Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats your favorite '60 s truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moonglow, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Big Dad

Big Dad

Yeah ...I like them too
    Here is mine

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  2. Big Dad

Big Dad

Really, think so ?

3. blazentrout

blazentrout

you want ugly but cool try a '64 and up jeep wagoneer. i know its not a truck, but they are a great utility wagon.

4. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

58 to 60 Fords, or 62 to 68 IHC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

my piece of crap 65 crewcab and my daily driver 69 that my pop bought brand new for $3353.15!! he actually remembers that price off hand:eek:

Attached Files:

6. I've always liked two.
    Uni-body Fords(short beds)
    Dodge pick-ups(Red Wagon style)

7. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

I've always been partial to 1960 Effies, could be 'cause i have one. 223 6 cyl, 4 on floor, 2wd. Got her out in western nebraska had been sitting for 20 years, got her home shot aired up the tires, changed the oil shot some carb cleaner down the carb, and vroom, hasn't changed much since then. sadly she's off to the scrap yard in about a week, but the engines gonna find a place between the rails of a model A someday.
    [​IMG]

8. Swifster

Swifster

Another vote for the '62-'68 IH and '64-'70 Dodge A100.

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

Hands down... this is the one!!! Jeem's here on the hamb!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Hey, Silent_Orchestra, want to sell some parts before it goes to scrap?

11. mike nixon

mike nixon

hands down the international harvesters. 62 is at the top, then the 65-8's. i prefer 4x4's.

chevies are next in line, any year from 60-9 just pick one.

mike

12. T-Roy

T-Roy

Here's my '63 D200, /6 and 3 on the tree. A guy I used to work with gave this truck to me. It hadn't been on the road in about 9 years when I got it. I've got about $1200 into it. It's been my daily for about 6 months now. I think those slant 6's will run forever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Troy

13. i had a 1963 GMC 3/4 ton, green ol' rusty, wish i still had that damn truck, sold it for 400 bucks i belive or thereabouts, if any of u guys just picked one up, and u live in south dakota.. hit me up maybe we can talk buisness. it's green with a rotted out wood bed, cant remember for sure, but i know it had either a b&m or hurst shifter in it..

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

You're an idiot if you send that thing to the scrap yard!

15. Sailor

Sailor

Designwise. These Dodges are the most underrated of the trucks. The bad part is the grille / headlightarea. The rest is actually well proportioned and some parts (like the roof) better the the Fords and GMs.

16. Moonglow

Moonglow

Thanks for the offer fishtank, but I'm not ready to buy yet. Doing my homework now so I'll know what to look for next spring. Thanks again!

17. Moonglow

Moonglow

That would be awesome! I'll PM you before we head that way. I think it's so cool that so many HAMBers are always so willing to help each other. You're the best, thanks again! :cool: :cool: :cool:

18. Moonglow

Moonglow

What a thing of beauty. This one's a killer! Thanks for posting the photo, crazy_backyard_builder.

Attached Files:

19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Hell Yes! This truck kicks ass. I think he sold it, though. :(

Malcolm

20. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

I'd have to say i'm not an idiot, there's not a part on that truck except for the drive train, that doesn't need to be replaced, it need's a hood, fenders, box, dors, cab, grill needs work, needs a whole new interior, and a bunch of other shit. it isn't worth the time or money when there's one about 50miles away that is $1,500, and all it needs is a drivers door and a fresh coat of paint. I love that truck to death, and i'm sad to see it go, but it's gotta, if you don't think it should go to the scrap yard, come pick it up minus the engine, i'll sell it to you for $300, there's also no title the other reason it's going. so if you want to save it from being turned into your next soup can come get it.

21. rowdy

rowdy

no shit, hands down big dads truck is spot on. A lot of times you see a picture of something and are then let down when you see it in person, i.e. my last internet wife, but big dads truck is far more than that photo. If you think those trucks are ugly drive out to texas and see one that aint.
    rowdy

22. Yep, photo's don't do it justice.

It's so clean, I feel dirty just standing next to it! ;)

I have a '64 Chevrolet in the works, and now a '55 Dodge and a '54 AD.

23. Moonglow

Moonglow

OK guys, can someone please explain to the dumb-ass (that would be me) the deal with sixties Ford uni-body trucks? I hate to sound like an idiot, but it's what I do best. :D

Are there non-uni-body Fords of this vintage (maybe 4x4's), are they only within certain years, or is it something else? :confused:

24. jchav62

jchav62

Probably the nicest looking old Dodge I've ever seen...

25. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I assume you know what is ment by uni-body in this case? no space between the box/cab. one smooth, cool looking truck.

only made for 2(?) years, pretty rare (up here at least)

26. Here are some: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152377

And this thread there are several 61-63 unibody's:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76175 Check out El Polacko's, feature truck in Classic Trucks mag. not too long ago.

27. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Please post a pic, Its a Mopar thing and most wont understand anyway! I have attached pic's of our own "Ugly?" shop rig, this is only one of many that old Dad keeps bringin home "1961 to 1971 Dodge p/u's". To be perfectly honest this truck gets more attention than any other car we have, and with the 318 poly it averages 16 mpg no matter how hard you drive it. The Cheaters preform awesome and every Friday it is loaded to the teeth with tire casing.

Cody

Attached Files:

28. Moonglow

Moonglow

Nope I didn't know that (dumb-ass me), but now I do. Thanks!:cool:

29. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Something about those 58-60 F-100's gets me everytime.
    People crap their pants over my truck but I really want a square one.

30. mtflat

mtflat

I didn't check all the links provided but here's the short of it.

Unibodys were made 61-63 in short and long box models, small and wide rear window models, etc.

There were also standard cab/box pickups made during those years. The early style sides used up the over-stocked 60 boxes and then got the new style - so you'll see stylesides with both boxes and they're both correct.
    Step-sides of course are practically the same (51-80's) so styling wasn't an issue.

Think Chevy Avalanch 45 years ago. Ford made the mistake of putting 8' beds on some and when heavily loaded the unibody sagged and the doors didn't open/close properly. Other than that oops! they're sweet trucks.

I have a 62 that my granddaughter has her eye on.