Register now to get rid of these ads!

TOOL BOXES any one collect

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MADMILLER, Mar 17, 2007.

1. DashEight

DashEight
    from Seattle WA

2. i have an old snap on box & tools from the mid 40s from my grandfather

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

thanks for the link DashEight
    that was a good thread

I picked this one up at a yard sale for $5.00
    just a plain little box
    but with the sticker on the end and name tag on top it brings up mental images of Rosie the riveter

Attached Files:

4. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

COOL, an old Boeing box!:) Never thought I'd see another one, my grandma has one from back when she worked there sitting on her porch right now!:eek:

5. DashEight

DashEight
    from Seattle WA

My pops and grandpa worked at Boeing here in Seattle on the 707's and such, They both still have their company toolboxes. I keep my eye out for the great deals on tool boxes, roll-aways and chests at the Boeing Surplus in Kent WA, Every once in a while a few come up. Good place to buy tools also.

6. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

MadMiller's profile states that his car is a 57 chev.

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

The bitch about it is those brand new boxes that I was so proud of are now collector items that may fit in a side box for one of those aircraft carrier tool boxes of today.

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

...the thread has now come full circle

9. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

I got two, one that is as big as a car, as tall as a fourby and sits on casters at work filled to the brim with tools, then I have my old toolbox from when I started making a living working on others peoples cars, getting close to 20 years old filled with even more tools, does that make it a collectors item? Not sure but it has been repainted, then once that got all faded and rusty, I had it powder coated to make it look new again, kinda like my cars. Too bad I lost all those cool stickers from all those years gone by.