Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blue Suede Cruise at Norwalk

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruisinkruty, Jul 29, 2007.

1. cruisinkruty

cruisinkruty

wow whadda weekend! Friday was a wash,literally! The rain was a MFer. We got screwed outa the free cookout friday night as the weather had a high level of vacuum"it sucked,rain" O.K. fast forward to Saturday....That cheap _rick Bader Jr. did not eeeeven carry over the cookout to Sat. evening,he just cancelled it! O.K. at least we had a fecal load of "FUN RUNS" blasts up the 1/4 mile with a time slip too...Uh oH...Bader does it again and does not give us complete time slips with Rt,60ft,120 ft etc. They even give ya other peoples time slips???WTF! My buddies 17 second 57 chevy brick does 10's.....not!!!!!!!!:confused: O.K. yea weather on Friday sucked but that Cheap Bader Jr. coulda bellied up to the bar and had the cookout on Sat. evening and had competant people in the ET shack. Ya know Bader even wanted to do the D.j. duties himself and then chickened out at the last minute and called Cadillac Mike to handle it again. I am glad Cadillac Mike handled the chore with his usual expertise. Now as for the primitive camping area...I bought 4 tickets in DECEMBER reserving the spots I have had for the last couple of years and paid in advance.....the Rat Rodents declared a free for all and did not honor my reservations:( So we ended up camping in totally undesireable spots. Please do not get me wrong here ...the Blue Suede Cruise at Norwalk has been an AAA+++++ event every time except this year, and I beg the powers that be to return to the same itinerary as before and have a little class when faced with traumas like bad weather etc. Bill Bader jr. best get his NHRA sanctioned act together! I sent him an Email disclosing my displeasure...I will update ya if he responds....P.S. the 6 million he spent remodeling the track to please the NHRA WAS worth it! I hope he does the BSC next year and returns it to the way it was...Nitro fuelers ,Geezer gassers,Skip the B.S. bands,get more action on the track! Ron "Cruisin" Kruty:D

2. You gonna be there for the night of fire?

3. cruisinkruty

cruisinkruty

Unfortunately I gotta work that weekend,,,,,,

4. luckydevil

luckydevil

Next year don't waste your time & money at the Blue Suede....
    Come on out to the Rock & Race at Dragway 42.. You will have a good time........

5. patgizz

patgizz
    from cleveland

x2 - i'll be back at the rock & race next year. met up this evening with some people that went to the BSC and they were unhappy enough to claim never to go back to norwalk or summit raceway park or whatever they call it now.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

X3 :D

I know I'll be at Rock & Race next year:cool:

7. yep, what he said.....no cookout, and no racing on friday even though the rain didnt actuall come till 6 ish....charging an extra $10 a head for kids....no info on the time ticket.....no track prep, I was spinning all over the place:D but you know what, I took my kids again and they had a blast. They loved the Geezer Gassers and the super stocks. They would have like to see some nitro....the jet truck and fireworks where great as usual. The best part was getting to take them down the 1/4 mile in the Rebel Reaper....In fact, I only got to make 1 solo pass the whole weekend! Not as good as years past, but still had a good time. Don

8. luckydevil

luckydevil

Glad to hear that! What ever happened to your pictorial story about the R&R?

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm working on it sweetie.....that and trying to get Big Olds ready to head west. Alot on my plate the last couple of weeks BUT it will get done.;)

10. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

I went to Norwalk and had a great time. Didn't know about a BBQ and didn't miss it. Guess I didn't go to eat. Crewed with a SS car and was treated great. There wasn't any track prep but with all the street cars it would have been a waste anyway.

11. cruisinkruty

cruisinkruty

Bader actually called me back! Trouble is I was at work and he is only aviailable for about an hour each day! So he got to talk to my answering machine.Tell me this is not typical of the gold chainers! I really wonder if there will be a BSC next year.the guys at my club said I really reamed him here on the Hamb,but hey WTF I was not lying. Yea,I think I am doing the Rock and Race at 42 next year even though I now live 5 miles from Thompson Drag raceway.:D ya know I really like camping out at a drag strip,it truly is a blast.

12. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

I noticed in Cruisentimes magazine that the track owner is not going to have Blue Suede Cruise next year due to the complaints from people. I have liked going down for the weekend, it was only a 2 to 3 hour drive and you just had fun. But this year we could have ran Friday and instead we just cooked on the pavement and that was after driving 3 hours to get there and be told it was cancelled and to come back on Saturday, after explaining that the hotel did not have parking for trailers we were allowed to stay. As far as the barbuque I did not purchase tickets for this event but the people who did recived free ice cream instead of there money back??????
    I always was told Norwalk was a great place to race and it was trying to cater to everone and they have always done that but I think they dropped the ball this year.
    Jon