Register now to get rid of these ads!

Its official HAMBANDY is a hot rodder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Jul 22, 2007.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

Well today was a special day for me, i was home lurking around here when i looked at slammed88's model a for sale. I pm'd him and we struck a deal on a ride for Andy. Shortly after Doc. generously offered to pay for this project.

Now our young HAMBANDY has a reason to beat this tumor, because he rode in my hot rod and he better take me out in his:)

For me it is a step in a healing process and a part of paying it forward. I just wish i could fix Andy as easy as you guys pieced together his dream.

I cant tell you how special the HAMB and its members are...

Regards
    Leon House

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Thats the best news I heard all day!!!!!! Can we see some pics of Andy's ride???

3. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Great News.... Need a list of parts etc....Thanks for the smile:D
    Fitysix

4. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

That is absolutely awesome!!!

5. movingviolation

movingviolation

6. Degreaser

Degreaser

extremely cool. good goin' fella's.

7. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Here you go Andy! Here's the pictures of your Model A!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Shane T.

Shane T.

How about the part we talked about ??? Any word on that yet. PM me if so. Congrats to Andy.

9. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's so cool...

10. I'd like to donate my talents to the effort. I'll give my labor toward seat upholstery. Unfortunately I can't afford the shipping or materials costs but if those can be arranged, I'll gladly stitch up some Tuck and Roll covers (or whatever the design theme is) for Andy. I've read so much about this brave fellow and I like to lend a hand if I can.

Who ever is running the show on this one can PM me to see what we can work out.

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Doc is the man! Congratulations Andy.

12. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

We need a list of what the car needs, and an address to send them too.

13. noboD

noboD

This is the absolute most incredible thing I've ever heard of. How about some ideas of what Andy wants the build to be and an address to send some parts? Maybe someone close to Andy that can handle this. Maybe a list of wants , like a baby shower? After all this will be Andy's baby. I'm in.

14. movingviolation

movingviolation

Shane i will pm you, and as for Andys baby..................

Ill get to work on it in the morning!

Thanks everyone

Leon

15. Veryt cool, I missed out on most of this over the last few months w/o Internet at home.........recently coaught up. Good luck Andy and we will see you on the road!

16. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

Good for you, Mike.
    I have no talent so I'd like to kick-in the cash for the materials and shipping.

Congratulations Andy!:D

17. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

This has got to be the most greatest board on earth the way in a time of need everyone pulls together like this is amazing!!!!!!

18. old beet

old beet

I'd be happy to furnish the window glass for the brave young man..OLDBEET

19. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Wow, that body doesn't look like it needs anything! I don't think I'd even paint it! And I sell paint! Great car to start off with for sure. I'm jealous Andy. Let us know what parts are needed now. HUGE THANKS to Doc., Moving Violation, Slammed 88 and everyone else. Most of all, Best wishes to Andy.

20. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Awesome, I was having kind of a bad day until hearing this. I was hoping soemone would come through for him. CONGRATS ANDY! Hopefully we'll get to see ya at the drags next year, and maybe even in your new Hot Rod!

21. The power of the HAMB is so amazing.Get well Andy,you've got a car to build! How's it feel to be Canada's most important "Hot Rodder"?;)

22. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

I'd like to give out my thanks to movingviolation, Doc, and everyone else who has offered to donate money, parts or services towards this project and Andy's medical expenses. There is nothing in the world more satisfying than being able to put a smile on someone's face, and collectively, everyone here on the HAMB has more than done that for Andy and his family. :)

If I can come up with any more parts or money, I would be more than happy to donate them for such a great cause.

And to Andy, all I can say is you are going to have one COOL hot rod, man! I am jealous! :D

23. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Very cool

We need a list of parts needed.

24. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

This is awesome. please post a list of parts as stated before. Or even just a wish list so we can get some parts headin that way.

25. 29ZZ4FORD

29ZZ4FORD
    from NWFLA

This place rocks. What else can be said.

Thanks to everyone involved.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

HUGE pat on the back for all those invloved. You guys all ROCK!

27. pitman

pitman

Just thinkin out loud, does Andy have any photos of cars, or A's in particular that he likes? Maybe even some Friday Art sketches would inspire?;) Nice work Leon, Slammed, Doc. So many are helping here, and all of us learning that he is receiving this kind of support.

28. damnfingers

damnfingers

Please, please document the rebuild with photos here on the HAMB! Not only for HAMBAndy's sake, but for ours too. Helps to make everyone feel like they're part of the project.

Maybe Ryan could make it a sticky so it would be easy to follow/find.

29. List of parts; fenders, running boards, A wires, LeBaron-Bonney interior kit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OHH! That's the stuff he don't need!

Great project guys, I'll help if I can. Lee.