Register now to get rid of these ads!

Airbags...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unpunk01, Apr 15, 2004.

1. chopt50

chopt50
    BANNED

[ QUOTE ]
    Okay, I'll help. But it is against my better judgement.

Brackets: www.suicidedoors.com they're cheap and made from the same steel as everybody elses (hope you don't mind writing a check to a mini-trucker).

Bags, compressors, shocks, fittings, vlaves and airline: www.deviouscustoms.com Good prices, great service.

other sources: www.mastreimagecustoms.com Same parts as the rest, really good prices.

Good luck with your S-10.... er, um I mean ShoeBox.

[/ QUOTE ]

master image customs is out of business

2. chopt50

chopt50
    BANNED

[ QUOTE ]
    There is a shop in Florida called R.A.W. that does good work. I do lots of air suspensions as well as Body drops etc.. and there are certain brands that are much better than others. The best valves are GC, but Herions or Parkers are good valves as well. If M.I.C. is out of business their is no one else that makes good manuel valves.
    1/4 inch line is a waste of time, it will be painfully slow. 3/8 is the way to go, not to fast but not slow as christmas. If you run monoleaf in the back you do not need a panhard bar, the springs will do that job. I use only Firestone or Slam specialties bags. Contitech are supposed to be good as well but I've never used them. Any bag with the metal band around the top will give you trouble eventually. All the stuff I've seen from suicidedoors has been good. Also if you run compressors it is really worth it to shell out the extra cash for the big 100% duty Firestone compressor. We won' even install the 317's anymore because we have to much troube with the reed valves in them going out. I've had the big Firestone in my suburban for over 4 years and it has never had any probs.
    Good places to get parts www.ifcustoms.com or www.ekstensive.com. Bill at Ekstensive Metalworks is a genious and has done many old rides. Avoid Aim industries at all costs, it's almost all trash. Alot of people have had trouble with stuff from FBI.com as well.
    Hope this helps. Feel free to pm me or email me at [email protected].

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% also, you must run seperate valves for each front corner to get it to lift up level, and so there is no air transfer between the bags when cornering. You can get away with running 2 valves for the entire back. I have bagged both of my 1950 Ford tudors and on the first car I ran 8 3/8" SMC valves with 1/2" line, 2 Firestone/ or Thomas 120 compressors, and a 5 gallon. The car was more than fast enough, and I had plenty of air from gallon if you don't play with it too much. On my 50 now, I ran just 2 valves in the rear, and it is exactly the same speed for lift and dump as before. Don't run manual valves. That's old skool shit. Hack shack in Ontario has some good prices. If I think of more I'll let you know... If you kave any questions, just email me @ [email protected]

3. 1LOWCHIEF

1LOWCHIEF

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Okay, I'll help. But it is against my better judgement.

Brackets: www.suicidedoors.com they're cheap and made from the same steel as everybody elses (hope you don't mind writing a check to a mini-trucker).

Bags, compressors, shocks, fittings, vlaves and airline: www.deviouscustoms.com Good prices, great service.

other sources: www.mastreimagecustoms.com Same parts as the rest, really good prices.

Good luck with your S-10.... er, um I mean ShoeBox.

[/ QUOTE ]

master image customs is out of business

[/ QUOTE ]

give the guy a break...

its www.masterimagecustoms.com

they are still around, as far as I know.

And what is a joto anyway?

I am/was a minitrucker... but joto I am not familiar with...

~Bryant

4. lowburban

lowburban

If you set the rear end up with a 2-link (works like a ladder bar setup) You will not need seperate valves for each side. The links keep the vehicle level. This does give you less body roll but also has inherently less articulation for negotiating steep drives etc... at an angle. This is generally not a prob on slammed rides cause we avoid that shit anyways. It is also much easier to place the gags forward on the links with this system which results in a much better ride and more lift than when the bags are placed over the axle. Just depends on your driving habits and needs as to which way is better for you.

5. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

6. RF

RF

Joto = Butt Pirate