Register now to get rid of these ads!

what the hell is going on this month?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seventeenseconds, Jul 22, 2007.

1. seventeenseconds

seventeenseconds

Yesterday at about 3:30 pm a drunk/high driver in a Saturn plowed into my wife's car while it was sitting in front of our house. The guy pulled out and floored it running down the street. My wife, tough as nails, ran out side with her keys to chase him down in the car, but luckily a neighbor pulled up and they took her car. They flagged down a cop, the guy was arrested, and now we've got a crunched car in the driveway. We don't have collision coverage, so it looks like we have to go after his insurance (if he has any) to get the money for it by our selves. Luckily for us, there are places to buy brand new sheet metal and bumpers, but it's still going to be major surgery. It really sucks, and atop that i'm a week away from finals so the car has too sit in the driveway, as a constant reminder of some assholes's reckless disregard for everything.

It's so frustrating; there's nothing we can do to change it, and him going to jail for a few days and getting out on bail doesn't feel like justice. He's from Texas, so he's not even going to lose his license in Texas, just in California.
    The car will get fixed, but it looks like all shows are off for it until at least next season. At least no one was in it, I know it could of been worse, but this still really sucks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ratstar

ratstar

In texas isnt it the death penalty for smashing a cool car?

3. I guess July is amatuer drinker month. It's starting to look like we'll need to buy Armco barriers to put around our cars. I understand that if you try to split from an accident, the judges deal with it harshly. I sure HOPE so.

Sorry to see that damage. I hope he has GOOD insurance.

4. SICBOY

SICBOY

that really sucks glad your wife caught him

5. Man that sucks. At least it didn't break the back glass.

6. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Again it shows drinking and driving is for "moron dumb fucks" and it is awesome that your family was not hurt.

8. Appleseed

Appleseed

Thats awsome that you-no your wife- caught the bastasrd! So much of this hit and run shit goes unsolved. Hope it works out.

9. gearjam1

gearjam1

-If it was a Hyundai, it would have been totaled... Glad no-one was hurt.

10. Neophyte

Neophyte

"Sucks" is an understatement!!!

11. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Glad no one was hurt. Looks like it needs a pull to get it back in shape before cutting it off. Good luck.

12. buick 58

buick 58

13. roadracer

roadracer

kudos to your wife - bitchin that you caught the SOB. I had an old lady hit me after running a stop sign a few months back and a lot less damage cost her $5000. Yours looks worse. Let's hope he has insurance...

14. One of my greatest fears (car-wise). I'm sorry to see it happened to you. I hope this turns out right in the end. Hang in there.

15. Moonglow

Moonglow

It should be.

Damn, too bad. Glad your wife wasn't hurt.

16. Graybar

Graybar

Absolutely sickening. Hang in there man.

17. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

What a shame... such a cool car...

Your wife did good though.

18. You & your wife are the Charlotte's Web folks right?

That sucks big time....

Hope you nail the asshole

19. BBPACER

BBPACER

If the asshole turns out to not have any insurance-and there's a good chance he doesn't-check with your insurer. I too have only liability and had a similar experience, but my policy had an uninsured driver clause that covered my damage with a $200 deductible.

20. DelinquentDoll13

DelinquentDoll13

Hi-
    I'm seventeenseconds wife, that's my car.

Thanks for the kind words, all...
    I'm still so mad. Worse even he's our neighbor, so we see his piece of shit car everyday. I'm just so disgusted with drunk drivers even more now. But in the end, I'll have a new fin, taillights, and bumper. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's hard.

Yeah, that's my shop... next show we're at, come say hello.

Yes, I do have uninsured driver, but it only goes to 3500. Thats good and all, but it's going to be alot more to fix it.

21. DelinquentDoll13

DelinquentDoll13

I wasn't there [but we still had a booth].... we'll be at the Midnight Mass...

22. Got ya.....it was right next to our one!

23. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Oh man, that sucks. If he's your neighbor and has no insurance, I'd make sure I take it out of his drinking money.

You guys still going to be able to make to Midnight Mass? I sure hope so!

24. DelinquentDoll13

DelinquentDoll13

Yeah, we'll still be there.

25. Being a past victim,of a "drunk driver"i feel your pain!!Impaired driving is so stupid,sure hope he "pays"in some way.At least you weren't in the car,trust me it gets far more annoying and painful then.:rolleyes:

26. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

Google Evil Knievel and golf club

27. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

I'm sorry Google; Evil Knievil and baseball bat