Register now to get rid of these ads!

Field Find '49 Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jpmopar, Jul 19, 2007.

1. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

I just bought this '49 Plymouth Special Deluxe Club Coupe. It's been sitting outside for awhile, but is pretty much complete and was running when parked. I was happily surprised to find the vintage Flat 6 Offy 2X3 intake in the trunk. The guy I bought it from said he has "a bunch more parts" that go with it. The way he talked, he has more vintage aftermarket speed stuff. I'll find out what else he has this weekend.

Attached Files:

2. john56h

john56h

That's cool....have FUN with it!

3. Holy fuck, what a score!

Of course, I may be a little biased... I drove a scabby 4dr one of those for several years. So beat that I could park it on Leary way in Seattle and not worry about it.

Miss that car; have since the day I sold it.

BTW, doesn't "special deluxe" sound like a cheesburger loaded with everything?

Again, congrats.

-bill

4. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Are you sure about the intake?
    Looks like it fits an V8.

5. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

Yeah, it's for a V8. That's my mistake. I was told that it fit a flat 6 by the owner. I had a friend go up and snap the photos,so I've not yet seen the intake in person. He just said it was an Offy. Does that look like a flathead Ford distributor lying near the intake? I'll get the car Saturday and find out exactly what it is.

6. Squablow

Squablow

Intake looks like a Y-block Ford unit to me. Still a cool find, even if you can't use it on the Plymouth.

7. no bux rod

no bux rod

Jp,

I am lookinng for an aluminum head for the long block Chrysler/ Desoto. 25 1/4" length. Any brand will do. PM me if your new best friend has one.

Thanks,

N B R

8. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

I should know what else the guy has by Sunday. I'll get back to you if he has that head.

JP

9. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Great find man. Love that body style.