Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm a Hot Rod Hooligan!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chuckspeed, Jul 30, 2007.

1. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

FINALLY!!!

The Track Roadster SINGS!

After farting with carbs and ignition for freakin' EVER, the whole schmeer fell into place on a shakedown run to work this AM. I'd added in the third carb and noticed the motor was pinging under hot load yesterday...so's the timing was backed off by about 5 degrees.

Car ran smooth...once warm, I spooled it up in second, and...

Was able to see 60+ MPH on the speedo, which is off a bit...made it closer to 70 than 60. Actually felt the motor start to nose over, so's I know it made it to near 5000 RPM.

Moments later, I'm at one of those 2-into-1 merge lanes; a late model Acura is on the inside; I take the outside. Moments B4 the lite goes green, the guy gives me a look....yah. I'm gonna git on it.

Feather the launch, then hammer all six plates WFO on the '94's. Induction noise sounds soo sweet; motor really raps at about 3000 RPM. Spooled up to about 35 (!?) in first, got rubber in 2nd and she pulled nice and hard up to 55.

Peeped the rearview; the Acura was a good 6-8 carlengths back. Rolled outta the throttle, and he was on my back end like stink on shit. Yup - he was in it.

Rolled up to the next lite, and made a hard right; tipped in the throttle and slid the ass end around so's that I presented a broad side to the 'vette sittin' in the left turn lane.

Yea, buddy...I'm a hot rod hooligan, and it feels GREAT!

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Wild man at the wheel. Congratulations.
    Giving it more fuel too I see, besides backing off the timing.
    Good for you!

3. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

I didn't built it to look at it, man. It's *supposed* to sing!

4. Chuck, it's good to hear you got the gremlins sorted out. After seeing your car and riding 75 miles or so in a rumble seat this weekend, I have GOT to build a roadster. I was having a good time riding, I can't imagine how much fun you're having driving!

I think I speak for the masses here when I saw we all want to see some high quality video of it on the open road singin' loud and proud.

5. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

will do! Gotta sort out some more gremlins first, tho.