Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. Sled, you're making some north of the boarder jealous too. Thanks for posting so much eye candy. I admire your 'hunting' skills. Keep 'em coming.

2. sled

sled

CHARLES..HI...do you mean a 53 Eldorado???or a normal convertible??

and for the 57 Seville a local friend o mine has one under frame off resto,have'nt seen it personally yet but is in town...

he 's gonna have it ready for the best car show exibit in Mexico,april next year...he told me!!

light green metallic color...and matching interior

will take some pix if i got the chance....wanted to see it cause i just sold a 58 Eldo Seville.love these lines....

heard also of another 57/58 Eldo seville in town stored ,have some leads on this one....one of these days will check it out...

3. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

Normal 53 caddy Convertible...heck, any 1950-1953 Caddy Convertible for the right price ;)...

And I love the 1957 Seville. imagine it Slammed on it's nuts, mild chopped top...Cadillac wire wheels with wide whites...makes me drool.

Here's my 1953...
    [​IMG]

4. sled

sled

Blacktopbuddha,that's exactly my intention....to make Us guys jelous!!!:D

Naaa,just kiddin fellas.....but i tought a lot before makin my thread public,a lot....

simply wanted to show there are different prospectives of life,and also southern countries something interesting things can be found for our hobby or lifestyle...

to all you guys outhere,i know perfectly from all my travellin experience there are simply no borders for what we love....

still,from previous experiences i can assure everywhere i went i met car/bike nuts ....and real crazy ones....

so,for me world is gettin really small in terms of distances,but i found Mexico kinda interesting the way i get the stuff....and the amount of the the old iron....so,more will come for the fun of all....

5. sled

sled

Clarles,your 53 looks clean ....classic lines,never wrong with that...

hey,looks like you have exactly a kustomized vision as me regardin 57/58 eldo seville...must have a top on it to get the right lines...chopped,of course...

i sold my 58 before startin the project,cause i went back on classic lines..30's /40's...

also accordin to time,got lots of project cars myself....never enuff time anyway...

and is not only a money factor,is just insane to follow so many cars ...but heart goes much faster than brain,so i keep buyin

is not very difficult to find a Caddy like that....let me look around for ya.....

was just tryin to find the very first 49 Coupe de Ville with the special
    roof.....no luck yet...

6. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

This thread is UNBELEIVABLE!!! My head hurts...
    I am shaking over here, face twisted up, clenching my fists...on the edge of my seat as I go through it...
    I...I...wow...
    dude...you are a very lucky man...and thanks for the hours of drooling and entertainment/envy!

7. sled

sled

HELP!!!somebody needs to help DirtyThity breedin !!!!i'm too far away,can't help....

we can't loose a hamber this way!!!!

8. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Its o.k....I'll survive, I am buying some plane tickets, maybe take a little vacation, relax...forget about all these AMAZING finds...
    I'm thinking, maybe...Mexico...:D

9. sled

sled

for the tri - chevy fans....some coupes that i've bought around ....

perhaps a boring car here in hamb,but i never tired to look at the 55 ht coupe...simple and classic at the same time...timeless...

there are still many around of these...

mostly the sold ones in Mexico were the basic ones..slant 6 and manual tranny...but many were imported from US,with V8 and all goodies...

Attached Files:

10. sled

sled

we did have Ford 32 roadster glass bodies built here in Mexico too...

here one left of the past production...

story is a wealthy mexican family ,hot rodding oriented put these glass 32 bodies in production in a full scale back in the 90's....

did'nt worked out for some reasons,and the moldings are still here ,abandoned....

actually quality was pretty good....a friend o mine inherited all these stuff...and is just laying around in his personal junkyard...

guess he owns more than 60 cars alone...and the grey A coupe was is daily driver...also years ago he took a long trip with the whole family (wife and 2 joung children),all fitted in the A....mmm,they survived well he said!!!

it was plain fun,and met lots of rodders there in US....a lifetime tour!!

Attached Files:

11. sled

sled

time ago i recall this Merc 52 convertible parked on the side,for sale...

was a really cool car,really clean overall...all original

guess is long gone by now....lavender color

Attached Files:

12. sled

sled

also walkin around i crossed this solid preserved A coupe...asked if was for sale carefully and the mechanic came up with a ridicolous price...still sittin there,too expensive...

it will be probably sold for next to nothing one day,as usual here...

but for the 30's stuff sentimental value is high regarded on mexicans

Attached Files:

13. sled

sled

some abandoned junk around in the woods....there is some people livin there in the trash too...

the convertible is a Mercury 56 with a factory conti kit mounted...actually there were 2 of them!!!rustin out.....

Attached Files:

14. sled

sled

hi again,just wanted to know everyone i'm tryin to find some extra time to post more mexican junk...

been busy lately with lot of cars finds travelin in the republic...

more to come soon....sled

15. TommyLeDouche

TommyLeDouche

I'm looking forward to it. New to the HAMB an just recently looked over this thread. Amazing stuff!

16. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Wow that was awsome the cars in mexico city are very well built. i couldnt imagine all thoughs cars there in that good of shape you have a great collection of cars. Are any of your cars for sale or do you brokerage cars for a price? if so PM me
    Jared

17. Meddler57

Meddler57

Nice thread keep 'em comin'.

[​IMG]

18. Fe26

Fe26

I always thought Mexico would be a nice place for a holiday.:)
    Ai'nt it amazing that old cars survive unmolested in poor countries, wonder why that is?;)
    Never mind, let's get in there and plunder, anyway, they don't need 'em as much as we do.:rolleyes:
    I'll bet they don't even know what ther'e worth.:D

19. mortecai

mortecai

wow so many cars so little time

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow-Thanks! What is the current rate of exchange for Pesos for US Dollar? Any stuff in Ensenada? Lots of cruise ships go that way-make for an interesting side trip.

21. sled

sled

hi all,thanx for the warm comments ....would love to post more but time is a issue for me....never enuff.

i do have lots more pix and almost daily some interesting stuff comes by,but i honestly try to cut some time for me and refresh this thread....

meddler 57....cool decal,really....thanx

no _respect. will PM you about..

mortecai....you\re right,never enuff time,junk is almost endless,my 2 cents

jalopy joker. the rate is aprox 10.50/11 pesos for 1USD...but to make it easy make the convertion 10 pesos /1 USD...simple as that

as far i know no stuff in Ensenada,but can be some inland,no news from up there.not a very good area to find stuff too...

FE26...well,they have internet ,of course..but still good deals can be made,as usual ...but very tricky to deal with,life ain\t easy

well,more news soon....

22. 36C8

36C8

This...is...insane.

23. thinkfink

thinkfink

WOOOW...
    ...how can i get one of the 36 ford coupes to Amsterdam?

Great thread!

24. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I was in Mexicali MX this weekend and saw a few cool old cars. The coolest was probably a late 40s panel truck that was being used to haul a mariachi bands equipment. Next time I'm gonna take a camera to get some of them on film.

25. sled

sled

katatonic, a local friend told a story about a mariachi band hualed for long time in a 56 nomad in mexico city....but it was like years ago.

i`m tryin to locate that car but no luck yet.....

26. Firecracker

Firecracker

I think I need to make my way down the Mexico. And like everyone else, I must say that hearse is freggin sweet!
    Cheers

27. sled

sled

DannyJ and all hearse nuts...i found already more rare hearses around....got cool pix

but i hate loosin time time reducin pix and put them on,takes too much time.

so,i figgered out that maybe will change my camera again,cause like to update the thread...have LOTS of new stuff to show,just for the fun...

or perhaps who takes care of the site can upgrade the JPG size to 150 kb??? would be just great.....

28. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Cool... Its really neat to see old cars really being used as cars, and not just someones toy.

Just got back from Mexicali, El Hongo, El Condor, La Romerosa. Alot of old cars hiding around Rumerosa. Stopped and talked to a older man who had a 28 model A with a small block ford in it, he also had 2 57 chevys restored that were for sale, a couple metropolitans (one on the roof of his house), a 4 door 54 chevy. He had 2 model A engines for sale at $150.

I also saw a 58 bel air 2 door with a nice body just sitting there in a yard with flat tires, quite a few 50s trucks, a couple early 60s comets?

When I got back to Mexicali, there was a lowrider club gathered near the border but mostly 70s cars. There were a couple 50s bombs though. I saw a weird 63 chevy impala, well... I think thats what it was. It appeared to have a custom grill, different side trim, and other mods.

29. sled

sled

Katatonic,glad you liked the mexican tour....and you`ve been only close to the border just some miles,not much...can you imagine how much junk is still around to be found???

the locals do love old cars,and they really try as best to keep em on the road,even when they are totally broke,in most of cases...

sentimental values,ya know....of course most of them they just destroy or repair in a very porly way,but at list they try fix em

remember that economically the country is kinda rich ,but richness is very badly distribuited,125 millions and still lot of analphabetism there...

few areas have lots of cash,but plenty more are havin tuff times...especially lost countrysides.

in any case i always wonder what`s besides the next door.....let me open it,pleazzz

30. sled

sled

ah,i try to get some pix next time i see a mariachi band hangin around in old iron...ya bet!