it poured big time heading south of salina. everybody was pulling off the road, not just me with my temporary lexan windshield. then more rain on route 66 in oklahoma, i had water POURING through the bottoms of the doors on two occasions, it was at least a foot deep at the low spots on 66. we had fun.:D

7. Hay Ray- better get some of that fake fast-tan lotion to give to Denise since she has that new top....she's not getting much:D sun exposure ya know!

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You think my traveling mates are going to allow me to put my top up??:rolleyes: Shit, not even when we went thru rain today.:D

Just got checked into the room here in Bellvue, NE and will try to write a report on the trip so far. Will post later tonight.

Ray, will call you mid day tomorrow and give you a heads up on our ETA.

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the crew in your area.......just relaxing and chatting sounds GREAT since we've been in fast forward mode the last two days/nites.

9. ray

ray
    from colorado

the sun at the high altitude here will turn you into a crispy critter in no time!

10. Denise,

Just stay away from those Lonely Knights.........nothin' but trouble!!

Johnnie.