Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tanker1, Apr 18, 2004.

1. tanker1

tanker1
    from OK

Been reading Hamb for months and finally got the nerve to sign on. If other old farts can I guess I can too! Just turned 59. Been out of the rod net since 1963! Retired Army. First car was 37 ford slant back with a 41 sleeved and milled Lhead, sporting 2 carbs on a fenton, daul straights packed with steel wool, green wheels, fake whites and hand painted flames! In those days I bought old ford parts at the scrape metal yard by weight. Second was a 40 Ford 2 door sedan with a 52 olds mill and columbia unit. Been running a stock 55 Belair 4 door since 79 and am in the process of re-doing it now. Trying to get caught up on the terms. Guess all my old stuff came under the title of rat rods or maybe scrap rods! I have enjoyed the reads and the pics. Good to see interest in the old Ford flat heads. Still planning that rod I never got a chance to build and I may do it yet. People on the Hamb remind of the guys back in the early 60s. Guess a few rodders show up in every generation. I’m out of here for now.

Attached Files:

2. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Welcome ! Never to late to get that old Ford and throw a flatty in it. What are ya waiting for? PJ.

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

Tanker...your not the only Old-Fart on here [​IMG]
    By the way, I think the term "Scrap-Rod" fits this community.
    Welcome ! ....from another "Almost-as-old-as-you"!

5. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

Welcome!

"Scrap-Rod(tm)" I think we found a new favorite phrase!

6. Mike

Mike

Welcome to the HAMB, tanker1.

7. tanker1

tanker1
    from OK

Thanks for the comments. Used to really know the old Ford stuff, but time goes by and the brain gets smaller! We used to fix up and modify our old cars with what we could find cheap! We had no money. Just a bunch of kids getting together to work on our old cars. Rods in the mags were a dream! Thanks once more, will sit back and enjoy the reads and pics.

8. Welcome! Cool 55
    Greg

9. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Welcome, I dig that phrase, "scrap-rod". Also dig yer' car..........

10. Welcome to the HAMB, tanker1! Yeah..."scrap rod" definitely fits the jalopy I'm working on! You'll be building your scrap rod before you know it...this place is very infectious! [​IMG]