Register now to get rid of these ads!

Primered (Rat Rod) unfinished look whatever you call it Rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cadillacin Marcus, Apr 20, 2004.

1. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

[ QUOTE ]
    I had a primered shoe box in 1959 with wide whites and red wheels. It was 9 years old...........OLDBEET

[/ QUOTE ]

that is awsome! you are da man! So what did you call it then? Did you have to call it somthing to be cool like in 2004? Do you have any pix of your shoebox?

blake

2. Marcus, can i ask you why the fuck do you care???

Why dont you mind your own business and let every do their thing... If they call it a rat rod, and it ain't.. WHO CARES.. If some one mixes billet and traditional... WHO CARES.
    I wouldnt be ranting about Mixing 60s style with traditional... Cough Cough, what about your muscle?

Leave it alone. People might do stupid shit, but who gives a shit? Its not your money, and its not in your garage. So mind your own business..............

Im not trying to be a jack ass, but im tired of people ranting and talking shit, when they dont open their eyes on there own projects...(not necessiary talking about you)

rat-

3. plan9

plan9

these rant posts are fun... who needs TV?

keep going... helps the day go by faster...

4. lownslow

lownslow

marcus,
    though i agree with you about 60's cars shouldnt be flat black and done all dare i say '' rat rodded .''......when you got that buick before the super stock idea hit you. didnt you ask for people to photoshop it flat black for you ?..you were gonna do the same thing you are bitching about.......like i said i agree that they dont look right like that IMHO ..... but why do you care??????? ...... [​IMG]

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    these rant posts are fun... who needs TV?

keep going... helps the day go by faster...

[/ QUOTE ]
    maybe the first 4 times it comes up. but after that it gets old and boring.

6. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Please post a photo of a vehicle you have built and we'll all decide if you are quilified to even have an opinion.

Sure, my stuff gets about half or 3/4 finished and I usually sell it. I enjoy actually building stuff. That is the big thrill for me. Getting something on the road and taking it on a trip to Paso, Austin or wherever is what gives me the most satisfaction. And selling someone a vehicle that they are going to enjoy and will be roadworthy for decades means something to me as well. It is all about the craftsmanship. Don't take my word for it, just ask Killer, he and I have worked side-by-side on various projects.

Not buying some clapped out fire-trap and dressing it up with some shiny parts and trying to pedal it for a profit. And I don't care what you build. Late model, pre-war, kustom, muscle car anything!

Please post a photo and shut me up... or don't.

7. Yep..thats when I was gonna sell it... hahaha.... don't disagree with me on this because I'm right and you're wrong!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] hahaha...damn you guys get all pissed over lame shit....This is fun!! Like I twist your arms to make you read this post....oh... lighten up people... Its just a message board.... Marcus still Loves you all,even if you drive a " Rat ROd" 70 4 dr Caprice..........xoxoxox sincerely, from all 7 personalities : [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. here ya go.. It aint done yet nor do I claim it to be....

Attached Files:

9. another

Attached Files:

10. Cad

Attached Files:

11. dash

Attached Files:

12. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Old one I sold not all that long ago. [​IMG]

13. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Truck Photo (still own this, taken it to paso 3 times) [​IMG]

14. FORDOLE500

FORDOLE500

i would have to agree to some point. my thing is primer should be used as a stepping stone but not as perminent thing, at least not for customs! hot rods is a differant story, even if a guy back in the fifties had primer on there car they probobly still had plans to pain it, but could not afford it at that time. also these guys out there trying to make there car ratty are lame! again a guy in the fifties my have had a rat rod but if you could go back in time and ask him i will bet he wanted to make it as nice as he could afford. same now not everyone has all the money but dont try to make it look rough if you have the ability or means to make it nicer(not perfect but as nice as you can!

todd

15. My old " Rat Rod" built in 1961 HS Auto shop Class in San Rafael Ca...

Attached Files:

16. Notice the 65 Le Mans in the background in black primer..it was painted a few weeks after this pics was taken,I didnt call it done or rat rodded..we called primered 60's and 70's cars, stoner wagons!!!

17. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Look, this is me giving Marcus props for his engine compartment. There is nothing better than dual carbs on a low-rise manifold...

18. plan9

plan9

marcus, people arent getting pissed... i think they just like to bag on YOU for being marcus hahaha

19. Cranium

Cranium

So, I guess making my wife's Scion into a delivery and painting it suede blue and adding whitewalls to it is out?
    Dang.

20. hahaha..I know..its ok though... I've always been the Jester,the class clown,made fun of myself etc to get laughs,..I like to make people laugh and sometimes get them riled up a bit,just to fuck with them,its all in fun..

21. Jester

Jester
    from Blevins AR

shit I thought I was Jester oh well I still say fuck you Marcus [​IMG]

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't know anything, and my opinion means dink. Basicly build and drive what turns you on and don't worry about a classification. In the late 50s and early 60s what hot rodding meant to me was an altered car modified to run faster, then there were the custom body work jobs. Most of our cars were old because they were cheap to buy, simple to modify and simple to work on by kids. The key was individuality. You wanted something different that was fun and had your personal mark on it, not another clone of the stockers, and dare not clone another rod! Another key was doing it yourself. Having something like a Boyd custom job did not make you a hot rodder, and the car might not be considered a real hot rod eather! The old Fords were used because, one they were popular, two they were cheap, three they were everywhere, and four we had such a wide range of years for interchanging parts on the 48 and back models. Almost always a collection of FoMoCo stuff. Guys would walk right past a nice 40 Chevy to get to a beat up 40 Ford. A hot rod could be a stripped down jolopy or hoopy, or a high dollar performance machine with a great paint job. Let me say again, cheap was our word. No way could we do the slick high dollar California rod scene. Primer was cheap and accepable on a rod. Hell, I even tried to painted an old 41 Ford with a brush to get it all one color. Dozens of clone primered shoebox Fords appeared after the Thunder Road movie, yeah they were ok, but clones. Between 60 and 63 I owned a 37, two 39s and a 40. The 40 was in the best shape and cost me 125.oo, the rest were 25 and 50 buck jobs. They were all rodded to some extent and they were all fun! Fun is another key word. I don't remember the term rat rod applied to a group of cars back then, rat rod was sometimes used to reference rat motor cars. It was just hot rod, and it covered a wide range of modified cars.Maybe I was just too far away from the slick rod scene, and could only afford the beaters. Only slick rods usually hit the mags, not the bulk of the every day drivers. Sorry if this sounds like a rant, may be times have changed, but I still love the old Ford hot rods!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tanker1, where are you at in OK?

23. tanker1

tanker1
    from OK

Roothawg
    I'm west of you in El Reno.

24. Satinblack

Satinblack

Primer primer primer....there is satin paint too [​IMG]