Register now to get rid of these ads!

'42 chevy pickup build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowriding 'lane, Jul 27, 2007.

1. lowriding 'lane

lowriding 'lane

Hey guys,
    I know some of you know the story but i'll go through the whole deal so everyone's on the same page. last summer i picked up a 42 chevy pickup cab, and decided it was going to be me and my little brother's hot rod project, he's 14 and it's going to be his car when he can drive. So we had the cab, and we got a complete 68 chevy c10 that we ended up tossing the body and using the frame for the 42. But i was in my senior year at UCONN finishing up my mechanical engineering degree so when the summer was over we didn't really touch the truck until this may, when we decided we wanted to go to the road agents rumble in it. So here's what we had 2 and a half months ago:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we had already channeled it, and started the frame work but we still needed to z and shorten the rear frame, bag it, make the front frame horns and get the front end in it, make it run/drive, get the body together, you guys know the deal. but we worked some long days and got it on the road and made it to the rumble in one piece with the rest of the Rod Benders. So I just wanted to post some update pictures now that we have it on the road. my little brother had a great time helping me out with it, he did a lot of the welding on the body and the chop, he did ALL the metal work on the dash (sorry for the crappy pic of it but my camera wouldn't focus) and now we're just cruisin as much as we can and starting body work a little at a time. ok enough talk here's the pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here's one of the intake that we're getting ready to rebuild and put on there, i'm pretty pumped:

[​IMG]

alright that's it for now i gotta run, thanks for looking!

frank

2. 59NASH

59NASH

Looks good.

3. damnfingers

damnfingers

Fun family project...wish I was your kid brother...unfortunately I'm old enough to be your Grandfather.:D

Are you sure you're going to trust him with that??:eek:

4. Dan1955

Dan1955

I had a 42 Chev pu once. Wished I still had to work on with my son. I just got my A coupe on the road and he wants a roadster. Nice project you have and what a lucky younger brother.

5. premium

premium
    from Goergia

looks sweet. one of the better looking ones iv seen....whats with the tail gate(f-word)...haha. keep it up..looks awesome..

6. malibu283

malibu283

Looks great I have a 39 Chevrolet cab I would like to end up with somthing like that

Good Job!

7. lowriding 'lane

lowriding 'lane

hey guys, thanks for all the kind words about the truck, it's been a great project for my little brother to start out with and it's cool to get to spend some time with him before leaving for the Army. premium you caught me i used a 37 ford bed, it keeps people on their toes though since it's got a ford bet but an obviously non-ford cab and who knows what kind of grille shell with a whacky frame, it's cool to watch people try to figure it all out in parking lots or cruise nights and stuff. Alright i have a bunch more pictures if anyone's interested but here are just a few of the different stages of the build.

here's the cab when we brought it home and the c10 in the driveway waiting to get chopped up:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the next few are just a bunch of random ones i had on my computer during different steps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i have some more pictures of it done but they're not digital and you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out my scanner so i'll post those later on, thanks for looking

Frank

8. Hotrod F-1

Hotrod F-1
    from OK

That's very cool! I've some plans like that for a future project as well. :cool:

9. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

i dig it man, i got one of those cabs sittin in my driveway marked out for a 4 1/2" chop. it's my project for this winter. where'd you dig up a windshield frame from?!!