Register now to get rid of these ads!

Should I be insulted?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopolds, Jul 22, 2007.

1. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Thanks guys...and thanks, Teddy! You know I love guys like that, we'll laugh about him and his opinion for a LONG time!

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I don't know about caucasionally challenged, but you sure have odd tastes in cars. I can't figure out why someone would buy such an ugly car.

I've been trying to figure it out for about 15 years myself. here's mine

[​IMG]

3. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Your car is too cool - period! Don't pay attention to Dumbasses.

RGV

4. Thresher

Thresher
    from Austin, TX

Hey Chop....Am I on crack or something? I would swear your car is like a '62 Dodge maybe? Not what your name implies. Please help.
    ps - I fucking LOVE the paint job.

5. SHRUM

SHRUM

What a dumb ass. Car looks great.

6. screwball

screwball

Why was he at the road agents show I bet he was pissed they didnt let his red 79 zed in the gate .

7. gearjam1

gearjam1

Heh...actually, I think it was funny. But, I wasn't on the receiving end... At least he didn't say you had a "cool rat-rod"... :)

8. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

I think it's funny and not shocking at all. That car fits in a low rider magazine like bread on butter. Read Lowrider magazine and you will see it is a "hispanic thing". Seroiusly dude take your blinders off. That being said I heard the same shit when I bought my 96 impala SS and now my Cadillac. No I don't take it seriously.

9. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Have you seen a lowrider magazine? I'd have to disagree this coming from a guy with a rivi.

10. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

Nice car ,I like it.

11. fef100

fef100

Don't feel insulted. Most people I know don't like old cars at all. Sometimes I see cars I don't like, but the owner likes it, or he wouldn't be showing it. I just don't comment on them. Maybe your car just isn't his thing. He has proven himself to be an ass if he has to slam you for it.

12. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

he was just just being stupid . your car looks great it was nice seeing it up there :) i miss howell hahahaha .... gotta go back there sometime soon and leave some rubber on those backroads .

13. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

But really if you got to ask if you should be offended then you weren't.

14. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

i wouldn't be insulted by him, he's obvisouly a dip shit and you have one of the most bad ass 60's dodge cars i've ever seen. It is kind of what cars looked like in lowrider back in the day but who gives a shit, you like it other wise you wouldn't have built and i like so it's even better. I get the same shit all the time 'cuz i'm the white kid with the cutlass on daytons and the escalade clipped chevy lowered on 20's but shit happens, and if he doesn't like what you built he can pop a dick in his mouth. i wouldn't let that stupid shit bother me. you got a kick ass car and your not a dip shit, that's all that matters.

15. Pay no attention to him.
    It's rare that you see someone with the vision to turn an unpopular car into a cool one.
    And it's usually a lot cheaper build, in the long run, too.

16. He's probably trying to say it looks like a lowrider. FUCK HIM! My Merc has been called a lowrider many times. I consider the source,cause anyone who calls a customized Merc a lowrider,doesn't have a clue. He must have been "chellenged" himself.

17. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

how would you like it if you got pulled over in it an the cop said
    " what in the hell are you doing with this car your not a mexican"

happend to me when i was 17 in my lowrider caddy. i about shit my pants when i heard this small town (read ignorant) cop say that. but i got pulled over alot in that car in that town. so i heard a lot of racist comments about it.

18. haring

haring

I'm offended that kid got to go to the Road Agents show while I had to stay home and work this weekend. :(

19. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

You guys need to get thicker skin. This happens all the time here and I just ignore it. It's funny how all you here is white boy this, honky that, cracker here, uncle tom there. But when the shoe is on the other foot all the sudden everyone gets all ass chapped about it. Welcome to America...no other place on earth is as racist as the good ole USA. example: dateline WASHINGTON Studies show that blacks are 6 times as likely to suffer a heart attack and whites. That's bullshit and insinuates discrimination of some kind. The black vs white thing is now being replaced by mexican vs white propaganda. This kind of crap is constantly coming from the government and I fail to see the purpose behind such inflamatory remarks from our government other than to keep us pissed off at each other. Think about it. Most all the time know one thinks about shit like that until the government starts this stuff. OK, I'm done, blood pressure is rising and time to relax. Rant attack over.

You have a great car whatever color/race you are. If you built that yourself you have my highest respect and screw everyone else. Good job, hell, build another one!!:D

20. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Just goes to show you...this country is not as "progressive" as some folks would like to believe...comes from parents and upbringing. We have a long way to go...stereotypes are alive and (unfortunately) well. People need to see beyond these stereotypes...Whatever happened to "Your fellow man?" or "Your fellow hotrodder?" I understand this is a kid...but to say something like that displays a complete lack of social knowledge...If he said something like that here in D-town...Lord help him. That ain't right. And it ain't right no matter who says it. To assign a particular race of people as owning a certain 'style' of car is not right...I know first hand what it is like to be intimidated by someone for what you believe in...this country has a long way to go...

21. Was the kids car flat black with red wheels ?

22. JoeG

JoeG

Perhaps you should give your car to this here honky :)

23. beauishere

beauishere

24. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

I think I hear the key being inserted into the lock

25. belair

belair

I can see where the dude was coming from-you got no 36 inch rims, no goofy 6 inch exhaust tip, the doors swing OUT for cryin' out loud, not UP, and where's the neon lights? You just don't get the street scene, man.

26. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

lots of mexican influence in custom cars-- particularly 60's style. im cool with that and respect it. and, yeah, my car has been referred to as a mexican car and lowrider quite a bit-- which is fine.

if the guy was just loosely joking, it's just playing and i'd just give the token laugh back. however, if he was serious-- thats kinda an agressive / idiotic comment and i'd counter to let him know his place... "what do you suggest, I grow a mullet, snort some meth and do burnouts in a camaro?" :D

-scott noteboom

27. Lucky77

Lucky77

Dumb statement by an uninformed idiot, I wouldn't sweat it. When I was in high school my auto shop teacher told a white student his recently lowered vehicle looked like "a rolling taco stand." I thought that was a pretty racist comment, especially coming from an educator.

28. 47 jailbar

47 jailbar
    from Mn

Did you build the car the way you wanted it? Who gives a fuck what somebody else says. I am in the middle of a build and I added Hagan Headlights. I think they look cool. Hundreds of guy's may bash me. I don't give a shit. The HAMB has thousands of members, everybody has an opinion. Everybody does it different. I guess in some ways we are all artists. We take an old car and build it our way and see what others think. I love this shit and I like what others do....

29. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

i get it all the time fuckem!i consider it a compliment considering how many cool lowriders are out there that they are inspiration to many hot rod and custom builders!!!

30. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

Sick car. I pretty much agree with everyone else. That just sounds like an excuse to kick his ass.