Register now to get rid of these ads!

stopping airbag lean

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hombres ruin, Jul 26, 2007.

1. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

i have front and back airbags(fire stone) ,parker solonoids,3/8 slow down valves on the back as well as dump valves on the front and back.when the bags go up i am leaning to the drivers side its a noticable lean and its annoying as hell,are we looking at uneven air distribution,faulty bag valves etc anyone had this before i would love the help thanks:confused:

2. roadduster54

roadduster54

how many valves are you running? if you are just running 4 then the air is going to shift from side to side when turning or with weight. if you run 8 valves you can put more pressure in the drivers side bags for the weight and it will not roll when you turn.

3. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

does it lean all the time?
    or after a turn to the right?
    you could have air tranfer if your bags are "teed" and not run independent of one-anohter.

4. JamesG

JamesG

Plumb your bags seperatly. Whats happening is when you air up or even when you corner, your air is going from one bag to the other.

5. bigolds

bigolds

Absolutely....separate valves for each corner!!!! My Olds is heavy as shit, But it handles the twisties like it's on rails!!! No air transfer at all. Sit level all of the time too!!!!!

6. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

thanks guys,what happening is once i top the front off i reduce it to a good ride hight and it leans,the drivers side leans and the passenger side is raised we arent talking 45 degrees or anything drastic but its noticable,iam running slolnoids for each bag,hoses for each bag and valves for each bag,if so how do you stop air transfer?

7. lowriding 'lane

lowriding 'lane

maybe i'm reading this wrong but if you have valves for each bag.... just let a little more air out of the side that's sitting higher, good to go.

8. You might have a twist in the sway bar,
    creating a difference in ride height side to side.

9. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

do you have a gauge telling you how much pressure you have in each bag?? are the pressure levels the same?? did you do the install? were "cups" used? they may be of unequal length which will make one side higher than the other with the same amount of pressure in each bag.

also, does it have the same lean when you are not in the car? is the battery on the drivers side? do you weigh 300 pounds???

10. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Unkl IAN said it. I would definately check that swap bar. Pull it off, and set it on the workbench. It should touch the workbench on each end.

I had the same problem on my Rivi. I had a mean Driverside gangsta lean, all due to a JY bent S-10 swaybar. We went through everything isolating corners, solenoids, etc. You could air it up, and it sat level as can be. Get in it, and whamo insta lean.

Maybe its your setup but my guess is Swaybar.

What kind of car is it?

11. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

the sway bar was checked and it wasnt bent,looks like a lazy solonoid that wont open all the way to let air in the bag,the other thing is that when i hit 60 on the freeway the car starts to shake a little bit starting at the back,i put shocks on it and that helped but there is still a little shaking,would a rear sway bar set up help that problem