Register now to get rid of these ads!

My brother's 40 Ford pickup pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jul 29, 2007.

1. My brother got this truck for free a few years ago. It was in REALLY sad shape. He got it running and driving, but due to the frame being so rusty that it fell apart, he decided to tear it apart. He went through the entire drivetrane, engne, trans, brakes, ect. Up front is a dropped axle and a reverse eyed spring with some leafs taken out, the rear is a modified rear crossmember with some leafs take out. It is LOW!!! Everything underneith is either rebuilt or new. He replaced most of the body, buy wanted to keep the "patina" look that the truck had. Bit by bit it slowly evoled into the truck you see here. He finished up alot of loose ends today, and took it to a local hot rod show. I was really proud to see crowds gathered around to see the truck. It still needs a lot of work, but here it is.
    My brother got this truck when he was 17, and is now 21. He has done evrything himself, including the engine and tranny (with help of our dad). It may not look like it to some people, but this truck has come a long way!!! The last pic is last fall in the middle of the tear down.
    Congrats Corey!!

Attached Files:

2. ratstar

ratstar

Pretty damn nice! Especially for a young kid! I say this at the ripe old age of 23. I think she is in some need of a choppin though.

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

That truck is bad a$$. Love the stance.

4. skratch

skratch

5. Rusty

Rusty

Very cool truck,

Rusty

6. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

Bad ass. I'd call it finished and hit the road.

7. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Now just put a nice paint job on it and it will be awesome. Patinas fine during the build but isnt the point to make as nice of a car as you can afford.

8. hershambob

hershambob

hey you swensons build the best looking trucks,love the grey one behind,haha

9. Yeah me too!

10. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Hot little truck, very nice! No chopping!!!

11. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

That thing looked great at the show!! Thanx again for comin out to it! You think he'll take it to HRAR?

12. Thanks Josh, yeah it will be going to HRAR, but he'll have to trailer it. The show was bad ass!!! Thanks again!
    Chris

13. lowriding 'lane

lowriding 'lane

14. Killer. I vote leave it like it is and drive the shit out of it. I'm all for clean bodywork and nice paint, but every now and then, sitting out in the elements can produce an effect damn near as cool, without the hassle of waxing and worrying about paintchips.

15. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

It was totally a blast, but mostly cause good folk like you guys showed up!

16. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

Here's a quickie!

Attached Files:

17. mercjoe

mercjoe

Agree, dont chop it. Looks great the way it is and after a refreshing paint job it'll be sweet.

18. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

very nice looks done to me dont chop it man!

19. Good looking truck.........Drive it now, always time to change later if you want to.

20. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

WOW!!!! That truck is PERFECT!!! Don't chop. Don't paint. It's done. I've been collecting parts for one just like it. Your brother is my new hero! -stick
    P.s. Do you guys have a pair of running boards?:D

21. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

one of my top 10 cars, im 21 goin to be a little while till i get one but i will have one

22. No, that is one of the items he replaced were the running boards- swap meet score.

23. TMoney

TMoney

Saw it yesterday...looks pretty damn good!

24. bitchin truck!!!