Register now to get rid of these ads!

A question for Alliance members...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

220V 50hz and free shipping! :D :D

2. I have a Miller plasma and I love it.....how about a rebate??? Its only 5 years old.....A discount on parts and accessories would be great…dose miller have a on line store?

3. raven

raven

"steep discount"
    That would do it for me.
    r

4. What he said.

5. NoSurf

NoSurf

DITTO!

(I also need a tig welder eventually.)

6. MillerWelds

MillerWelds
    from Chicago

Hey Guys,
    I'm the dude from Miller Electric that started this whole thread w/ Ryan. First off, I can't believe the quick and overwhelming response from this community. You guys are incredible.
    So, based on the initial feedback I'm seeing, it appears price is pretty much the motivating factor when considering a Plasma cutter. That being the case, if our 30 Amp machine (designed exclusively for Street Rod applications) has a street price of around $1,200, what kind of discount are we talkin' here to motivate you? $50? $100? $200? How 'bout a financing option where you could get a plasma unit for no money down and $50.00 a month? We're eager to work with the HAMB community, so let me know what you think.
    Look forward to hearing your comments!
    Frank LaPlante
    GM, Miller Plasma Cutting Division

7. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Chiming in....

This not a rant - just wondering out loud.

I have always wondered what the deal was with the pricing of things like a plasma cutter.

It seems like simple enough technology (technically speaking) - and when compared to other equipment of the same caliber of technology, like tigs/migs or whatever, it's significantly higher priced.

For about half a Grand (or so) I can by a mig that has a decent amount of bells and whistles and is quite versatile. But you can't even touch a plasma cutter without a Large Bill - and all it really does is cut metal....(not to over-simplify it - just making a point).

It seems like they know that the welders are going to use comsumables over their lifespan - which they can cash in on. Plasma cutters don't use a significant amount of consumables - so they gotta sock you with a huge buy-in price.

It seems that way for anything that doesn't use consumables though.

Bottom line - I've always wanted a plasma cutter - but couldn't justify it for the price (this is just a hobby for me - I'm not making any money at it). If I was spending someone else's money I'd already have one!

8. Price. Or maybe a "buy the plasma cutter and get the welder free" deal. Or at least a good deal on the welder...

9. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

You are dreaming.....They are trying to make money, not lose it.

How about they throw a big party and we set the bike that OCC built on fire. That would suit me fine since I have the plasma and welder already.

10. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

they are going to have to beat cyberweld.coms prices ,
    and no interest financing , say for 6 month`s that would be the way to sell more quality machines .
    I need one of those new inverted tig`s, and a plasma torch !
    It would be alot easer to bite the bullet !
    if you could spread the cost out for a month or two. big stuff 6 ?:)

11. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Uhhhh...they already make one. and it's about the size of your toaster oven. AND it runs off 210 or120.AAND it uses the same tips as all thier other machines.
    Well, I'm lying- it's 1175.00-but it comes with a kick ass carrying case!

if this is gonna happen, it needs to happen quick, Cause I was gonna order one monday!

GO BIG BLUE!

12. Frank, welcome aboard and Ryan thank you just never seems to be enough. I think this could be a great alliance and look forward to this happening.

Price is my motivator as well but free shipping would have to play into the package also. When you start talking about a $200- $300 discount, you have my attention. I like the financing idea too but it would have to be interest free. Thanks guys, I think this is a step in the right direction for sure!

13. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

You'll notice a half dozen replies after yours but those guys type SLOW. :D

A payment plan would sure help poor Okies like me.....

Thanks for signing on!

How about those boxer briefs?

14. Dan1955

Dan1955

What Rashie said sounds good to me.

15. Slide

Slide

^^^I really like this idea.

More blue for less green is always a good thing.

16. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

your gonna need a test monkey to give it a good revue ! I'm in,
    Give us the best price you can. and split it into a couple of payments ! and I`ll bite.

17. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

18. Squablow

Squablow

I've never bought anything on a payment plan before, never even had a car loan, but that's really tempting. A similar deal on a small TIG unit would be awesome too. You wouldn't even have to ship it, I'd come and pick it up, I'm only like 20 minutes from Appleton.

I got my welding/sheetmetal fab degree at FVTC right after they switched to the all new Miller welders. Boy did I get spoiled...

There's always a lot of talking about welding helmets here on the HAMB, and I got to try one of the Miller ones once, boy was it nice. I bet a lot of HAMBers would like a shot at one of those too.

19. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

Bring ROCK back? (ITW inside joke)

Financing would help ALOT

20. Frank,,,,I ain't gonna sugar coat it ,,,,,MONEY TALKS,,,and a real discount might lure me,,,,,I already have a miller mig,,,HRP

21. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Well, I already have one and think it is great. So how about a deal on tips, or maybe a circle cutting attachment?

22. Degreaser

Degreaser

Yeah, don't forget about us guys that already have mig, tig and plasma. Accessory discounts would be awesome.

23. I would agree that price sells. At least for myself, financing may or may not be a sales incentive, it depends on the interest rate.

Remember that while the extra consumables may be nice, most people can afford to buy them as needed, it is the initial buy-in that would be the most help with a price break.

I have the small Lincoln plasma, but would be interested in a bigger one that can cut thicker materials better. I will be watching this to see, count me in as interested.

24. Tdreamer

Tdreamer

price...but for some reason I know I could get a lincoln cheaper;) .... besides lincoln pays my mortgage:D

25. plan9

plan9

I absolutely agree with Terry on this. Also, a lot of us (including me) have Miller products already so we are aware of the quality... a price cut is deffinately a motivator for me.

This is great news, big thankyou goes out to Miller.

26. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Price then please put a Tig on the list next. Got a 250 Miller mig and would love to have the whole line up!! Great products!!

27. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

price is the bottom line but something that would make me jump would be 0% financing to where my payments wouldn't be too much- i don't mind going in debt or financing things but i HATE interest!

i'd like to a tig too

28. Big Shane

Big Shane
    from Pearl, MS

Price is what its all about...I already have a miller mig and tig. Great quality, now just make it so we cant live without it. I've been looking for an excuse to buy one.

29. Well Pretty much everyone has already chimed in with my response as well. Personally I think the price they have is really fair for about $1175.00 you can get the Extreme and It is a kickass lil box, but a nice $200-$400discount would be great. Or simple easy finacing. I would love to see a payment plan, but an easy on the brain one. Possibly one where we couldget other equipment as well, not just a Plasma, but say a Plasma and a Tig or Mig. I only ask for a payment option as it is easier for me to just do it, and make the $50 or $100 extra bucks to pay for it then tell the wife. lol And when she does notice it in the garage, it will more than likely already be paid for. lol Not all of us have tool friendly wives like you other lucky freaks out there.

30. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Price is the number one concern. Know they want one because sometimes they come over and borrow mine. :D